Tennessee-Georgia All-Star Classic

soccerboy

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do they pick the squads for those teams

825686694[/snapback]

Not sure but last year it was almost entirely players from the Chattanooga area v. North Georgia. I think one of the Prebul car dealerships sponsors the event and it isn't a true "All-Star" match as far as I can tell. It is more of a regional "border" competition.

Hoya75 is pretty much correct, although in basketball this year they are supposedly having a player from Knox Catholic and one from Knox Webb since they played in Notre Dame's region.

The Web site behind the games is www.stumponsports.com. Stump has a show on public access cable in the Chattanooga and North Georgia areas, hence the focus on those areas for the all-star games.

I haven't seen the rosters for the soccer game this year, Stump theoretically could announce them on his show tonight, which runs from 11 p.m. to 1 a.m. I believe the soccer game is June 16 at Ridgeland High School (in Georgia). I think the Times Free Press sportswriter who covers soccer (Jamie Lackey) has a large role in picking the Tennessee team, not sure who helps select the Georgia team.

Edited by SoccerFan08923

Bobby Earls of McMinn County is coaching the Tennessee team, but I haven't seen a roster yet.

Andy Arnold of LaFayette is Georgia's coach. Their roster is still being finalized, I think. Hopefully Stump's Web site will have some info soon. Chattanoogan.com also might have some info. They do a good job of keeping up with stuff like that. Not sure if the Times Free Press will have anything on the rosters.

2005 Tennessee All-Stars

GK/18 Robby Miller Notre Dame

GK/22 Carlos Sanchez Grace Academy

2 Jake Heath McMinn Central

3 Jon Moss Grace Academy

4 Storm Clifton Red Bank

5 David Rowland Grace Academy

6 Nathan Hertzog McCallie

7 Jared Price McMinn Co.

8 Jeff Kedrowski Baylor

9 Jody Johnson Soddy Daisey

10 Zack Dolberry Soddy Daisey