Elizabethton Coaches

CountryBoy4Life

Let us remember Elizabethton High School, along with all the other city schools, has security blocks that will not let you go into those “bad” sites. This could possibly be a situation that has been blown entirely out of proportion. Also, if there were those who are guilty, let the school care of it. If there have been coaching changes, I don’t believe we should assume it was for some inappropriate action. Coaching changes at schools are made every year. This is not something to speculate about. Words and innuendos can hurt a person’s reputation. Speculation of this type is useless and only spreads a flame of rumors.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alwaysafan,

Great Post!

GLee and I often have light-spirited disagreements. He's a great guy who LOVES his Cyclones! He also makes me a better writer by pointing out the least of my discrepencies.

For what it's worth, I attended high school with the basketball coach. He is a Very Decent man, and one who will land on his feet wherever he teaches, coaches or whatever. I consider him a friend.

I DO consider this "turmoil," or I wouldn't have stated so. The fact that people have lost their jobs is very serious. If there was, in fact, a "behavioral" cause for any of the dismissals, I wouldn't know, because, again, I haven't contacted the school, nor do I plan to.

My only concern is with reporting "local" area events, as they relate to Sports in Carter, Unicoi and Johnson Counties. This certainly falls within those boundries.

I think what ever has happened, has happened to some individuals who happen to be coaches. What ever happened did not happen to the sports department. The Cyclone sports department is in good hands. That is my opionion. I don't see that the department is in ?turmoil", but possibly some individuals may have compromised their job in some way. Nor do I feel there is a "clamity" in the sports department, but rather personal problems or something with some of the school staff. I guess I see it more as a personal deal rather than a sports based problem. I can also see that it makes good headlines for your sports based 'SportsEdit.com'. Of course, I'm wrong all of the time.

Well krip and Glee we know what all the turmoil at ehs IS ABOUT. As always it goes back to POLITICS. Dr. Roper has evidently relieved Mr. Alexander of his job. To move Randy Lacy in as Prin. This is all motivated from roper, sams and crew. Elizabethton made a huge mistake in bringing Roper here at what they are paying him. Made a bigger mistake re-electing Sams the man is like a cancer. He has created so much turmoil in the city schools.

This is a sad situation. I had a feeling this was all about the problems between roper and alexander. This town will never have anything because of people like these. They only serve there self and there buddies and yes men. They are not interested in our kids.

THIS IS BUSINESS AS USUAL IN BETSY.

Dream, I wouldnt rush to a conclusion without having the facts. I suspect that when the truth is known, if it ever is, the public will understand why these moves had to be made. Dr Roper is a professional administrator who came into the job without knowing anyone. Perhaps you have it backwards. It appears that the good ole boy network is on the way out and each educator/administrator/coach etc will have to stand on their own merit, which is how it should be.

Dream, I wouldnt rush to a conclusion without having  the facts.  I suspect that when the truth is known, if it ever is, the public will understand why these moves had to be made.  Dr Roper is a professional administrator who came into the job without knowing anyone.  Perhaps you have it backwards.  It appears that the good ole boy network is on the way out and each educator/administrator/coach etc will have  to stand on their own merit, which is how it should be.

825686328[/snapback]

I do agree that each should stand on their own merit. I also agree that bringing Roper in here was a mistake. Don't know him or anything about how he is handling his job, but I do know that this school system does not have the resources to pay a man what a DB or SH super makes. I understand he has a three year contract and after that he needs to get his pay in order for a school our size or walk. Of course, all of this is if he is doing a satisfactory job. That I don't know. I do know that I never had a problem with Alexander, but that others have. Don't know much about that either. Only guessing at the facts of this situation concerning teachers who are coaches, but I believe there needed to be some coaching changes, trouble or not. Still, I hate to see it come in this fashion.

OK, so let's take "turmoil" out of the equation. Let's remove "calamity" as well. I'm simply too confused to know what's up or down in this matter.

And, GLee, as usual, you are absolutely right in appraising this as a "personal" thing ....for now. Some people ....who happen to be coaches, have been terminated, or at least that's the way I understand it. So once again, I stand corrected.

I don't know Mr. Roper. I have only met Mr. Alexander once at a ballgame, and he was remarkably nice to me. I have several relatives who have attended EHS while Mr. Alexander was there. I have three nephews who think very highly of him.

As to the Sports Edit thing - - - Quite honestly, I haven't had time since mid-May to do much of anything on the website; for that I'm sorry. I will be attempting to hire a guy named "Gary" to do some writing beginning this fall - - - Of the Editorial/Commentary nature. This will really be fun. So there.

....and Dream2Achieve, I really like the "rip" you added to my name. I have been called much worse. I know absolutely NOTHING about the Politics at EHS, nor do I care to. I simply want to write an occasional sports story and help take care of the cattle.

Other than that, I want to do a a better job of putting a positive spin on local sports. Lord knows I've failed miserably this time.

....and 17, just noticed your post. You might be hearing from the City School System soon. Something about a coaching job. Good Luck. thumb

Edited by krichunaka

I do not know the whats or whys of Alexander's reassignment. From news reports, he was not told either. He does deserve an explanation. Roper had to know that he must be prepared to defend his decision publicly. He seems to be a guy who makes measured decisions. The last supt fought this battle and lost. Who will win this round?