Class A all Tourny Team

Gilligan2

What about the all tourny team ? Will tbca do one this year?

My vote for MVP - USJ pitcher Spencer Nelson

the team would also include

Kennedy White (P) USJ

Clayton Gant (P) USJ 6 of 13 ,2 HRs, DBL, .461

Andrew Long (OF) USJ 9 of 15, 2 DBLS, .600 avg

Josh Liles © USJ 8 of 17, triple, .470 avg

William Wallace (OF) USJ 6 of 13, .461 avg

Hunter Garrett (DH) USJ, 2HRs, triple

Brian Petty (1B) USJ 2 HRS

Who else?

What about the all tourny team ? Will tbca do one this year?

My vote for MVP - USJ pitcher Spencer Nelson

the team would also include

Kennedy White  (P) USJ

Clayton Gant (P) USJ  6 of 13 ,2 HRs, DBL, .461

Andrew Long (OF) USJ  9 of 15,  2 DBLS, .600 avg

Josh Liles © USJ  8 of 17, triple, .470 avg

William Wallace (OF) USJ 6 of 13, .461 avg

Hunter Garrett (DH) USJ,  2HRs, triple

Brian Petty (1B) USJ 2 HRS

Who else?

825683694[/snapback]

Saw Nelson the first and last game. First game, he threw icewater on a hot situation, and shut DCA down. The last game, he looked like a pro against FCS. Where did USJ find him? No doubt he deserves the title and I'll cast my vote for him also, but only if he has been at USJ more than two years! Middle tennessee will be getting lots of reports on him before next year rolls back around! Congrats to USJ from the center of the state

Saw Nelson the first and last game.  First game, he threw icewater on a hot situation, and shut DCA down.  The last game, he looked like a pro against FCS.  Where did USJ find him?  No doubt he deserves the title and I'll cast my vote for him also, but only if he has been at USJ more than two years!  Middle tennessee will be getting lots of reports on him before next year rolls back around!  Congrats to USJ from the center of the state

825683822[/snapback]

Spencer is homegrown and has been at USJ since 4th grade....Lives for baseball. He will make someone a great acquisition after next year. Plays a Brooks Robinson-esque 3rd base also. As I have stated before on this site, I believe 20 of our 22 players live within 2 miles of the school and most have attended since early grade school. If you want to know anything else about this group of young men, please ask.

Saw Nelson the first and last game.  First game, he threw icewater on a hot situation, and shut DCA down.  The last game, he looked like a pro against FCS.  Where did USJ find him?  No doubt he deserves the title and I'll cast my vote for him also, but only if he has been at USJ more than two years!  Middle tennessee will be getting lots of reports on him before next year rolls back around!  Congrats to USJ from the center of the state

825683822[/snapback]

I played baseball as a young boy and at over 50 remain a lover of the game. Never in my 50+ years have I encountered a young man that loves the game as much as Spencer. He lives to play baseball and some university or pro team is going to get a real player after next season. I coached Spencer from the second year of kid pitch until high school (I don't take any credit for his skills) and he is the ultimate competitor!!!

Many coaches through the years ask me how and why I put up with Spencer's temper and what they thought was a bad attitude. What they didn't know was that Spencer was/is like a prize race horse (a very smart one). The good ones are very high strung and extremely tempermental. They are at times difficult to control but if you can channel the spirit in the right direction the end result is a Champion.

Edited by necvol

Sam Cummings from Harriman would be a good choice.

He pitched a complete game two-hitter against Trousdale County and he pitched two innings of scoreless relief against DCA. He got the win in both of those games.

He also hit the game-winning two-run homer against DCA in the eighth inning.

Spencer is homegrown and has been at USJ since 4th grade....Lives for baseball.  He will make someone a great acquisition after next year.  Plays a Brooks Robinson-esque 3rd base also. As I have stated before on this site, I believe 20 of our 22 players live within 2 miles of the school and most have attended since early grade school.  If you want to know anything else about this group of young men, please ask.

825683826[/snapback]

Give me the story on Gant im curious and have always wanted to hear all the facts.

Sam Cummings from Harriman would be a good choice.

He pitched a complete game two-hitter against Trousdale County and he pitched two innings of scoreless relief against DCA. He got the win in both of those games.

He also hit the game-winning two-run homer against DCA in the eighth inning.

825684170[/snapback]

CUMMINGS ALSO STARTED HARRIMANS 4 GAMES A 4 DIFFERENT POSITIONS. ( PITCHER, SS, 2ND, RF, ) MADE PUT OUTS FROM 6 DIFFERENT POSITIONS ( 3RD, CF ) - BATTED CLOSE TO .400.