Hendersonville VS. Brentwood

mm61904

haha. You know obviously know nothing about the game.  With a man down the opposing team can attack all they want really, which you guys did.  Hendersonville gave up the first goal then started to play and began to take over the game with the lead.  Without the red card, hville would have taken it easily.  It is natural for you as a bwood player to feel you deserved the win.  The referee was 5 feet from the penallty when it occured.  Brentwood played kickball most of the time while hville  played the game.  Brentwood does have some outstanding players such as ogilvie and lowder but lowder could not do much when all you guys did was lob him the ball in the air.

It really doesnt matter now, no one is whining but you cannot convince anyone that you were the best team.  Kelly was shut down because you had him doubled with an extra man.  A very tired Hville still mangaged many chances to win.

825684711[/snapback]

First of all, we are not trying to convince anyone that we were the better team. That is what you are doing. Trying to convince everyone that the better team lost. We have no need, really.

I love it though. You whine, boast and degrade in the same paragraph and then claim not to be whining. Yes, you really started to play and "took over" the game on that well earned PK. We did attack at will, which we always do, even on teams at full strength, and you still had 8 men back on D not 7. You lost an offensive player to the red card so it just doesn't make sense that we had some kind of huge advantage to attack. If anything you would have had a little weakness in offense, in which you claim you were superior, even after the card. Come on now, which is it? How is it you know "for certain" that Hendersonville would have taken it easily without the red card? I am very interested to know.

Kelly was not doubled teamed as you assert. We assign single man (#4) marking. We just don't play that way, never have and never will. You still had the same numbers attacking everytime you came down the field. All your red card did was force a couple of guys to take more offensive runs. Which you claim they were superior at anyway, even though they were so tired. Watch the game tape and objectively write down the stats. You know we will.

Again, take away the refs (which you can't) and Brentwood would have won 4-2. But, then we wouldn't have deserved the win, right? You guys are a great team that could not overcome what was going down on the field in both calls and play. It happened to us in the regular season against you. Are we whining about that? Of the State Title, I think we can honestly say WE EARNED IT! Of Hendersonville, we will say we were very proud and honored to have a fellow MidTN team there with us so we can finally put an end to the boasting wicked witches of the east and west. (That was just a light hearted, toungue-in-cheek jab!)

Here's a little taste of what Brentwood had to deal with all evening: Worth 1000 words

Edited by bhs007

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha. You know obviously know nothing about the game.  With a man down the opposing team can attack all they want really, which you guys did.  Hendersonville gave up the first goal then started to play and began to take over the game with the lead.  Without the red card, hville would have taken it easily.  It is natural for you as a bwood player to feel you deserved the win.  The referee was 5 feet from the penallty when it occured.  Brentwood played kickball most of the time while hville  played the game.  Brentwood does have some outstanding players such as ogilvie and lowder but lowder could not do much when all you guys did was lob him the ball in the air.

It really doesnt matter now, no one is whining but you cannot convince anyone that you were the best team.  Kelly was shut down because you had him doubled with an extra man.  A very tired Hville still mangaged many chances to win.

825684711[/snapback]

Brentwood played kickball? Are you really saying that? I think you need to watch the game tape and figure out who really had possession most of the game. We are a team that are all talented, unlike your team, which revolves around Kelly. Don't get me wrong, he is a great player, but no team can be a great team if they think one guy can do it all. And at no point in that entire game was Kelly double teamed, we had one of our starting forwards back at stopper marking him the whole game. Kelly was shut down because we had a guy that had never played stopper before shut him down, thats all there is to it. In all honesty, i know we were the better team. We had a better offense, like we have had all year, and a better defense, like we have had all year. You are just mad because u think a well earned red-card was crap, even though everyone knows he had it coming. And that p.k. you guys got, yea that was a good call :D . Lets get serious, if anyone got screwed on the refs, it was brentwood, but yet they still won. So before you get on here and start talking like you know something, stop and think about what you are saying, cause what you are saying just sounds stupid.

