AA All State Team

bobcats56

Who do you feel is deserving from your area. I would have to go with Greenbrier's first baseman Zach Kemp, Vol State signee, he carried the Bobcats offensively all season and had the biggest hits when it mattered most against Livingston Acad. and especially Walker Valley.

Other guys from district 8AA I would definately put on the team would be Lipscomb's Jason Brock and Taylor Merry and Macon Co.'s Hayden Shrum, everybody would know about him if Greenbrier and Lipscomb hadn't been so good the last few years.

Edited by bobcats56

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to start your list with young men in AA that have signed with 4-year schools, first.  Then go to the ones signing with Junior Colleges.  The college scouts pretty much decide your All State teams.

825684442[/snapback]

Catsbackr, I thought you retired when Hixon lost in the sub-state! Your best players are not always signed seniors. Lots of great talent in shopomores and juniors.

Another great unsung hero for the list is Lipscomb's junior catcher Blake Neelley and 2B Jason Hull.

highcheese Posted Today, 03:27 PM

Catsbackr, I thought you retired when Hixon lost in the sub-state! Your best players are not always signed seniors. Lots of great talent in shopomores and juniors.

Another great unsung hero for the list is Lipscomb's junior catcher Blake Neelley and 2B Jason Hull.

No, I didn't retire and please learn to spell HIXSON correctly.

If you'll read my post, I said you might want to START your list......

I didn't say there weren't any deserving juniors, sophomores, I don't think so.

You might want to start your list with young men in AA that have signed with 4-year schools, first.  Then go to the ones signing with Junior Colleges.  The college scouts pretty much decide your All State teams.

825684442[/snapback]

Just cause you dont sign with a 4 year school right out of high school doesn't mean you are any worse than a player that signs with a 4 year school. Have you ever played against JUCO teams. They are loaded with talent. the players that sign with JUCO's do so, so they can go to an even higher level than what they would when they come straight out of high school. I remember playing Wabash Valley my freshman year of college and it was like playing a division I team out there, they hit 10 homeruns in 12 innings it was unbelievable.

Just cause you dont sign with a 4 year school right out of high school doesn't mean you are any worse than a player that signs with a 4 year school. Have you ever played against JUCO teams. They are loaded with talent. the players that sign with JUCO's do so, so they can go to an even higher level than what they would when they come straight out of high school. I remember playing Wabash Valley my freshman year of college and it was like playing a division I team out there, they hit 10 homeruns in 12 innings it was unbelievable.

825685070[/snapback]

And what does college have to do with high school all state anyway. There are a couple of greenbrier players this year who should get all state . and only 2 are going to play college baseball zack kemp and justin dorris. d pryne could be all state and he is not playing baseball in college he is playing football. preston Hahn did a good job also, cory staton did great also. but my vote would be for zack kemp.

Gerry Bertier Posted Today, 02:22 PM

I respectfully disagree with you regarding the above.

JUCO players are good, I agree. However, the next level that they aspire to is the level the players signing with the 4-year schools have already attained.

A 4 year commitment to either a State school or a private school is considerably more impressive, IMHO, than signing with a local or regional Junior College.

I respectfully disagree with you regarding the above.

JUCO players are good, I agree.  However, the next level that they aspire to is the level the players signing with the 4-year schools have already attained.

A 4 year commitment to either a State school or a private school is considerably more impressive, IMHO, than signing with a local or regional Junior College.

825685130[/snapback]

Not true! A high school player can sign with a JUCO and go pro after one year or two years. A kid that signs with a 4 year school has to wait until after his junior year (3 years) to go pro. Alot of talented kids go the JUCO route if they aren't quite ready to go pro. They can get their education paid for by the pros after they're in the minor leagues. The Bratton kid from Columbia went to Motlow State last year and had offers from several 4 year schools I'm told. I went to UT with a guy that played 2 years of JUCO, got drafted and finished up his education at UT while he was playing in the minors.

It depends on whether the next level the player is trying to attain is pro ball or getting a degree. I might agree that the degree is the best path to take, but kids that go JUCO aren't always lesser players than the ones signing on at 4 year schools. Additionally, JUCO's are more likely to give full rides. I know UT has about 13 1/2 scholarships available for their 40 man roster or something like that. Many of those guys are not getting full rides these days. You can thank Title IX for that. :D

There are really only 3 reasons to go Juco.

1. You are a great talent and could not come to terms with the team that drafted you. Go the juco route and you can be drafted again after 2 seasons.

2. You have poor grades and cannot get into the D1, D2, or D3 school of your choice.

3. The player is a late bloomer (physical) and needs some time for their body and athletic ability to catch up to everyone else.