Who was the most OVERRATED team this year?

mcfan10

No....I always leave a 1-0 game feeling like that was a great game. Someone has to win and someone has to loss sooner or later.  A 5-1 game makes me feel like wow they had our number or they were that much better then us that we couldnt hang with them.  I cant even imagine feeling that a 5-1 loss is better than a 1-0 loss.

825692200[/snapback]

I don't play softball but my girlfriend does and I don't know it seems like she was madder(I don't think that's a word,but I'll make it one)when they lost to ya'll in the District Tournament 1-0, then when they lost to ya'll at Bledsoe 7-0..........Sorry I just thought that might be how somebody else felt........

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think bledsoethegirls beat them did they. o that was just a game at soddy lake that didnt mean much.

825692730[/snapback]

Why do you keep bringing that up time and time again.......I've told once and I'll tell you for the 500th time that doesn't matter to me and I don't care that we lost to Ootlewah......I'm just glad that our team can play as a team and not have to many "EGOS" like Ootlewah has.....At least our parents don't fight over stupid crap.....Everybody was saying "Oh Ootlewah gonna do this and gonna do that" and Ootlewah didn't do crap........... :P:P

I know but just to think that you worked so hard to keep the game close and then an error decides the game.....Would that not make you feel  worse than losing 5-1?

825690415[/snapback]

Are you nuts? Or just not like to compete? No good athlete is going to tell you they would rather lose 5-1 than 1-0... at least if you lose 1-0 you know that your defense or pitcher only made one bg mistake instead of enough to let them score 5 runs. If you are playing a team that is not as good as your team would you rather lose 5-1? that would make you look real bad, trust me, i have been there. Losing close games is part of the game, and thats how fastpitch is supposed to be played. That's the game.

Edited by EzellSoftball04

Are you nuts? Or just not like to compete? No good athlete is going to tell you they would rather lose 5-1 than 1-0... at least if you lose 1-0 you know that your defense or pitcher only made one bg mistake instead of enough to let them score 5 runs. If you are playing a team that is not as good as your team would you rather lose 5-1? that would make you look real bad, trust me, i have been there. Losing close games is part of the game, and thats how fastpitch is supposed to be played. That's the game.

825693058[/snapback]

Oh Trust me they like to compete, but it seems like if we lost 7-0 or 10-1 or something like that our girls didn't get as mad as if they would have lost 1-0........

Why do you keep bringing that up time and time again.......I've told once and I'll tell you for the 500th time that doesn't matter to me and I don't care that we lost to Ootlewah......I'm just glad that our team can play as a team and not have to many "EGOS" like Ootlewah has.....At least our parents don't fight over stupid crap.....Everybody was saying "Oh Ootlewah gonna do this and gonna do that" and Ootlewah didn't do crap........... :)  :)

825692859[/snapback]

i think i brought it up 2 times and both times you had made a negative comment about the team so as soon as you stop i will stop.i dont no anything about parents being negative other than what i read on here because you sure did not see it at the games.as far as egos go say what you want but every team has egos wheather its parents or kids egos are part of the game.ooltewah should have had a good season but there was to much underminig going on at every level and it finally caught up to the kids and they laid down and a certain few could not carry the load by them selves.maybe next season if all comes back this team can play as a team and will be better. ( yea right now im living in a pipe dream.)

i think i brought it up 2 times and both times you had made a negative comment about the team so as soon as you stop i will stop.i dont no anything about parents being negative other than what i read on here because you sure did not see it at the games.as far as egos go say what you want but every team has egos wheather its parents or kids egos are part of the game.ooltewah should have had a good season but there was to much underminig going on at every level and it finally caught up to the kids and they laid down and a certain few could not carry the load by them selves.maybe next season if all comes back this team can play as a team and will be better. ( yea right now im living in a pipe dream.)

825693068[/snapback]

All I said was that I thought Ootlewah was OVERRATED, and the only reason I said that is because people on here from Ootlewah were making your team up to be big and bad......I mean yea you beat u, whoop-d-do, who cares its pretty sad when you get on here and brag about beating us and you couldn't beat Hixson and I'm not sure you done against East Ridge but I thought you lost to them both times(Once again I'm not sure if thats true or not) ......We lost to them 1-0...Ootlewah lost like 5-1 and if I'm not mistaken thats when Ootlewah started there downward spiral, and nobody could get along and parents there daughter should be pitching instead of the one that was.......I'll be ready to see how Ootlewah does next year with all the same parents returning and I'll see if you make it farther than we do......

825693058[/snapback]

Great job in the CWS...very impressive. thumb I enyoyed watching the LV's.

Bledsoebtheboys, Ezellsoftball04 is correct. This the part of the game that a lot of players have a problem with. If I lose a game by 1 run, I fell like we did a good job against a good team.If we lose a game by 5 runs, we got a sound beating.

825693624[/snapback]

Well......All I'm gonna say is people have different feelings......Some effects more than others.....

Well......All I'm gonna say is people have different feelings......Some effects more than others.....

825693692[/snapback]

People have different feelings, yes... but that is like saying "Some people like to practice and some don't" that too is a difference of opinion, but it seperates losers from champions, as does what we are talking about. Having a strong mental approach to the game seperates the losers from the champions. A loss is a loss. Losing by one run in a good game hurts, but losing bad, well that eats away at you and makes you question things. Just a thought.

Kat had her knee operated on sometime after the MTSCA tournament and Falon had her shoulder surgery day before yesterday. After the tournament, she could lift her arm out to her side and her arm would pop out of socket. This was going on during the whole last half of the season. Her shoulder had started hurting before the season started but I was not informed. It wasn't till the MTSCA tournament, when she pulled herself out of a game because the pain was so severe that I finally knew something was wrong. Falon would not quit pitching for the season because she knew this was her last shot. She never complained. Coach Breeden kept her to a strict pitch count. During the Lincoln Co. game, I gave the green light to go past the pitch count if she had to finish the game. This was the the region elimination game. If you lose it, you're done. She pitched the whole game with her arm coming out of socket on occasion to a 1-0 win. The next game two nights later on Wednesday, she came in to close the game, by her own decision, for two innings against Oakland. She struck out the side in both innings but this came after three very hard line drives for hits. I knew then Falon spent herself on the LC game and recovery for the Red Bank game was highly unlikely but still possible. Nobody outside of our family knew it was that bad.  When the Red Bank game started, everyone could see her speed was WAY down and she was exaggerating her lean for the curve and her rise because the snap wasn't there. So, essentially, you had a SLURVE (slow curve) and up pitch for the rise because there was no snap to make it break. Hence, she was lit up like a christmas tree by Red Bank.

Dr. Burton Elrod did the surgery and says it should be fine. As I type this, she is laying in bed with the Polar Kooler pumping cold water around her arm to keep the inflammation down and help a little with pain.  You can say IF THIS and MAYBE THAT all you want but this is really what happened to Riverdale. Go look at their games and box scores before these injuries and you'll see what was going on when you compare them to the last third to half of the season.

The pitching is where it's at in this game and everybody knows it. Coach Breeden and Coach Weaver did a remarkable job keeping Riverdale in the hunt till it was over. They knew our backs were against the wall weeks before districts.

Now, we wait and pray for healing of both these girls to have great seasons ahead and more importantly, no lasting effects for their everyday lives.

825692184[/snapback]

The Tennessean

Just some proof of what I said about not knowing she was injured. :D