Way to go BRUINS!

necvol

Spencer shut FCS down after the 1st with nothing but 000000 on the board!!!Clayton "OTEEN" Gant with back to back HRs, not bad for a Freshman!!!

Bruins had 14 hits to FCS' 5!!! Final 9-2

Congrats to a classy bunch of FCS players and fans on a good season!!!

CONGRATS TO THE USJ BRUINS STATE CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Edited by necvol

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USJ Bruins 2005 State Champions!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!! from hobock, you guys are truly the class of A baseball in Tennessee...To the Seniors, thanks!!!! the hobock wishes each and every one of yall the very best!!! to the coaches...from the first game to the last game you guys put your heart and soul into every inning!!! WE ARE THE PROGRAM!!! 4 out of 7 is not enough...we go to 2A next year...to every Bruin...understand that this continues everyday you guys step on the field..........................the hobock has spoken......PEACE!!!!!

WAY TO GO USJ BRUINS. It was a great year. No one star, just a great team playing together. WE will miss all of the senoirs. Good luck in whatever the future holds for all of you. Again CONGRATS TO UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF JACKSON 2005 STATE CHAMPS!!!!! thumb WE LOVE YOU COACH DYER GREAT JOB

Edited by lifesapitch

Congratulations to USJ.

Someone may want to tell the coach to give his players a little more credit and learn a little humility. The players probably feel that they won a title as well.

From this morning's The Tennessean:

"This is my first championship because this is my second year here," USJ coach Brad Dyer said. "I'm 34-years-old, and I finally got the head coaching position last year. It took a long time to get where I want to be, and I finally got there. My way works, and it got me a state championship."

Coach Dyer is a humble man, the players and parents love him and respect him. When I say this I have nothing to gain my son was a senior and played his last game for Dyer Friday. He ( Dyer) had huge shoes to fill (Carey) when he came to USJ and has done a great job. He can motivate the boys, all season we talked of a championship.. he knows his boys and they know him. He had a special group of boys this year that refused to be 2nd . He had to lock the the indoor batting cages so they would take a day off, their work ethic was impressive . He gave them Sunday off before the state tournament, or so he thought.... after church Sunday Andrew and Ryan called a practice without him they wanted him to be with his wife and kids. Friday 5:00am (championship day)Spencer and Ryan couldn't sleep they went in the parking lot of the hotel and hit wiffle balls. Ryan, Andrew, Hunter, Josh , Spencer would hit in the dark after a double header because Coach Dyer would turn the lights off at the field to make them go home and rest . It is not easy coaching a kid that demands perfection of himself, but when you have a team loaded with them you have your work cut out, I sure many days he ( Dyer) felt like a sports therapist. The USJ Baseball players are glad coach Dyer is their coach, every coach has his style. He has never cussed a player, tore them down, he is a positive motivator and THAT IS HIS WAY. The team would go to the end of the earth for him . Note remember that when reading a quote in the paper it's not always as as it seems.

Edited by Rebelwithoutapplause

Nice work young'uns.

I was able to keep track of the tournament, despite my perch in downtown Little Rock.

Much thanks to coacht.

Dyer isn't arrogant, the quote just sounds bad because it is out of context. But I'm mad at him anyway because I was promised a hat, that I never got.

Rebs sounds like the boy played well. He would be very embarassed if he knew that you were posting. Mark did a good job with the pics. I took a look at them as well.

You know Greg Liles predicted a baseball title during football season. Turns out he was right. Might ask him for stock tips or the lotto number next time you see him.