Top Facilities

turf_master_s2s

They have won zero state championships! They have been voted to the ones you mentioned. I'll conceed that.

They have always had some of the best facilities with average statewide results.

825695024[/snapback]

They may have been voted to play in those games, but they still had to play them to win. Think of it as any other ratings system.

Come on man, what team do you support!? ;)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He ain't gonna tell ya...mainly because it's easier to pick at and not be picked on. ;)

03, they've won state championshipd...ask the TSSAA.  There's a source you cannot argue with.

825695051[/snapback]

QUOTE(h-unit @ Sep 17 2004 - 10:27 PM)

Im looking for Tenn High to take the state championship away from the rebels

QUOTE(03 @ Sep 18 2004 - 02:36 AM)

I'm looking for Tennessee High to only look at one game at a time!. But as a fan I can look at game 10. (THS v Sullivan East). East is playing at the same level as the Vikings.

Judging by this, I have come to the conclusion that he supports either:

Sullivan East

Tennessee High

Science Hill

Maryville

Clinton

Edited by THSVikings2004

Thats impressive. I had no idea. So, while I'm being put in the DB-hater's Club. (Buz's idea) Maybe you can be the co-person of the " Finally Get Over-the Hump Club." ie, go actually win something in recent decades.

825695043[/snapback]

True. I've followed D-B football since I was 6 or 7 and on up for the past 30 years. As a player and younger alumnus (30-40 somethings) we've carried the chip that we never measured up to D-B expectations because we have never won state via the modern playoff system. I love high school football and never criticize other programs, some of the D-B fans on here are too sensitive and the truth hurts, I'm like a Cub's fan always looking to next year. Hey, my Vols finally won the big one and I never thought they would get over the hump so maybe my Indians will in the near future!

Roll Tribe

On our way to see Chattanooga Brainerd and White House a few years ago in the playoffs, we passed a school in Chattanooga that had one of the nicest stadiums for high school football I had seen. We only got a glimpse from a distance, but it was built much like that of many college teams, with landscaping and hedges circling the seating and football field, and I believe the team name was cut into the hedges on one end.

It was right off the exit ramp from either a bypass or interstate.

Could this be Chatt Notre Dame? We didn't catch the name.

By the way, I can guarantee that if White House had full control over its stadium like it does the weight room and facilities, then you would see a top of the line park there too, but the city maintains it. Our school is only allowed to do so much to it.

825695036[/snapback]

McCallie. Notre Dame has a field that's barely legal.

DB is again just an AVERAGE school with below average results.

825694352[/snapback]

DB is among the GREATEST with the least to show for!

825695003[/snapback]

I see a little bit of a discrepancy between these two posts... I capitalized the two words that seem to disagree with each other....

Yeah. I guess you do!

AVERAGE results. ie, statewide comparision. no state championships won on the field, sure hope it happens for you guys real soon.

GREATEST resources. ie, your facilities compared to those teams that are successful statewide year in and year out.

825696116[/snapback]

If your wording of 'greatest' really was in regards to DB's facilities then how would they have any comparison to other schools throughout the state??? The brand new field house just opened up this off-season.... so clearly they have yet to play a season with the use of their 'Greatest' facilities.... You can only compare them to other teams throughout the state that have played the past few seasons with the run-down facilities that the Indians have had.....

Thank you. That sure clears everything up? I had wondered what DB's problem was.

825696437[/snapback]

I wasn't saying thats why DB hasn't won a state championship....

Your original statement was: "DB is among the GREATEST with the least to show for!"

Then you said:

GREATEST resources. ie, your facilities compared to those teams that are successful statewide year in and year out.

825696116[/snapback]

So I was merely pointing out the fact that it is impossible for DB to have anything to show for their 'Greatest' facilities if they have yet to play a season while using these facilities....

Don't try to turn my words just cause you didn't say waht you wanted the first time

• 1 month later...