Who's the best player to come out of your school?

bhsOL

In resonse to Tant, I personally saw a lineman who was a '98 Milan Grad. and when Milan beat Harpeth en route to their state title, that milan lineman (who nobody really knew about)pushed tant around all night until tant when to the referee saying, "he's holding me!"  When the ref went on to say, "shut up boy, you're getting whipped, he ain't holding you."

Best players from Milan would definitely have to be:

Jeff Smith (UT)

Earnest Fields (UT)

John Fisher (UT)

George Kidd (UT)

-- And I really think Rod Smith will start to make an impact this year on a talented Memphis Tiger team.

825697054[/snapback]

Wrong Tant. Jason was the lineman........Matt the running back.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: I can't believe not one of my Columbia Central brethren have posted..........

1. Manuel Young and John Pointer- Vanderbilt

2. Ronnie Pillow and Hal Wantland- Tennessee

3. Fred Sparkman- North Carolina and ??

4. Tremayne Coger- Alabama

Several got scholarships at smaller colleges, but I don't think any have played pro football.

Some more alums of note: Everitt Derryberry played on General Neyland's first UT team in 1926 and was a Rhodes Scholar. (it's in the UT media guide but my grandfather played with Mr. Derryberry at Central)

I always heard a story about Regen Peebles getting a scholarship to play for Bear Bryant at Alabama. I don't think he ever played there though.

The thread is titled "best player to come out of your high school", NOT the best player while still in high school thumb  Read the title of your threads before you post genius.  That means players from a high school that succeed on the next level.  Exactly what in the world has Ligon done since he graduated, or did he even graduate????  The highlight of his post high school career was getting close and personal with his cell mate "Bubba" :lol:  B)

You my friend are the one who needs to check his smarts because apparently you can't even read!!!

825720071[/snapback]

JOEY, U MY FRIEND HAVE NO SENSE. ITS EASY TO BE GOOD WHEN U DON'T PLAY ANYBODY. TANT PLAYED THE WORSE COMPETITON EVER. HUNTINGTON KILLED HIM IN THE PLAYOFFS. HE WAS SOFT AS A PILLOW. LIGON WAS AN IDIOT, BUT WENT TO PLAY AT ARK. STATE. NOBODY FROM HARPETH WILL EVER BE THE BEST TO COME FROM CHEATHAM. THEY'RE AS SOFT AS YOU WERE IN HIGH SCHOOL.

A player forgotten out of Mt. Juliet is Tim Bryant, Class of 1980.  Highly recruited by SEC schools, esp. UT, but ended up at Vanderbilt.  Started at LB as a true freshman, but a shoulder injury (if I recall) his sophmore year ended his college career.  A headhunter on the field, could hit like no other.

825720151[/snapback]

Tim actually left Vanderbilt after two seasons and played at Southern Miss the last two. He later played for the Vikings and in Canada. Last I saw of him he was working at a troubled youth camp. Tim, Ruby, and Tom Marshall back in the 50's are the best out of Mount Juliet. The kid that said Levi Brown just doesn't know any history. :rolleyes: He needs to go ask Coach Simms who he thinks were the best. thumb

Guest catfish-hunter
JOEY, U MY FRIEND HAVE NO SENSE. ITS EASY TO BE GOOD WHEN U DON'T PLAY ANYBODY. TANT PLAYED THE WORSE COMPETITON EVER. HUNTINGTON KILLED HIM IN THE PLAYOFFS. HE WAS SOFT AS A PILLOW. LIGON WAS AN IDIOT, BUT WENT TO PLAY AT ARK. STATE. NOBODY FROM HARPETH WILL EVER BE THE BEST TO COME FROM CHEATHAM. THEY'RE AS SOFT AS YOU WERE IN HIGH SCHOOL.

825721396[/snapback]

Yes I was a pretty soft football player in high school but please don't let the CoachT public know that. I'm just glad to see that the TSWA thought I was pretty good because unlike you my friend I was an all-state football player in high school. My team overall was also without question better than any team you ever played on little man. Anybody who knows anything about football in Cheatham Co. would tell you the same thing buddy. On a bad night we beat the Cubs from when you played by 2TD's.

Also, don't hate on the Harpeth teams from the late-90's. It's not their fault that they were winning region titles year after year. They can't select what classification the TSSAA puts 'em in. Huntingdon did beat them everytime they met up in the postseason but I think that Huntingdon would have beaten you guys as well as anyone yall were playing at the time, with the possible exception of PC. Huntingdon is just as athletic as any metro school yall played but unlike the Whites Creek's, Maplewood's, and Stratford's of the world Huntingdon is a well coached football team that is ALWAYS GOOD!!!!

By the way, Harpeth ('99) and Sycamore ('01) were better than any team you ever played for while in high school my friend :):angry::D

You guys might have competed with Cheatham Co. ('04), Sycamore ('03), Harpeth ('01,'00,'98,'97) but I kinda doubt it.

Edited by catfish-hunter

Guest catfish-hunter

Anybody who thinks Ligon is the best thing to come out of Cheatham Co. high has no sense. He could never have played in the SEC like Tant did because he was a PUNK!!! In fact he could not have played in the OVC because he was a PUNK!!! For you to say that Ligon accomplished more than Jackson did coming out of Cheatham Co. high is simply retarded thumb

I guess that since your rule applies at Cheatham Co. then it applies at Sycamore as well. Since Tommy Clements was the best all around football player at Sycamore from ('98-'01) than that automatically makes him the best player from the school over a guy by the name of Wes Proctor who played there during that same span. After all, Proctor is only an all-American heading into this next football season :lol:

Edited by catfish-hunter