Don't any of you realize that you are NOT going to convince each other that the other one is wrong? This is just going in a circle, never ending.

Both teams, congrats on getting there, and congrats on a power shift to mid Tenn. Hope to see you next season.

Brentwood Bruins State Champs 2005

825685051[/snapback]

lol, thank you for clarifying that. I also agree this discussion has gone far enough. Brentwood won....nothing can change that. Both teams had incredible seasons, and only one team could come out victorious. Brentwood won a hard fought game. Red cards are part of the game that we all love to play or watch....PK's as well. They happen. We can blame the refs as well...which will do no good at this point. Yes, Im all for Hendersonville, and I was rooting for them to bring back another state title, but they didnt, and thats that. What more can you discuss??

jeez, arent you guys a little defensive, I get like 5 replies for one post.  I do not even play for hendersonville so chill guys.

825685077[/snapback]

I wouldn't call it so much defensive as I would offended and tired of being put down for winning a state championship. JEEZ!

lol, thank you for clarifying that. I also agree this discussion has gone far enough. Brentwood won....nothing can change that. Both teams had incredible seasons, and only one team could come out victorious. Brentwood won a hard fought game. Red cards are part of the game that we all love to play or watch....PK's as well. They happen. We can blame the refs as well...which will do no good at this point. Yes, Im all for Hendersonville, and I was rooting for them to bring back another state title, but they didnt, and thats that. What more can you discuss??

825685062[/snapback]

Thank you Red, even though your photo doesn't look like you have a brain, you obviously do. :D

Brentwood played kickball?  Are you really saying that?  I think you need to watch the game tape and figure out who really had possession most of the game.  We are a team that are all talented, unlike your team, which revolves around Kelly.  Don't get me wrong, he is a great player, but no team can be a great team if they think one guy can do it all.  And at no point in that entire game was Kelly double teamed, we had one of our starting forwards back at stopper marking him the whole game.  Kelly was shut down because we had a guy that had never played stopper before shut him down, thats all there is to it.  In all honesty, i know we were the better team.  We had a better offense, like we have had all year, and a better defense, like we have had all year.  You are just mad because u think a well earned red-card was crap, even though everyone knows he had it coming.  And that p.k. you guys got, yea that was a good call ;) .  Lets get serious, if anyone got screwed on the refs, it was brentwood, but yet they still won.  So before you get on here and start talking like you know something, stop and think about what you are saying, cause what you are saying just sounds stupid.

825684999[/snapback]

Guys, not sure what game you were watching?? Two dads told me at halftime from Brentwood, you guys were just playing longball. Double team on Kelly, you bet especially when HHS was down a player. Team revolves around kelly?? HHS beat you without Kelly, Bolt has 23 goals to kelly's 25, he also has 17 assists. more than kelly, not to mention Sutton Cash and T.J. Brown. HHS plays very good team ball, has all season. Hello?? Very unfortuante for an offical to determine a game. 99 out of 100 times, it's just a foul or yellow card.

Guys, not sure what game you were watching??  Two dads told me at halftime from Brentwood, you guys were just playing longball.  Double team on Kelly, you bet especially when HHS was down a player.  Team revolves around kelly??  HHS beat you without Kelly, Bolt has 23 goals to kelly's 25, he also has 17 assists. more than  kelly, not to mention Sutton Cash and T.J. Brown.  HHS plays very good team ball, has all season.  Hello??  Very unfortuante for an offical to determine a game.  99 out of 100 times, it's just a foul or yellow card.

825685456[/snapback]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Don't know whose parents you talked to but they were wrong. For the 50th time kelly was marked by 1 player not 2. The official did cost us. If it wasnt for him we wouldn't of had gone into overtime and PK's because he took away Tyler O. goal that bounced in and gave HHS a penatly kick. If there was a good ref the score would of been BHS-4 HHS-2. I like how you people that weren't even at the game think HHS controlled the game, watch the tape you'll see BHS beat HHS fairly.