Soddy bites the dust

dmurphy3

As a parent from SD, I agree that the girls should have gone on the field when RB received their trophy.  But you need to know that they didn't mean anything against Red Bank, they were just upset about their after game meeting that was brief and to the point.

Some of the girls went on the field and congratulated the RB girls after the trophies were already handed out.  Most of these girls have played summer ball together and are friends.  I heard a lot of them say they were happy for Red Bank to win if they couldn't be the winners.  At least the trophy stayed in Chattanooga.

I also agree that the air horns were a little obnoxious, but they were purchased for the second Beech game because the girls wanted their fans to help keep them pumped up.  They asked the same for the Red Bank game.  I don't think the air horns are any more obnoxious than bottles with rocks in them and certainly not as obnoxious as fans yelling hurtful remarks to the other teams players.  (This did not happen at the RB or Beech game, I have just seen it a lot this year).

Congratulations to Red Bank and all of the other winners, and to the teams that made it to the state finals but didn't win it all.  They should be proud of their accompishment.  Not many teams are able to make it to state at all. thumb

825684222[/snapback]

as a player from red bank i found it very disrespectful for them not to come out on the field to receive their trophy or to be there when we got ours... i am friends with a lot of the soddy girls and i had a lot more respect for them than that... red bank worked hard this year.. and it paid off for them... we just got overlooked and sneaked in there and beat everyone.. i think soddy should have been out there and i can understand being upset after losing a game cause we have all been there a time or two but that was completely uncalled for..

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its b/c he has no life so he gets on a website(behind a hidden identity) and bashes a team JUST b/c he doesnt like them.....he has no clearcut reason to get on here and bash them......on another thread, he was saying how we are just lowlife rednecks and other things so in a way he is just a racist.......he gets on here and bashes young ladies for not winning state and coming in second.......yea hes cool isnt he?(sarcasim by the way)

825684544[/snapback]

Racism is a stretch...don't you think?

guys i just wanted to fill yall in that it wasnt the girls desision not to go out on the field infact kirk told them to get thier stuff get on the bus &shut up ... how would that make you feel? i have friends on both sides of the ballfield including 2 of red banks seniors &thier parents so im not taking sides just lettin ya know. both teams had a well played season &congrats to all teams((just have fun girls ya never know when it'll be your last game))

By no means is this meant to slight the championship won by Red Bank. They won and worked hard to get the championship. Do all of you realize the kind of pressure placed on a team like Soddy Daisy when they win all year, are predicted/expected to be the best in the state, proved on the field during the season they were a top caliber team, and then hands down the team to beat in state according to everybody in the "Know?" You are putting that kind of pressure on 14 -17 year olds and it is hard. Wears on them. Sure they are disappointed and rightfully so. Don't expect love and kisses to be thrown across the field after a hard loss in the final game of the season. I will have to say that when we play them it is all out blood on the field but after it's over it has always been mutual respect between players and coaches. Blevins and Cooper are two of the players that I have the utmost respect for and I am sure I would the others but these two I have spoken too most. Keep your heads up girls your time will come. Everyone else just lay off. Right Backoff.

STD:  I'm planning on seeing you at the Soddy tournament next year.  Good Friday weekend. :D

825684849[/snapback]

dmurphy3 the soddy girlsdid go on the field and and shake hands witl red bank both coaches even hugged coach cline .congradlated her. sd123 the players were never told to get on the bus and shut up.in fact some were still out side the dugout well after the game.

SHUT UP COACH KIRK AND ALL SODDY PLAYERS, US HERE IN CHATTANOOGA WAITING FOR RESULTS HEARD YOU WANTED TO PLAY RED BANK CAUSE THEY WOULD BE AN EASY BEAT, WELL GUESS AGAIN, CAUSE YOU JUST GOT CREAMED!!!! TIME TO RETIRE!!!

CONGRATS LADY LIONS, 2005 STATE CHAMPIONS, CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RINGS.

825683438[/snapback]

COME ON NOW, SHOW SOME CLASS. DON'T TELL 15-16 YEAR OLD GIRLS OR A COACHING LEGEND TO "SHUT UP". AND I'M SURE HE NEVER SAID R.B. WOULD BE EASY.

R.B. JUST OUT PLAYED US THAT ONE GAME. SODDY WILL BE LOADED AGAIN NEXT SEASON AND WE'LL JUST SEE WHAT HAPPENS. ALSO, IT WOULD BE A GREAT ADVANTAGE TO OTHER TEAMS IF COACH KIRK RETIRED, SO DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT HAPPENING, HE'LL BE BACK NEXT SEASON AS WELL AS HIS STRONG LINE-UP.

CONGRATS TO R.B. YOU EARNED IT!!

I wonder what a coach like Kristy Brinkley or David Woods of Beech would do with the Soddy girls. I have heard some of the comments that Kirk has said to coaches after and before games. He might know the game, but the talent wins games and he has lost them when it counts two years in a row.... I bet he loses again next year and it would serve him right for the poor sportsmanship he continuously shows every year. How does he keep his job acting like a jerk all the time?

dmurphy3 the soddy girlsdid go on the field and and shake hands witl red bank both coaches even hugged coach cline .congradlated  her. sd123 the players were never told to get on the bus and shut up.in fact some were still out side the dugout well after the game.

825684875[/snapback]

yeah they did shake hands after the game.. but when trophys and awards were being presented they were nowhere to be found and that is what everyone is referring too.. not that they didn't shake hands, but they did not accept their trophy nor were they out there to see red bank get theirs

Whatever happened to sportmanship? Why can't a team (not just Soddy) lose a game and tip their hat to the other team? Why can't the team that won the game realize that they beat a team who made it to the state championship and that it takes a great team to make it that far? I am sure it was a hard fought battle out there and nothing caps a good game like great sportmanship. Not going to take a runner-up trophy is crazy. Do you know how many teams and girls would have loved to have still been playing and would have given anything to have the honor of being second in the state instead of sitting on the couch? It reminds me of the Manning football family. They have talent but they are ungrateful people. Kids sitting around just praying they can even get in the draft and Eli whines about who is going to draft him. I used to enjoy watching them play and now they make me sick. As a Jim Rome caller would say War not counting your chickens before they hatch, War not cramming your foot down your esophagus, and War being a great sport and a productive human being. I'm out!