Farragut-Brentwood

MD4Sports

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The referree was terrible both ways, the entire game. But the call that ultimately lost Farragut the game was by far the worst call I've witnessed in my long soccer career. First off, the center ref was not 10 feet from the foul in question, he could have made the call but he didn't, and for the linesman who was atleast 30 yards away to make the call is rediculous. Not only was the foul at the half-line, it had no influence on Farragut's goal - both teams continued to play, and no one paid any attention to the linesman (who was still holding his flag in the air) until the goal was scored. If anyone was watching the game, it was apparent Farragut controlled and dominated 90% of the play - but it ultimately came down to the last 2 minutes.

Goodluck Brentwood, hopefully some respect has been given to a team you thought you would walk through.

Well, we just got back and you have heard Brentwoods side, so here is Farraguts and no sour grapes just our side.

BHS, I would hope you would say that Farragut was a good team because you know as well as I do, Farragut dominated the game. The foul was called by an AR but he was on the sideline, the foul was in the middle of the field 50 ft from the AR , 20 foot from the Center Official. Play was allowed on and the Brentwood team did not stop , that is an out an out lie!@ The goal was called good by the center ref , he pointed to the middle and brought the ball out to center. Then he went over to the AR and called it a non goal and REFUSED to explain himself to our coach or anyone. Our coach demanded an explanation, and the ref laughed at him( very professional and virtually outside the guidelines , since a coach is entitiled to the explanation.)

How much time went on, well on the the ball went from the defensive 1/3 by our sweeper to the other 2/3 of the field and 6 players touched it before Jake Russell shot it, so I sort of doubt it was any where less than a minute with all those touches and the distance,( Try it yourself with defenders in the way. More than a minute is reasonable.

In any game I have ever watched or anyone who was with us had ever heard of, the linesman call and where it was should have never negated the goal. Seriously, how many times have you ever seen play go on that far, use that much of the field and then the goal called back, probably like everyone else NEVER.

The center ref even called us for a foul several times when we had the ball and the defender fell down. Anyone explain that?

BHS, go ahead and talk your trash about beating us, but anyone watching saw Farragut was the better team, we just came up with the short end of the deal.

Big G you were very politically correct, but your a coach so I understand

Well, we just got back and you have heard Brentwoods side,  so here is Farraguts and no sour grapes just our side.

BHS, I would hope you would say that Farragut was a good team because you know as well as I do, Farragut dominated the game. The foul was called by an AR but he was on the sideline, the foul was in the middle of the field 50 ft from the AR , 20 foot from the Center Official. Play was allowed on and the Brentwood team did not stop , that is an out an out lie!@ The goal was called good by the center ref , he pointed to the middle and brought the ball out to center. Then he went over to the AR and called it a non goal and REFUSED to explain himself to our coach or anyone. Our coach demanded an explanation, and the ref laughed at him( very professional and virtually outside the guidelines , since a coach is entitiled to the explanation.)

How much time went on,  well on the the ball went from the defensive 1/3  by our sweeper  to the other 2/3 of the field and 6 players touched it before Jake Russell shot it, so I sort of doubt it was any where less than a minute with all those touches and the distance,( Try it yourself with defenders in the way. More than a minute is reasonable.

In any game I have ever watched or anyone  who was with us had ever heard of, the linesman call and where it was should have never negated the goal. Seriously, how many times have you ever seen play go on that far, use that much of the field and then the goal called back, probably like everyone else    NEVER. 

The center ref even called us for a foul several times when we had the ball and the defender fell down. Anyone explain that?

BHS, go ahead and talk your trash about beating us, but anyone watching saw Farragut was the better team, we just came up with the short end of the deal.

825682774[/snapback]

Very well put lion, you finally made a good post

The referree was terrible both ways, the entire game.  But the call that ultimately lost Farragut the game was by far the worst call I've witnessed in my long soccer career.  First off, the center ref was not 10 feet from the foul in question, he could have made the call but he didn't, and for the linesman who was atleast 30 yards away to make the call is rediculous.  Not only was the foul at the half-line, it had no influence on Farragut's goal - both teams continued to play, and no one paid any attention to the linesman (who was still holding his flag in the air) until the goal was scored.  If anyone was watching the game, it was apparent Farragut controlled and dominated 90% of the play - but it ultimately came down to the last 2 minutes. 

Goodluck Brentwood, hopefully some respect has been given to a team you thought you would walk through.

825682770[/snapback]

Great fiction writing! Show me where we said we would walk through Farragot and then I might consider putting some creedence in your game assesment. We have always had the uttmost respect for Farragot, even this year. I'll give you 50/50 on the control aspect. I didn't think the ref was that great, but he wasn't that bad either. Pretty typical if you ask me. It is amazing how embellished the story of this call has become. All over something that doesn't matter, won't be changed, and did not effect the final outcome of the game. Farragut should not have allowed our goal. Then at least they would have had a win (by your standards) or a chance at OT. Why don't we talk about that?

