Spring Fling to Murfreesboro

mtnman

Who has the facilties that would match Mike Rose in Memphis or some of the top schools in Chattanooga? (including finley with the new state of the art turf)

This to me is as crazy as moving it to one side of the state.

It seems that three years ago they listened to all the people in Memphis complain about the travel and now they went the other direction and said who cares about facilities, lets put it in the middle of the state so that it is centrally located.

Basketball, football and now spring fling all in Murfreesboro.

Bottom line question is- where will they play the 21 games in four days?

Edited by mtnman

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who has the facilties that would match Mike Rose in Memphis or some of the top schools in Chattanooga?  (including finley with the new state of the art turf)

This to me is as crazy as moving it to one side of the state.

It seems that three years ago they listened to all the people in Memphis complain about the travel and now they went the other direction and said who cares about facilities, lets put it in the middle  of the state so that it is centrally located. 

Basketball, football and now spring fling all in Murfreesboro.

Bottom line question is- where will they play the 21 games in four days?

825688180[/snapback]

The City of Murfreesboro is currently working on on a soccer complex that could more than accomodate the tssaa's needs for soccer. Now whether it will be ready in time for next year's spring fling, thats a good question, I would like to think that it would be ready but i think that the surrounding high school could be enough for the tssaa intially

Being new they should be nice. I doubt they will have a stadium field that will seat alot of people.

I think soccer will be hurt the most with the move as far as facilities. This is not a weekend tournament it is a state championship.

Are the local high school fields regulation size?

From what I've heard, the tournament will not only be in Murfreesboro but also at surrounding areas..high schools(??not sure??) and somewhat local complexes will field all of the teams..if they have everything organized like they should...there will be enough quality fields to play on! besides...at Mike Rose in Memphis the fields aren't amazing(personally played state tourny games in club for 3 years) aside from the field the Championships are played on(which happens to be the University of Memphis' home game field)! So i'm sure they can find a proper place to play the Championships in the Mid-state! Granted, the Stadium in Mike Rose is a very nice facility, the only other advantage to Mike Rose is it's convenience, being all the games are in one place!

the murfreesboro soccer feilds are suppose to be finished by this upcoming fall so they will be done in time. right now blackman and oakland both have regulationg size feilds and from what i hear siegel will next year also and riverdale if they use thire football feild. so i think the move would be fine for soccer there should be no problem at all playing these games. but i would doubt the use of high school feilds will be used inless they want a stadium for the championship cause i dont think there is a plan for a stadium at the new soccer complex also mtsu has a very nice feild.

"Regulation fields" describes a pretty wide range of dimensions in soccer. Will any of the available fields be in the 75-80 wide x 110-120 long dimensions that are used at Mike Rose? Football fields can usually go 110 long pretty easily, but most are difficult to stretch beyond 62 or 63 yards wide.

I also hope the games can be played at one location. That's a good bit of the benefit of having the soccer event in Memphis, although I definitely think Middle Tn. is a better solution if good fields are available.

I would hate to watch (or play) in a state championship soccer game on a soccer complex field with no stands, just people standing around or sitting in their own chairs. The championship need to be played in a stadium. High schools would be fine as long as they are in good condition and have diminsions listed by hoya.

Well, while the Memphis final field was immaculate, the other fields left a lot to be desired. It also seemed as if Memphis started off with fireworks and ceremonies the first year, and then totally fizzled the last year. So, I am kind of glad that it is moving to another location.

I have never been to Murph. so I can't say that I know anything about it. I do know they are working on a complex, but that doesn't mean a whole lot... Knoxville has a really nice complex (Cellular) that is WAY too small for anything but younger age tourneys.

I like the fact that it is closer, since we can get more fans, but far enough away that it feels like you are going somewhere.

It is about time that they moved the Spring Fling. Memphis did have good fields, but it was way to far for teams in knoxville and in the Tri cities. Murf. sounds like a great place to have it. I Don't know much about where they would have it. But i have heard that they are building a new complex as stated above.

Actually, the complex in Murfreesboro will be an 8 field complex, plus a stadium field (total of 9 fields). Basically a "mini Mike Rose." But, only six fields were used at Mike Rose, so it doesn't matter that it had 16 fields. The 8 in M'Boro will be more than needed, and yes a stadium field will be there.

the murfreesboro soccer feilds are suppose to be finished by this upcoming fall so they will be done in time. right now blackman and oakland both have regulationg size feilds and from what i hear siegel will next year also and riverdale if they use thire football feild. so i think the move would be fine for soccer there should be no problem at all playing these games. but i would doubt the use of high school feilds will be used inless they want a stadium for the championship cause i dont think there is a plan for a stadium at the new soccer complex also mtsu has a very nice feild.

825688263[/snapback]