Who is the best lineback in Knoxville area?

SS55

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Owls linebacker corps is pretty good. They are very tough and fast. They are not the biggest or very hard hitters. But they get to the ball very well. They have a great sense of the game. The read the ball really well. But neither of them had 151 tackles. Reveiz might be a little shorter, but North Carolina already offered him a full ride as well as Vandy. So his size is I assume not being a real issue.

Just  because a guy has a lot of tackles, doesn't mean he's the best, Maryvilles defense is a team not based around 1 man, which what seems like Farragut has...you get more people to the ball instead of just one, more assist. I guess that's why Maryville goes to state all the time.

825686960[/snapback]

You hit it right on the money i mean as far as tackles go like in the SEC a couple of years a go a guy from Vanderbuilt blew everyone away in tackles in the SEC. But he was just an average LB. And in Maryville we had alot of good defensive players last year but i think at the end of the season the coach said no one had like above 6 tackles or so. Not taking anything away from Reveiz but this is true.

I see a lot of people quoting takle count, but don't get caught up with that. Different coach/coaching staffs count tackles differently. Linebacker coaches are notorious for inflating tackle counts.

I saw the Raviez kid play twice against Oak Ridge last year and wasn't very impressed. I remember him quoting in the paper how they had the better team the first game and how they should have one. I don't think he had much to say after the playoff game.

Two of the best linebackers in this area are PJ Moore and Arsenio Moulden, both of Austin-East. Both are about 6'1" in the 190-200 lb. range. They were overlooked the past two seasons because they played with the best linebacker in the state, Anthony McAlister. Look for these two to establish themselves very early and they are the key to AE's defense this season. They have the toughness, strength, and size to play inside. They also have the speed and agility to pass rush from the outside and cover the pass in zone or man. You will not find two more complete linebackers in this area.