Farragut vs. Brentwood

feet

I haven't seen Brentwood play but I've seen plenty of Farragut's matches this year during "both" of their seasons. I, too, predicted Farragut in the finals and I missed at least this half of the bracket.

Officiating aside, Brentwood sounds like a very fine side to play and defeat the Admirals. Good luck versus Blackman. As for the Admirals, congratulations on a very fine season. You came back from the dead to make the tournament and that is a great achievement, especially for the seniors.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen Brentwood play but I've seen plenty of Farragut's matches this year during "both" of their seasons.  I, too, predicted Farragut in the finals and I missed at least this half of the bracket. 

Officiating aside, Brentwood sounds like a very fine side to play and defeat the Admirals.  Good luck versus Blackman.  As for the Admirals, congratulations on a very fine season.  You came back from the dead to make the tournament and that is a great achievement, especially for the seniors.

825682442[/snapback]

As a Brentwood fan, I will be the first to say that Farragut was by far the strongest and fastest team we have seen all year. We had several "Oh my gosh" moments in the first 10 minutes. As we expected, we were able to match them. Note, I am not saying we were superior. It was a great game and we have alot of respect for the players. Obvously we are trilled we won, and I don't think it was just given to us by the refs. I agree with everything you said about the Admirals.

Don't believe everything you read and only half of what you see. There was NO WAY play went on for 2 min. The coach actually was quoted at saying 3 min so you see how a story can get changed. As an eye witness, I can assure you that play went on for at most :20. In fact, the Brentwood fans didn't even react to the NON-goal because they knew it was going to be IMMEDIATELY called back. I think our goalie saw the flag, you might want to ask him for his comment.

825682433[/snapback]

Give me the number and i will call.

According to bhs007: "Don't believe everything you read and only half of what you see. There was NO WAY play went on for 2 min. The coach actually was quoted at saying 3 min so you see how a story can get changed. As an eye witness, I can assure you that play went on for at most :20."

Interesting.....the reporter said 2 minutes, the coach said three minutes, but YOU were an eyewitness and said it was only 20 seconds...

So I assume the reporter and the coach were NOT eyewitnesses and your opinion is more valid than theirs.

But then, since you can only believe half of what you see...

Edited by Seldon

bhs won the game. move on.

825682795[/snapback]

First of all, it is hard to move on when u know that u totally got shafted. Secondly,

bhs007 is a complete fool and here are four main points

1. it wasnt even a foul

2. the ref was about 10 feet away from the supposed foul and he didnt even look like he considered calling a foul

3. the incident happened in the very center of field where the linesman had to right to call a foul because he was about 40 yards away

4. the play went on for atleast a minute which is a long time to wait to call a foul

First of all, it is hard to move on when u know that u totally got shafted. Secondly,

1. it wasnt even a foul

2. the ref was about 10 feet away from the supposed foul and he didnt even look like he considered calling a foul

3. the incident happened in the very center of field where the linesman had to right to call a foul because he was about 40 yards away

4. the play went on for atleast a minute which is a long time to wait to call a foul

825682986[/snapback]

I think we will be talking about this for quite a while.

1. it wasnt even a foul

825682986[/snapback]

MY LAST POST ON THIS SUBJECT

The Knoxville paper was very insightful in their word choices for the headline regarding this game. "Farragut CRIES foul."

Need a tissue?

Good luck next year. You'll be back because you really are a VERY good team, just not good enough to overcome all the shafting that came your way yesterday, especially the one Tyler Olgilvie gave you.

Peace out!