Curious that no one has commented on

davidlimbaugh

the C in CBHS stands for christian because it is christian brothers high school, and a comment on the call. after the game the home plate umpire was fired and isnt allowed to ump in another tssaa event. that shows all the fans and players that the ump made the wrong call. the ump made a poor decision

825684063[/snapback]

i havent heard anything about this but .. The firing could be one of several things .. lack of control of the game because of the delay, the original call being bad or overturning a correct call..

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the C in CBHS stands for christian because it is christian brothers high school, and a comment on the call. after the game the home plate umpire was fired and isnt allowed to ump in another tssaa event. that shows all the fans and players that the ump made the wrong call. the ump made a poor decision

825684063[/snapback]

The plate ump was fired? Was he the one that overruled the ejection?

He was clearly ejected and should have been for what he said.

There is no question about the fact that he was ejected.

825684167[/snapback]

I was looking at it from the press box. All I saw was the first base ump point at him and say something. It looked sorta like an ejection and I said immediately I thought that was what happened, but there was no you're-outta-here signal made. Just pointing and verbalizing.

825684063[/snapback]

WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR INFORMATION ON THE UMP GETTING FIRED AND NEVER WORKING ANOTHER TSSAA EVENT???

I was looking at it from the press box.  All I saw was the first base ump point at him and say something.  It looked sorta like an ejection and I said immediately I thought that was what happened, but there was no you're-outta-here signal made.  Just pointing and verbalizing.

825684199[/snapback]

NEVER SEEN A RULEBOOK DEFINITON OF A "YOURE OUTTA HERE!!" SIGNAL..BUT IF HE WAS IN FACT EJECTED, THEN IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ENFORCED REGARDLESS...AS FAR AS LANGUAGE GOES, IT IS SHOCKING HOW FOUL MOUTHED A LOT OF PLAYERS HAVE BEEN IN THE LAST FEW YEARS AND IT HAS GOTTEN ENTIRELY OUT OF CONTROL..IT IS NEITHER COOL, TOUGH SOUNDING OR CLASSY...JUST MAINLY SHOWS LACK OF SOMETHING BETTER TO SAY AND A TOTAL LACK OF SOCIAL SKILLS..BUT THEY MAY HAVE BEEN TAUGHT THESE UNSOCIAL SKILLS BY THEIR PEERS OR PARENTS, WHO KNOWS? THE TSSAA DECIDED TO CRACK DOWN ON THIS AND IT HAS REALLY WORKED WELL THIS SEASON.

WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR INFORMATION ON THE UMP GETTING FIRED AND NEVER WORKING ANOTHER TSSAA EVENT???

825684280[/snapback]

i was at the game and heard reports for a tssaa official that the ump had been fired. the homeplate ump is the one who overruled the call after having a discussion with the first base ump. that is the information that i have received'

yep - restricted vs ejected....  hard to 'restrict' a player :D

825683922[/snapback]

Not common but a player can be declared out and restricted. Rule 3.1.1. Illegal player enters game. (A substitute that has already entered and left the game reenters the game for example). After being restricted, he reenters again, he is ejected. Like I said not common but possible. The out, if he is an offensive player, is credited to F2 in both cases.

Not common but a player can be declared out and restricted.  Rule 3.1.1. Illegal player enters game. (A substitute that has already entered and left the game reenters the game for example).  After being restricted, he reenters again, he is ejected.  Like I said not common but possible.  The out, if he is an offensive player, is credited to F2 in both cases.

825684961[/snapback]

Please remember not always are the best umpires at the State Tournament. You must attend (strongly suggested) State camp before you are considered. This keeps some of the best umpires at home. NEVER should have reversed this call, I agree NO GUTS. I am sure the CBHS coach would have backed the umpire for ejecting his pitcher for foul language ?? But it was and is the right thing to do, no matter what GAME it was and the umpire should have stuck to his call.

i was at the game and heard reports for a tssaa official that the ump had been fired. the homeplate ump is the one who overruled the call after having a discussion with the first base ump. that is the information that i have received'

825684352[/snapback]

That is what I heard too. Field umpire ejected the player and was overruled by the home plate umpire. TSSAA 'fired' the home plate umpire for the action. Wayne Hines is a fine umpire and is very experienced. If he tossed a kid, he needed to be tossed. How he could be overruled is beyond me.