Coaching Changes

CREE

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know for a fact that the Smyrna coach has left both girls and boys programs. The assistant coach from Coffee County has taken the girls and the boys is not yet determined. Finally a good change for Smyrna, hopefully the can do better now that they have a good coach.

Pete was a good coach and knew his soccer, thats not the problem. He didnt know how to control himself mentally and didnt treat people with respect unless he needed something. Only the people that were close to him could see this. This is probably why 95% of his players didnt like him, becuase they were treated like trash, especially if you didnt have any soccer skills. The players that were good were treated like gold. Smyrna might not be as good in the near future, but their attitude should change substantially for the better due to the fact that they wont always have the negative attitude coming from their coach.

Lets all put the Pete Dakis era behind us and move on to the present.

Good Luck Smyrna with whomever your coach may be!

Pete was a good coach and knew his soccer, thats not the problem.  He didnt know how to control himself mentally and didnt treat people with respect unless he needed something.  Only the people that were close to him could see this.  This is probably why 95% of his players didnt like him, becuase they were treated like trash, especially if you didnt have any soccer skills.  The players that were good were treated like gold.  Smyrna might not be as good in the near future, but their attitude should change substantially for the better due to the fact that they wont always have the negative attitude coming from their coach.

Lets all put the Pete Dakis era behind us and move on to the present.

Good Luck Smyrna with whomever your coach may be!

825688440[/snapback]

Jay it sounds like you are still bitter that he FIRED you. You should be the next coach maybe. You are better than him aren't you? Does not matter though, i still think that he is not a good coach no matter how he treated his players although I can recall that one of your drinking friends lets call him DD for privacy reasons was a great player but was yelled at all the time because his bad language and several yellow cards couple years back. That does blow your theory out of the water, I don't think he was playing favorites because he can not tell talent from a brick wall if he had to. Anyway, I heard he is not coaching anymore timbdp and that he still lives in murfreesboro last time I checked. And Jay don't be such of spoiled brat, remember you made it to WKU but Daddy could not buy you playing time there so you were crying about your Coach there too. Ask your daddy to buy you SHS so you can coach there too.

Jay it sounds like you are still bitter that he FIRED you. You should be the next coach maybe. You are better than him aren't you? Does not matter though, i still think that he is not a good coach no matter how he treated his players although I can recall that one of your drinking friends lets call him DD for privacy reasons was a great player but was yelled at all the time because his bad language and several yellow cards couple years back. That does blow your theory out of the water, I don't think he was playing favorites because he can not tell talent from a brick wall if he had to. Anyway, I heard he is not coaching anymore timbdp and that he still lives in murfreesboro last time I checked. And Jay don't be such of spoiled brat, remember you made it to WKU but Daddy could not buy you playing time there so you were crying about your Coach there too. Ask your daddy to buy you SHS so you can coach there too.

825688790[/snapback]

First of all, Jay never really held an official coaching job; therefore, couldn't be fired. Second, Dakis wouldn't have fired him becuase they got along fine as friends. Since it seems that you played for Smyrna while Jay was coaching there, I can't see why you have such a vendetta against him. Why involve Jay's career with Dakis' coaching? As for DD, drinking buddies? Do you have any idea what your talking about? Also, they did get along fine-on and off the field. I can attest to this personally. To the point of Dakis' coaching, I'm not saying he was the best coach. He made his fair share of mistakes; Dakis leaving will have positive aspects as well as setbacks I'm sure. Hopefully Smyrna's soccer program will progress and become a success.