Harriman Relief Pitcher....

hotrod471

I have a great picture of the relief pitcher that was brought into the game for the last out against USJ. I don't know the story about him, but we all noticed that he was a crowd favorite. I would love to hear the story and would be glad to email the picture to whomever at Harriman that would like it, just let me know where to email.

The picture is of him in full stride throwing a pitch.

Edited by hotrod471

I have a great picture of the relief pitcher that was brought into the game for the last out against USJ.  I don't know the story about him, but we all noticed that he was a crowd favorite. I would love to hear the story and would be glad to email the picture to whomever at Harriman that would like it, just let me know where to email.

The picture is of him in full stride throwing a pitch.

825683613[/snapback]

The pitcher's name is Andrew Knoblock (not sure of the spelling). He has been on the Harriman roster for four years. He has had very little playing time. He has always warmed up the pitchers. He was very instrumental in getting the Harriman players up for each game. He is a very nice young man and I am sure he would like to have this picture. You may put it on the photo gallery or you may e-mail it to me at Lexi41491@aol.com and I will see that he gets it.

I am one of the moms from the Harriman team. The kid that came in as the relief was Andrew Knobloch, better know as "Bush" or "Cupcake". Andrew is a senior as are five of the other boys on the team. These seniors have been very close friends for many years. All of the other seniors have gotten a lot of playing time except for Cupcake. Cupcake has never seemed to mind though. He has always been there working just as hard and just as long as the other guys, but never complaining. This group of boys are very tight and Cupcake has just been happy being a part of such a special group of young men. Cupcake is kind of like our "Rudy". He is a very important part of the team in many ways. He keeps the boys up and he lets the Coach know who is ready to pitch and who just might not have it that day. Our boys had high hopes when we played our last game, but they are all realist also. They knew that we were about out of pitching - I mean we only have 13 players all together. They had asked Coach Adcox to please put Andrew in and let him finish out their last game as Seniors. Some of our fans may have not shown a lot of class, but let me tell you this group of boys has more class than you could possibly imagine. Please send a copy of the picture that you have to mom4alex@comcast.net and I will see than Andrew gets it. If you could send it ASAP, we might even be able to get it put in his senior shadowbox.

Thank you so much,

Donna Hall

I am one of the moms from the Harriman team.  The kid that came in as the relief was Andrew Knobloch, better know as "Bush" or "Cupcake".  Andrew is a senior as are five of the other boys on the team.  These seniors have been very close friends for many years.  All of the other seniors have gotten a lot of playing time except for Cupcake.  Cupcake has never seemed to mind though.  He has always been there working just as hard and just as long as the other guys, but never complaining.  This group of boys are very tight and Cupcake has just been happy being a part of such a special group of young men.  Cupcake is kind of like our "Rudy".  He is a very important part of the team in many ways.  He keeps the boys up and he lets the Coach know who is ready to pitch and who just might not have it that day.  Our boys had high hopes when we played our last game, but they are all realist also.  They knew that we were about out of pitching - I mean we only have 13 players all together.  They had asked Coach Adcox to please put Andrew in and let him finish out their last game as Seniors.  Some of our fans may have not shown a lot of class, but let me tell you this group of boys has more class than you could possibly imagine.  Please send a copy of the picture that you have to mom4alex@comcast.net and I will see than Andrew gets it.  If you could send it ASAP, we might even be able to get it put in his senior shadowbox.

Thank you so much,

Donna Hall

825683792[/snapback]

Donna, give me about 30 minutes and I will send it to you. It is on my computer at the office. I think it would be great for his Sr. shadowbox as it has him in full stride throwing his warm ups and has some of the guys standing around him. Leaving right now. thumb

I am one of the moms from the Harriman team.  The kid that came in as the relief was Andrew Knobloch, better know as "Bush" or "Cupcake".  Andrew is a senior as are five of the other boys on the team.  These seniors have been very close friends for many years.  All of the other seniors have gotten a lot of playing time except for Cupcake.  Cupcake has never seemed to mind though.  He has always been there working just as hard and just as long as the other guys, but never complaining.  This group of boys are very tight and Cupcake has just been happy being a part of such a special group of young men.  Cupcake is kind of like our "Rudy".  He is a very important part of the team in many ways.  He keeps the boys up and he lets the Coach know who is ready to pitch and who just might not have it that day.  Our boys had high hopes when we played our last game, but they are all realist also.  They knew that we were about out of pitching - I mean we only have 13 players all together.  They had asked Coach Adcox to please put Andrew in and let him finish out their last game as Seniors.  Some of our fans may have not shown a lot of class, but let me tell you this group of boys has more class than you could possibly imagine.  Please send a copy of the picture that you have to mom4alex@comcast.net and I will see than Andrew gets it.  If you could send it ASAP, we might even be able to get it put in his senior shadowbox.

Thank you so much,

Donna Hall

825683792[/snapback]

Should be on both of your emails now. Glad to be of assistance and hear the story behind the man. Let me know if for some reason the email doesn't arrive.

Thank you so much,

Donna Hall

825683792[/snapback]

Only caught the end of this game but was very impressed with the way you ended it. Also, your #12 player (don't know who he is) showed a lot of guts. It did not go unnoticed! It is great to hit the HR, not so great to have thrown the pitch. But like warriors that live to fight another day, your number 12 wanted to stay in the fight to the end. Got to admire him. Nice reply about Cupcake. The boys from all the teams could teach a lot of fans about class and team support. Rarely is there just one star on a team, but your cupcake may be the brightest. Your team should get the award for "how to end a season with class."

I just wanted to tell you Harriman fans especially Donna Hall and family that I have had a wonderful time playing ball against them for 4 years. I have many friends on that team and think of them like brothers also. Alex, Jason,and Brett have been very competitive but we always get a good laugh with each other during the big ball games against each other. Good luck to you guys in the future and especially in ball because I know all three of you guys will play somewhere. Matt Goddard

P.S. Donna I'm gonna leave you my emal address so maybe I can get alex's cell phone number if he has one. Thank you for all the good times. batterup2422@msn.com

I wanna also congradulate Alex, Jeff, Jason, Sam, Brett, and the rest of the Harriman Blue Devils on a great season. Its really been fun playing with the guys listed above over the years. I really wish things would had worked out this year and you guys know what I mean, you guys had something special going on there. Looks like the team is getting ready to come together now.