MEMPHIS VS NASHVILLE

AAU was developed to give kids a forum to play in the summer.  Now apparently it is only about giving the best kids a chance to play?  A lot of times those kids that arent the best will also get looks from smaller colleges b/c they are seen on the team with a good player that can take them a couple rounds into an event.  If you dont think relationships are critical, just look around at kids on teams and see how they got there.  X knows Y who knows B who knows this superstar kid.  Coach A used to Coach with Coach C but there was a falling out.  Half the kids went with Coach A's new team and half with Coach C's new team.  Sound familiar to Middle TN?  Relationships are everything.  That is why there isnt a cohesive Mid TN program, b/c relationships have been tarnished over the years.

If teams want to combine, then fine, I dont have any problem with that.  But it is much more complicated than that.  There is no reason Mr. B shouldn't explore all these options.  I applaud him for having a vision and trying to make it happen.

CCB is right, there are a lot people out there to make a buck off a shoe deal.  However, just because you have a shoe logo on your chest, it doesnt mean you are making money.  If you are making profit, then you are doing something wrong anyway.  All that money should go into a non-profit mechanism.  Some people get so ingrained with the shoe companies that problems start.  its happening in TN right now, a couple bad years, a disatisfied company, and a program desperate and willing to do anything to get back on top.

We have been over the fact that kids are gaining exposure everywhere now and outlets continue to grow, so I want someone to answer this thoughtfully because I am honestly curious as to the response, Why does this one super team really need to exist?

825682650[/snapback]

It needs to exist to win on a national level. No team around here has won a national championship. So in order to do that the best boys have to play on the same teams. Why are you agianst it. this is what they do all over the country.The best boys play on 1 or 2 of the best teams in there city. that way you will get more kids seen by major college coaches. in the summer time this is the main time to improve your game you cant improve playing on some low level aau team that your dad's friend started up.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eddie and bump ,you know im down with a round table .but i think we have to be real with this because like some one stated earlier EGO's will kill what some people would like to do, like coaches telling parents negative things about what you might be trying to do and so on! if you coaches really want to do this lets get it done!!!!!!!!!!! COACH B.

eddie and bump ,you know im down with a round table .but i think we have to be real with this because like some one stated earlier EGO's will kill what some people would like to do, like coaches telling parents negative things about what you might be trying to do and so on! if you coaches really want to do this lets get it done!!!!!!!!!!!  COACH B.

825682695[/snapback]

THEM 2 I HAVE ALREADY TALKED TO..THEIR WANTING TO DO IT....MY SELF, I STARTED THE POST TO GET THE IDEA OUT THEIR FOR COACHES AND PARENTS......THATS THE ONLY WAY WE CAN COMPETE NATIONALLY..EGO'S ARE OUT THE DOOR....HAY THESE BOYS ARE GETTING OLDER AND YOU WANT THE BEST TO PLAY WITH THE BEST TO GET NATIONAL COVERAGE FROM SCOUTS...NOT JUST SCOUTS FROM THE MIDDLE AREA....SCOUTS ARE GOING TO SEE OTHER PLAYERS ON OTHER AAU TEAMS..ITS NOT LIKE ALL THE OTHER TEAMS ARE GOING TO FOLD...IT'LL STILL BE TALENT OUT THERE...

ITS TIME...COACH WATSON

This used to happen in Memphis. Different coaches agreed as towhat ages they would coach. They steered past and present players to the other coaches teams, not every kid bought in, in time most did, the ones that wanted to get better, compete vs. the best and gain some exposure.

In the mid-state area a group of coaches have to agree to work together, ages can be divided by mutual agreement, not everyone will participate, it may not happen, but it's a heckuva idea.

So what teams are you suggesting should combine?

825682791[/snapback]

IM NOT TALKING ABOUT COMBINING PROGRAMS..IT COULD WORK WITHOUT THAT....EVERY PROGRAM CAN STILL CARRY THE TEAMS THEY HAVE NOW..FOR EXAMPLE

THUNDER WOULD HAVE A TOP TEAM IN AN AGE

STALLIONS WOULD HAVE A TOP TEAM IN A AGE

ELITE WOULD HAVE A TOP TEAM IN A AGE

BALLERZ WOULD HAVE A TOP TEAM IN A AGE

??? TOP TEAM IN A AGE

??? TOP TEAM IN A AGE

THATS ONE FORMAT...WHO TAKES PART IN THIS WOULD STILL HAVE THEIR OTHER TEAMS BUT WOULD HAVE A TEAM THATS SUPPOSED TO BE THE BEST AROUND..THIS COULD WORK,,AND EVERY PROGRAM IS STILL GETTING ITS PROPS..

This used to happen in Memphis. Different coaches agreed as towhat ages they would coach. They steered past and present players to the other coaches teams, not every kid bought in, in time most did, the ones that wanted to get better, compete vs. the best and gain some exposure.

In the mid-state area a group of coaches have to agree to work together, ages can be divided by mutual agreement, not everyone will participate, it may not happen, but it's a heckuva idea.

825682797[/snapback]

WHAT BIG Y SAID........THERE IT IS FOLKS

I've got the names and numbers of everybody in middle tennessee on this post, players and coaches both. I'll be making the calls. I've already left voice mail and email messages for some. I've been waiting to hear back from some of you all.

Keep in mind we are doing this for the boys, not for ourselves.

I'VE GOT BIG VISIONS!!!

So the model everyone is looking at is to send the best players on your team to whichever team is designated the best in that age group?

So these kids would have a different coach each and every year?

825682903[/snapback]

Same coach each year, just as BigY has done, we've just started way late in the game. He's had a lot of these boys for a while.

I'd like to see the 15 year old group play with the Southeast Elite from now until they complete high school.

So the model everyone is looking at is to send the best players on your team to whichever team is designated the best in that age group?

So these kids would have a different coach each and every year?

825682903[/snapback]

NO.. ITS LIKE THIS.

9U STALLIONS

10U THUNDER

11U ELITE

12U STALLIONS

13U THUNDER

14U ELITE

15U STALLIONS

16U THUNDER

AFTER THIS YEAR EACH OF THESE TEAMS WILL BE MOVING UP A AGE..EACH PROGRAM KEEPS THE TEAM IN PLACE....SAME ORG....IF ITS ENOUGH TO MAKE 2 TEAMS IN EACH AGE GROUP.... MAKE IT...ITS NOT HARD....ADDING AT THE END OF EACH AAU SEASON TO FIND OUT WHAT ORG. WILL GET THE NEW TEAM....

IF ITS 2 TEAMS IN AN AGE GROUP...YOU CAN DIVIDE THE TEAMS IN 2 PROGRAMS AND GO TO 2 DIFFERENT SUB-STATES...THEY WANT MEET TELL THE STATE...BOTH STILL ABLE TO COMPETE IN THE NATIONALS....---AFO---WE WILL GET SOMETHING DONE............

A couple of ways to look at it. Either coach the same age each year, which trust me has it's advantage, or move up with the same team.

We are leaving for the Nike MDC, we should sit down in Kingsport and talk.

If you think you can make money off of a shoe co. forget it, it don't work that way.

You can get product to enhance your team.