Well, we just got back and you have heard Brentwoods side,  so here is Farraguts and no sour grapes just our side.

How much time went on,  well on the the ball went from the defensive 1/3  by our sweeper  to the other 2/3 of the field and 6 players touched it before Jake Russell shot it, so I sort of doubt it was any where less than a minute with all those touches and the distance,( Try it yourself with defenders in the way. More than a minute is reasonable.

In any game I have ever watched or anyone  who was with us had ever heard of, the linesman call and where it was should have never negated the goal. Seriously, how many times have you ever seen play go on that far, use that much of the field and then the goal called back, probably like everyone else    NEVER. 

825682774[/snapback]

Your grapes are getting more sour by the sentence.

You might want to check into joining a domination league where it will matter and they will have sophisticated computers to calculate field domination since it is impossible for a biased mind to do so. Notice I did not say that BW dominated YOU. We def. controlled where we needed to and made happen what we needed to.

I have never said Farragut was a bad team, I might have to consider poor sport as a description now. Really, my previous posts have said things like you were the fastest and strongest team we have seen all year. Is that not enough? Perhaps you would like it more if I got on here and said something like, "wow, I can't believe we beat a team that was SO dominating and SO ripped off by the center ref." What is puzzling is why you did not come back after that call and score an unencummbered goal? You certainly had enough time because Brentwood did not score until the 78-79th minute. To say that the call cost you the game is not very honest or thoughtful. Why couldn't you have just kept us from scoring our goal (which had no fouls preceeding it)? Then at least you would have had a chance at OT (or a win by your standards). Why did you not dominate right back down the field and put in another goal like you so easily did when we held up after the foul? Don't want to talk about that? I understand, completely.

Edited by bhs007

Great fiction writing! Show me where we said we would walk through Farragot and then I might consider putting some creedence in your game assesment. We have always had the uttmost respect for Farragot, even this year. I'll give you 50/50 on the control aspect. I didn't think the ref was that great, but he wasn't that bad either. Pretty typical if you ask me. It is amazing how embellished the story of this call has become. All over something that doesn't matter, won't be changed, and did not effect the final outcome of the game. Farragut should not have allowed our goal. Then at least they would have had a win (by your standards) or a chance at OT. Why don't we talk about that?

825683067[/snapback]

Now you guys are getting ridiculous. However you feel about this, it's silly to make statements like this call did not affect the game. When a game ends 1-0, and the losing team has a goal disallowed, I certainly think that affected the game!! Maybe if you won 4-0, I could buy that comment, but come on guys in a 1-0 game that kind of call is huge.

By the way, any word on the protest from TSSAA?

Who cares about the protest? It's all fine and well in writing, but what will it do for the game? Being a Farragut player, I can assure you any of my teammates will say the same thing - the game is over, nothing can be done, it was a good run. Unfortunate, but good.

And BHS, of course we shouldn't have allowed that goal, the ball was bouncing around in our box and you guys put it in - legit goal. But to say that the call concerning our goal did not effect the game, I think you're the fiction writer here.

Now you guys are getting ridiculous.  However you feel about this, it's silly to make statements like this call did not affect the game.  When a game ends 1-0, and the losing team has a goal disallowed, I certainly think that affected the game!!  Maybe if you won 4-0, I could buy that comment, but come on guys in a 1-0 game that kind of call is huge.

By the way, any word on the protest from TSSAA?

825683152[/snapback]

<_< you might be waiting A LONG TIME !!!!!!!! to hear about protest the tssaa isn't going to change the title game now

i've heard that the english premier league line refs have sensors or something in their flags that when they are raised set off buzzers in the wrist bands of the center ref to alert him of a foul or offsides-i wonder how much those would cost-at least for the high stake state tournaments

825682658[/snapback]

no they are talking about putting sensors in the ball

Who cares about the protest? It's all fine and well in writing, but what will it do for the game? Being a Farragut player, I can assure you any of my teammates will say the same thing - the game is over, nothing can be done, it was a good run.  Unfortunate, but good.

And BHS, of course we shouldn't have allowed that goal, the ball was bouncing around in our box and you guys put it in - legit goal.  But to say that the call concerning our goal did not effect the game, I think you're the fiction writer here.

825683168[/snapback]

LP12,

I guess you are right that the call did effect the game in a sense, but the refs call and actions did not lose the game for you like you all claim. I based my statement on what REALLY effected the game.

1) Your foul, not the ref.

2) Your inability to put a legit goal in

3) Your inability to stop our goal

Is there anything fictional about that?

I've said all I need to say. I have to put it to rest now - have a big game to get to today.