CCS vs. CAK A-AA Title Game

Just thought I would get this topic started since the fixture has been set for Saturday between Christian Academy of Knoxville Warriros and Chattanooga Christian Chargers.

So lets get a dialogue going on the impressions of the champsionship game.

Will CAK run away with it? Will CCS pull off the upset?

Who has more to play for? Will CCS win won last one for the gipper? (In case you don't know their coach of 32 years, the winningest coach in TN soccer history, was quasi-forced to retire)

Will it be a repeat of 2003? A CAK Title win 2-1 over CCS.

Who are the impact players? Both being East TN teams, who will have more fans?

CAK has a record of 16-2 and CCS has finally pulled up to .500 at 10-10-3.

Apparently both teams were not expected to be in the Title game this year.

As I've heard this was suppose to be a rebuilding year for CAK and they have played sensational.

CCS had a rough schedule and a losing record going into post season play but have truly defined the cliche, clicking at the right time.

Well....regardless of the outcome East TN should be proud. And so should both sets of fans and parents. Good Luck Warriors and Chargers.

May your prowess on the pitch only be outdone by your sportsmanship.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was very impressed with CCS's end of the season. If this tells you anything, it should tell you that regardless of a team's record, you can still go far! Awesome job, CCS. Records and rankings mean nothing in Memphis. You guys played a great game from what I saw. We really look forward to seeing you again on Saturday. Please convey my congrats to your team and coach.

Yeah, CAK's record is 18-2, but thats ok. I can't wait for this game. Im glad that both of the teams get a day off to rest up for this match. Im looking foward to it.....Good luck to CCS.....Im excited that we get to play ya'll.

I believe it will be a very even game that will be decided by who wants it more. I personally am pulling for CAK, but in the game versus sheffield yesterday, it seemed like some of the players weren't playing with everything they had. I'm sure it will be a completely different story for state championship though. Good luck to both teams. Great job CCS, I've been saying you guys were underrated for a long time.

GOOD LUCK to both teams. CAK, hope you're not offended but I've got to be rooting for CCS this go around.

CCS ... contain #10 .... he IS awesome, but not superman, although I thought he was going to jump over buildings when we played them. He CAN get vertical! Oh, and don't ignore the rest of that CAK team either....they are all very good.

Chattanooga's behind ya'll.... Good luck to ya'll and congrats for a great post season. You've certainly stepped up when you needed it most.

Guest LCStriker
Yeah, I'm down with Big D on this one. I hope CAK beats CCS. (Just like Grace did, or worse.)

825683108[/snapback]

As much as I would love to see BigG get his 3rd CAK championship his third year coaching at CAK, I have to pull for CCS in a very close upset. Sorry BigG, if it was any other team I'd be rooting for you, But I wish good luck and a safe game to both teams!!

As much as I would love to see BigG get his 3rd CAK championship his third year coaching at CAK, I have to pull for CCS in a very close upset.  Sorry BigG, if it was any other team I'd be rooting for you, But I wish good luck and a safe game to both teams!!

825683120[/snapback]

No worries, LCstriker. I have such great respect for CCS, and I really look forward to a good game.

Hopefully you guys will schedule us next season, even though you guys are big AAA now!!! Good luck.

Congratulations to both programs for making the finals yet again. Since no one else has done so, let me use this thread to congratulate Sheffield for playing in the semi-finals two years in a row. It sounds like they played with alot of heart. The finalist should recognize how blessed they are to have excellent coaches, strong parental support, and sufficient school resources. Sheffield has no resources,support, or soccer tradition. The coach and kids apparently just really appreciate the oppertunity to play the most loved game in they world.

By the way, did Sheffield have two late goals taken off for offsides and/or interference? The fact no one is on this board complaing about the officiating again reveals how little support they have.