district 7-aaa: offseason/next year

MidTennFootball

Guest didyouseethatmessDANG

I totally agree with you Oaklandgrad .. 7-AAA will be a very strong district next year

Riverdale: Most believe this team will come out on top again this year. They dominated the regular season and took it with them to the tournament. They loose Underland, Gill, and Jones but they will still be very talented.

Oakland: Oakland has always been a team that can swing the bat well. They lose McCleary, Howard, Farmer, but they have some great underclassmen that will perform well for the Pats.

Blackman: Don't know much about them other than that they have a lot of heart and play hard. Most teams took them for granted last season and Blackman put it to em.

Siegel: Had a very rough first 3/4's of the season. Starting shortstop broke his wrist in preseason which took him out until the last week of regular season play. Made a great run at the end of the year splitting with Oakland and Cookeville and defeating Cookeville and Warren Co twice in the district tournament to get a region berth. They loose Carlton, Dalton, and Kennett, but this team will win games next year with their pitching and defense.

As for non-murfreesboro teams, I dont know much about them but Cookeville graduated many seniors last year but I dont know how good they will be this year. Warren Co. has arguably the best pitcher in the district, Killian. White Co. I know nothing about. And Lebanon I dont know much about either .. dont think they graduated many last year.

The End.

Edited by didyouseethatmessDANG

Siegel, Oakland, and Riverdale all have a chance at winning the district next year. Warren Co. and Lebanon should be pretty strong next year. Warren Co. returning great starting pitching in Killian and Rogers. Lebanon was young last year and can only get better. I dont know much about Cookeville or White co. I do believe Cookeville lost a lot of players but i might be mistaken.

With that said I think the district will end up like this...

1) Riverdale... lot of bats returning and Choate as their number 1 ... only question is can they find a number 2 starter to step up.

2) Siegel... they made an amazing run last year.. with Roberts being their number one and Faust probably their number 2 they will have two very tough leftys on the mound every district game... they'll have to swing the bats and make the plays in the field but if they do that... watch out.

3) Oakland... they might have the best lineup in the district even though they are young. They have Barnes to be their number 1 next year and he will be very tough. But they will have to find a number 2. Oakland, Riverdale, and Siegel could be switched up in the top 3.

4) Warren Co... Killian without a doubt it the most dominant pitcher in the district will be back for his senior year... and Rogers who proved hes not to be overlooked, so they will have the pitching... the question is can they step it up in the batters box and on the field.

5) Blackman... they will come out ready to play... Treadway knows how to coach and he will coach them to some wins.

6) Cookeville... I dont really know much about them but they have so many players in their system im sure they will step up and be ready to play.

7) Lebanon... very young team last year... but played well for their age... but seems like they always have a tough year.

8) White Co.... well what can I say... its White Co.

Guest didyouseethatmessDANG

Somone needs to win the regular season so they don't have to worry about performing in the tournament. As Siegel showed, it doesn't matter what seed you are in this district because anybody can beat anybody.

Cookeville should do ok next year. Crossman will prolly move behin the plate, and should do a great job. ths is a kid who could play d1 ball after high school. They are losing a valuable piece of the infield at 2B in Froning, but either cox or adams should step in there. Reeder will still be at third this year. i hear he is a pretty good catcher and might make the move behind the plate when Crossman graduates. i cant wait til next season!