Div 2 next year

timbdp

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not losing a lot in quantity, but certainly in quality. I would pick Baylor again despite the graduations.

825684346[/snapback]

Yes, two good players are graduating, however, 12 good players remain. The infield remains the same, and GPS has two players to step right into the two positions vacated in the outfield by seniors.

GPS will be the underdog, just like RedBank was this year.

Are you losing your pitcher?

825684680[/snapback]

No, only the two seniors. I have heard rumors about the pitcher leaving but she is not. From what I understand they only moved but will not leave GPS.

Everyone else stays and we get two talented freshmen as well. The 5 Eagles (pitcher, short stop, catcher, centerfield, 1st base) will play summer ball together just as in the past 3 years, all others are all on A ball teams as well, including 18u Raiders, 18u Falcons, 16 Xplosion and one in 14u.

by the way, the Eagles 16u won the Memorial Qualifier with those 5 GPS players returning from state at 4:30 am, along with Soddy's 3rd baseman returning at 4:30am as well. They hit the field in Chattanooga for 4 games on Saturday starting at 9am and finishing at 11pm and another 3 games on Sunday with only two hours or less of sleep before Saturday play. Only lost one game, the late one Saturday night. The girls were falling over their own feet but they came back and defeated the team that beat them Saturday night to win the title and berth to the ASA Nationals (had to beat them twice). The whole team worked hard and got the job done!

Edited by softballfan100

• 3 weeks later...
They don't give scholarships genius.

825692289[/snapback]

well, genius, what is the difference between D I and D II?

I guess your kid is one of the one's on a D II team that doesn't get money help.

The ONLY reason D II's are different is because they offer assistance and it does not affect eligibility. any private can give assistance, but then they can't play sports.