College coach response?

Thirdsacker

I've understood that all college coaches, or athletic departments WILL respond, either by letter or phone call to inquiry letters by athletes interested in playing baseball for their program. I'm trying to gain infomation concerning contacts made, vs non-response issues. (Thanks in advance for any help.)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've understood that all college coaches, or athletic departments WILL respond, either by letter or phone call to inquiry letters by athletes interested in playing baseball for their program. I'm trying to gain infomation concerning contacts made, vs non-response issues. (Thanks in advance for any help.)

825686251[/snapback]

Not ALL reply, but most of the college coaches I know (and that's quite a few) will evaluate pretty much anybody they find out about.

You will get a better response with a written (typed) letter. If you start the letter out "Dear Coach", it will probably find the trash. Have all your information together regarding the school you are sending the letter to. Such as, coaches name, school address, team name (mascot), etc.

Some coaches will reply with a letter and probably information on a camp they will be hosting. Others will just send the camp info., and some pass the info. along to the admissions office to reply.

I would say that approx. 95% will reply, in some fashion, to a personally typed letter. You'll get approx. 50% response from an email and even less from a form letter.

Not ALL coaches respond. The majority will at least give you a courtesy call, but sometimes things happen, it gets busy, or they just don't do their job. A lot of the coaches that I know are more than willing to call interested players, invite them up for a showcase, walk them around campus and all.

• 2 weeks later...

Often times emails may be looked over as junk mail, and sometimes some schools may have server problems or even shutdowns of email accounts after school is out. Most coaches will respond, but not always. Alot of coaches take a few weeks off from recruiting and other baseball related activities to spend time with family (vacations, etc.) But more than likely if you contact a coach you will get a reply at some point or another.