Way to go BRUINS!

necvol

Nice work young'uns.

I was able to keep track of the tournament, despite my perch in downtown Little Rock.  Rebs sounds like the boy played well. He would be very embarassed if he knew that you were posting.  You know Greg Liles predicted a baseball title during football season.

825685353[/snapback]

We missed you being there to celebrate with us! The guys asked David Brandt where you were . Yes he would ( me posting) ... but hey ... I'm so proud of these guys, I can't help it.. Jeremy, you would have been proud. You were there thru the ups the downs, all the football injuries.... the loss to Davidson.. when we were 1 strike from State Champs 3 times, back to back to back . This one was sweet.. As Andrew said "What a way to go out"! He will be continuing his education and baseball at Maryville College. Will Wallace got appointments to both West Point and the Naval Academy, he will be playing baseball and football at the Naval Academy. You're right about Greg... we're all headed to Tunica! Have a great picture of Andrew catching the last out as Ryan is holding his arms up in Victory. I will email it to you... What paper are you at in Arkansas?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to USJ. 

Someone may want to tell the coach to give his players a little more credit and learn a little humility.  The players probably feel that they won a title as well.

From this morning's The Tennessean:

"This is my first championship because this is my second year here," USJ coach Brad Dyer said.  "I'm 34-years-old, and I finally got the head coaching position last year.  It took a long time to get where I want to be, and I finally got there.  My way works, and it got me a state championship."

825683727[/snapback]

KUDOS to Brad Dyer!!!!!!!

rollredroll - you are absolutely wrong on this one!!! Brad has deserved a head coaching spot for long time. If it wasn't for the politics in Lexington he would have had that job a long time ago(that is not to say the current Lexington coach is not a good coach either ). When he says "his way works" that , to me, means he doesn't play the political game, and you should be glad because we are mired up to our rear ends in it. You got to have some intestinal fortitude to not play the political game with parents and administration. Brad is a coach that has played the game and has an excellent knowledge of the game. He not only is suberb coach, but a great person. He loves the game and the players; and it obviously shows! I'd say if he has to bow down to the rich USJ snob player's parents, you will lose him. Then you will find there aren't many high school coaches like him around. Brad has earned and deserves the recognition as much as the team - they go hand in hand! As for humility, I guarantee you that he has more humility than you are any other parent on that team has!

Edited by hackashaq

Brad has earned and deserves the recognition as much as the team - they go hand in hand! As for humility, I guarantee you that he has more humility than you are any other parent on that team has!

825685534[/snapback]

I agree...and yet his quote does not mention the team once.

While I acknowledge that quotes in the paper should be taken with a grain of salt, there sure are a lot of first person singular pronouns in that blurb. "I/my" and "we/our" are not that easy to misquote. By the way, here's a Dyer quote from a different paper (The Jackson Sun) and different writer: ''It's great to know that these kids played hard for me and accomplished something great,'' Dyer said. ''It's good to know that everybody bought into my plan and we had success.'' Well, at least he used the word "we" with that reporter. Wonder if the kids played hard for themselves, too?

I'm not sure how you know that much about me and humility (one thing's for sure - I wouldn't say anything remotely close to what Dyer said or allegedly said within earshot of a reporter, and if I were misquoted, I'd be calling for a retraction and/or writing an op-ed letter), or even why you would infer that I'm a USJ parent (I'm not), but I guess I'm not surprised to see a response like yours.

Edited by rollredroll

or even why you would infer that I'm a USJ parent (I'm not), but I guess I'm not surprised to see a response like yours.

825685596[/snapback]

You sure are defensive about not being a USJ parent. But it is obvious you have a dog in this race (what are you a grandfather or uncle to one of the players???). If you don't, then obviously you either want Brad's job or have someone out there that you would like to get in there.

As for your last pretentious comment, what can I say other than you have proved yourself already as being prideful. But what else would you expect from an arrogant snob that thinks so high of himself?

