Will Morris go to Motlow?

Guest didyouseethatmessDANG

Will Morris hold true to his word and go play for his dad at Motlow for a year since he was not selected first round? Thoughts?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will Morris hold true to his word and go play for his dad at Motlow for a year since he was not selected first round? Thoughts?

825687744[/snapback]

I think it would be very unwise on Morris' part to not at least listen to what some of these teams are offering. You can still get a pretty hefty signing bomus if you get drafted in rounds 1-5

After taxes, signing bonuses after the first round hardly reach 1 million which is what Moriss wanted I think. Personally, I'd like to see him dominate at Motlow and make his name even more well known. But whatever happens, best of luck to him. thumb

I think it would be very unwise on Morris' part to not at least listen to what some of these teams are offering. You can still get a pretty hefty signing bomus if you get drafted in rounds 1-5

825687747[/snapback]

Depends on what "hefty" is to you. After round 2, the money is slim.

also, in the article, it noted how the Marlins were showing interest or something along those lines...

all four first picks of the Marlins were pitchers .. 3 of those 4 were HS pitchers.

Morris is picked up by Tampa Bay number 88. He shold sign to the Devil Rays because Morris will def. have a chance to be in the majors within 2-3 years if he works hard. This is a great place for him to sign. Motlow won't increase his chances to get drafted higher in drafts later on. Mechanics was the key concern by Pittsburgh's scout when I talked to him on Saturday.

Edited by tdluna