Farragut vs. Brentwood

feet

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farragut scored, but for some reason it was called back. The linesman said there was a foul by Farragut in Farragut's defensive half, but the play had continued for 30 seconds or so, and Farragut scored. I don't know why they called it back, since the center was right there when it happend, but they did.

1st, play did NOT go on that long. Foul was called by the line, the center ref was following the play down the field because Farragut continued on after the foul, which they may not have seen. Center ref, as usual. came back to confer with the line ref and thus the foul was enforced, as it should have been. This sort of thing happens all the time. You got the area of the field right though :)

2nd, having NEVER said Farragut was a weak team, or that Farragut played a weak schedule this year, I would like to say that they were the fastest and strongest (physically) team we have seen all year. We were a little surprised in the first 10 minutes but I think anyone who was there will tell you, there was NO domination of Farragut over Brentwood. This game could have gone either way, at any time. Both sides felt the officiating was poor - at best, but it did not effect the outcome of the game. I am sure some will claim that though. Brentwood prevailed and never lost their cool. Farragut was a respectable opponent.

It sounds like Farragut may have gotten a raw deal after reading an article about the game in the Knoxville News Sentinel. The coach for Farragut said play went on for 2 minutes and then the linesman called it back, and he said the linesman never gave him an explanation when he asked.

So actually, it sounds like the refs may have affected the outcome of the game, bhs007.

It sounds like Farragut may have gotten a raw deal after reading an article about the game in the Knoxville News Sentinel. The coach for Farragut said play went on for 2 minutes and then the linesman called it back, and he said the linesman never gave him an explanation when he asked.

So actually, it sounds like the refs may have affected the outcome of the game, bhs007.

825682426[/snapback]

Don't believe everything you read and only half of what you see. There was NO WAY play went on for 2 min. The coach actually was quoted at saying 3 min so you see how a story can get changed. As an eye witness, I can assure you that play went on for at most :20. In fact, the Brentwood fans didn't even react to the NON-goal because they knew it was going to be IMMEDIATELY called back. I think our goalie saw the flag, you might want to ask him for his comment.

Edited by bhs007