Class AAA next year

timbdp

Soddy Daisy, Lincoln Co., Riverdale and Brentwood should be the top teams. But of course, you may some surprises like, Red Bank. I believe Beech is losing too much, but you never know.

It will be a interesting year, especially for the Soddy gal's!!

Good luck to all.

825685551[/snapback]

I think Beech lost 8 starters and their coach last season. They didn't drop off much if any. I would think they will definitely be a contender every year.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The key thing with Beech is that they lose Cassie, their ace and top hitter. Look at how many games she won for them coming through in a clutch with a key hit. She also was their leader. They didnt drop down much this year after losing 8 is because they still had her and they had several serious "A" ball travel ball players that were freshman last year that were able to jump in there and play this year. Even with strong players still in the line up , I really think they may be down. Brentwood on the other hand will only be stronger than last year. They lose a very good catcher which will hurt but if they work on that issue early they should be ok. Lincoln County will also be a top team along with Soddy,and  Riverdale. Lincoln county still has their pitcher as does Soddy with Waters and Fairbanks. Riverdale loses Falon but they still have Cat on the mound, almost all of their other starters and of course they still have that great coach.  Red bank should be Ok. Kelly Trogin, key pitcher,  is a freshman but if they lose a lot of their key defensive players they could struggle as she is not a strikeout pitcher (yet),( I do emphasize the word yet), their wins this year were mostly due to their stong defense and strengthened offense. I dont know what losing all those seniors will do to their lineup but they have a great coach. We will have to see. I am sure another team will suprise us. I think any team with a great coach and strong desire can do it next year

You can have ALL the talent in the world on a team but you MUST also have a GOOD coach. Without having a good coach the talent tends to go unnoticed. GREAT coaching leads to GREAT performances by a team. When a coach is there because he loves the game or needs the extra cash that is one thing but to ACTUALLY know the game of softball is totally different. Until that coach

realizes that his team though full of talent and potential needs guidance and a direction the team will NOT go far. The coach can be the nicest person in the world but he must also realize that his team needs the "know how" and the "structure" to have a prosperous season. GREAT talent without GREAT coaching leads a team to win against "average" teams but will buckle under while playing GOOD and GREAT teams. thumb

FINALLY a coach must not allow another player to decide who plays on a team or not. Can YOU say............LEADERSHIP?

Sure I know you can!!!

L E A D E R S H I P !!!!!

Edited by sftba11freak

The key thing with Beech is that they lose Cassie, their ace and top hitter. Look at how many games she won for them coming through in a clutch with a key hit. She also was their leader. They didnt drop down much this year after losing 8 is because they still had her and they had several serious "A" ball travel ball players that were freshman last year that were able to jump in there and play this year. Even with strong players still in the line up , I really think they may be down. Brentwood on the other hand will only be stronger than last year. They lose a very good catcher which will hurt but if they work on that issue early they should be ok. Lincoln County will also be a top team along with Soddy,and  Riverdale. Lincoln county still has their pitcher as does Soddy with Waters and Fairbanks. Riverdale loses Falon but they still have Cat on the mound, almost all of their other starters and of course they still have that great coach.  Red bank should be Ok. Kelly Trogin, key pitcher,  is a freshman but if they lose a lot of their key defensive players they could struggle as she is not a strikeout pitcher (yet),( I do emphasize the word yet), their wins this year were mostly due to their stong defense and strengthened offense. I dont know what losing all those seniors will do to their lineup but they have a great coach. We will have to see. I am sure another team will suprise us. I think any team with a great coach and strong desire can do it next year.

825685788[/snapback]

Good programs have a way of staying on top. I know Beech loses Stanfill. I have seen it time and time again. Beech will be a contender. Wait and see. Someone else will step up to replace Stanfill's leadership. Even with Stanfill...who would have thought they would contend this year? Not many.

Good programs have a way of staying on top.  I know Beech loses Stanfill.  I have seen it time and time again.  Beech will be a contender.  Wait and see.  Someone else will step up to replace Stanfill's leadership.  Even with Stanfill...who would have thought they would contend this year?  Not many.

825685842[/snapback]

Not slighting Beech in any way form or fashion. They are a great team and Cassie is in no doubt a stand up player both on the mound and in the batters box. She has great leadership and is wonderful at getting the job done. They also have a great coach. My prior comment was directed at another program AAA located in Wilson Co.