Again - Brad is a top notch coach/person and everything you are insinuating is pure bunk! You don't know the whole story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You sure are defensive about not being a USJ parent.  But it is obvious you have a dog in this race (what are you a grandfather or uncle to one of the players???). If you don't, then obviously you either want Brad's job or have someone out there that you would like to get in there.

As for your last pretentious comment, what can I say other than you have proved yourself already as being prideful. But what else would you expect from an arrogant snob that thinks so high of himself?

Again - Brad is a top notch coach/person and everything you are insinuating is pure bunk! You don't know the whole story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

825685920[/snapback]

Its very obvious that rollredroll is in no way affiliated with USJ. Luckily for USJ, neither are you!

You sure are defensive about not being a USJ parent.  But it is obvious you have a dog in this race (what are you a grandfather or uncle to one of the players???). If you don't, then obviously you either want Brad's job or have someone out there that you would like to get in there.

825685920[/snapback]

I'm not sure what made me smile more - grandfather, uncle, wanting the coaching job, or knowing someone who wants the job.

I am neither of the four (and equally far away from all four). All I am is someone who doesn't like to see a fine school like USJ get a bad rap (and an undeserved bad rap at that) because of an allegedly poor choice of pronouns. It would be nice for someone, just once, to put blind loyalty aside and say something to the effect of, "Coach is a good guy, but yes, he could have been more careful about his choice of words around the media". That's it.

He will be continuing his education and baseball at Maryville College.  Will Wallace got appointments to both West Point and the Naval Academy, he will be playing baseball and football at the Naval Academy.  You're right about Greg... we're all headed to Tunica!  Have a great picture of Andrew catching the last out as  Ryan  is holding his arms up  in Victory.  I will email it to you... What paper are you at in Arkansas?

825685460[/snapback]

You are just so nice.

I knew about Andrew and Will. Has Lil' Neill decided on a school yet and what about Hunter? I figure Ryan would rather play football and it sounded like Hunter got banged up and wasn't able to play much, but both are really good baseball players.

You can e-mail the pic to jeremypeppas@yahoo.com.

The paper in Arkansas is the Arkansas Times. I'm out of the sports biz. I'm a boss man with some fancy, schmancy title.

One other thing, you need to have a baseball scrapbook done like the basketball team. You may have seen it already, one of the parents did it for the girls. I saw a coaches copy and I was impressed. I can't remember the momma's name. Ask the boy, he can find out.

I'm not sure what made me smile more - grandfather, uncle, wanting the coaching job, or knowing someone who wants the job.

I am neither of the four (and equally far away from all four).  All I am is someone who doesn't like to see a fine school like USJ get a bad rap (and an undeserved bad rap at that) because of an allegedly poor choice of pronouns.  It would be nice for someone, just once, to put blind loyalty aside and say something to the effect of, "Coach is a good guy, but yes, he could have been more careful about his choice of words around the media".  That's it.

825686064[/snapback]

After seeing your past posts, maybe you don't have a horse in the race - so my apologies! But I still think the criticism of Brad is unwarranted. My point is this – he does have a system – he believes in that system – I have seen him work the system – and he doesn’t kiss anyone’s rear end to get there (that includes Lexington or USJ folks)! Now that is an admirable trait that few coaches have. He has worked a long, long time to get where he is. Did he over do it in what he said in the newspaper article? In my opinion, no because I believe he was venting some steam indirectly at those who didn’t believe in him and tried to bend him to their way of doing things, not trying to take anything away from the USJ players. I have overheard the naysayers talk about his methodology of coaching and why he wasn’t considered for the head coaching at Lexington. Brad just wasn't in the right person's wedding (inside joke). I mostly pull for the underdog (and Brad may not be considered the underdog to some) but from what I saw, he worked hard, kept his nose clean and got stepped on by a political good old boy system (not at USJ apparently they saw a good thing and went after it) and good things still happened for him. Again, I don't believe Brad for one minute was taking anything away from his players, but it was just a great opportunity to "thumb" his nose at the unbelievers. Give him some room to breath and enjoy this victory. That "fine USJ" school will survive.

Edited by hackashaq