Collierville vs. Riverdale

hhsgirl

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest didyouseethatmessDANG

2nd straight year in which Riverdale didnt score a single run in the State Tournament ... interesting fact.

I do have to say that I wanted Riverdale representing murfreesboro over any other team (except Siegel of course) ... good luck next season

If (and when) Collierville wins, they will have easy sailing in game two tomorrow against Knox Halls. Collierville has as deep of pitching staff that has been around in a while. They screwed up by not pitching their ace today but they will be fine. I'm looking forward to an Overton and Collierville rematch.

825681625[/snapback]

Some don't not call it a "screw up" because I asked some coaches the same question: why didn't they pitch the short stop (who is supposed to be their #1) on Tuesday? They replied that it wasn't his time in the rotation - in other words, his arm hadn't had the scheduled days of rest.

At this time of year, some would say that it crazy strategy. Others would say that it is the coach looking after the player's best interest - the health of his arm.

With the pitching that Colliersville has, looks like they can do what they want.