Congratulations Beech :(

Edited by sftba11freak

I think beech will definately not be as strong next year, UNLESS someone is able to come in a be a dominant pitcher like those beech has had in the past. For the past several years Beech has had a pitcher come in as a freshman and take over the number one spot their entire four years...it'll be interesting to see how the team will respond without kassie next season. but they've got a great coach and several strong players returning, so good luck girls!

Edited by gville121

what coach in Wilson County allows players to dictate who plays when and where? Just wondering.

And as far as leadership, the coach can motivate and instruct, but good teams always have players that lead by example and provide the rest of the team with positive leadership. It is almost impossible for coaches to select a team leader, true leaders always rise to the occassion. And Freak you are correct Leadership is a key ingredient for all teams to be successful, regardlesd of the strategy or philosphy of the coach. But this is just my opinion and thanks for your time.

Good programs have a way of staying on top.  I know Beech loses Stanfill.  I have seen it time and time again.  Beech will be a contender.  Wait and see.  Someone else will step up to replace Stanfill's leadership.  Even with Stanfill...who would have thought they would contend this year?  Not many.

825685842[/snapback]

I was a doubter. I predicted they wouldnt even make it out of regions, but i was proved otherwise.

You can have ALL the talent in the world on a team but you MUST also have a GOOD coach. Without having a good coach the talent tends to go unnoticed. GREAT coaching leads to GREAT performances by a team. When a coach is there because he loves the game or needs the extra cash that is one thing but to ACTUALLY know the game of softball is totally different. Until that coach

realizes that his team though full of talent and potential needs guidance and a direction the team will NOT go far. The coach can be the nicest person in the world but he must also realize that his team needs the "know how" and the "structure" to have a prosperous season. GREAT talent without GREAT coaching leads a team to win against "average" teams but will buckle under while playing GOOD and GREAT teams. thumb

FINALLY a coach must not allow another player to decide who plays on a team or not. Can YOU say............LEADERSHIP?

Sure I know you can!!!

L E A D E R S H I P !!!!!

825685820[/snapback]

HERE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

what coach in Wilson County allows players to dictate who plays when and where? Just wondering.

And as far as leadership, the coach can motivate and instruct, but good teams always have players that lead by example and provide the rest of the team with positive leadership. It is almost impossible for coaches to select a team leader, true leaders always rise to the occassion. And Freak you are correct Leadership is a key ingredient for all teams to be successful, regardlesd of the strategy or philosphy of the coach. But this is just my opinion and thanks for your time.

825685957[/snapback]

Believe me a coach exits like that!

Leadership begins and ends with the COACH. When players witness a coach running his own team in the ground what else can he expect from them???????? If a team has leadership and someone that KNOWS the game then there is absolutly NOTHING that should keep the player (players) from stepping up and being LEADERS. When you have NOTHING to begin with then it is awful hard to get it during the beginning, middle or end of a season. You have got to have leadership and guidance from your coaches or you have NOTHING at all but a team loaded with talent and NO WHERE to go.

Just one question Freak and Im out of this discussion.

How do you know so much about Wilson County softball if your daughter plays in West Tennessee ( information from previous post) and in the future before throwing verbal jabs make sure you can document your data because you indirectly named your so called negative coach in your last post. Your allegations are so far from the truth that I will not even respond anymore.

Have A Nice Day and Good luck in the future.

Just one question Freak and Im out of this discussion.

How do you know so much about Wilson County softball if your daughter plays in West Tennessee ( information from previous post) and in the future before throwing verbal jabs make sure you can document your data because you indirectly named your so called negative coach in your last post. Your allegations are so far from the truth that I will not even respond anymore.

Have A Nice Day and Good luck in the future.

825686079[/snapback]

To let you know first off YES originally from Middle Tenn then moved to West Tenn in 2003 and back to Wilson Co. in late 2004. Have a daughter that played softball in Wilson Co. then she played in the West (Lexington Lady Tigers). I have made several friends in the Wilson Co area as I did in Lexington and YES I keep close touch with those friends and THIER children. I have NEVER mentioned ANYONES name in a NEGATIVE manner nor do I intend on it. I NEVER mentioned ANYTHING about the team or Coach in question being anything other than in Wilson Co. I am aware that you have several schools located there. I too wish you Good Luck and to also have a Nice Day!

Edited by sftba11freak