Showtime Elite

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 13u Memphis Lady Elite (Miles) won the 13u division of the Shelbyville Showtime Elite Pre-National. On the way to the championship they beat the TN Elite, Georgia Panthers, Ky Premier Elite, TN Stars, Shelbyville Sport Shop Nike, lost to the WNC Royals, and beat the Georgia Panthers again to win the Championship. thumb

Philtenn,

Congrats on your championship..

Do you know the results of the 14U - 16U ages?

825689994[/snapback]

Sorry. Can't help you. We didn't even know what was going on in our own age bracket except from having contact with the tournament directors from time to time. We couldn't find any postings of brackets at any of the gym sites when we played.

Sorry.  Can't help you.  We didn't even know what was going on in our own age bracket except from having contact with the tournament directors from time to time.  We couldn't find any postings of brackets at any of the gym sites when we played.

825690092[/snapback]

You are so right! We played there twice this year and both showtime tournaments were the same. There were no posting of brackets anywhere. We show up for a 6:00 game and a substitute team is there to play. I hate playing in Shelbyville. At our game on friday night there was 2 ten year old kids keeping the clocks! The whole tournament was rinky dink!

You are so right! We played there twice this year and both showtime tournaments were the same. There were no posting of brackets anywhere. We show up for a 6:00 game and a substitute team is there to play. I hate playing in Shelbyville. At our game on friday night there was 2 ten year old kids keeping the clocks! The whole tournament was rinky dink!

825690734[/snapback]

Anything AAU is rinky dink,been saying that for years.

Look for much improvement next year in the Showtime Tournaments in Shelbyville (including posted pools and brackets)!  And for the majority of the tournament, the scorer's table at Shelbyville High School was manned by players from MTSU.

825690807[/snapback]

While I agree there is room for improvement in some areas, it's not fair to criticize the Shelbyville folks without commending them for consistently bringing in the largest pool of talented teams for their tournaments. This tournament was an invaluable tuneup for nationals for our 2 teams who participated. I commend everyone involved for stepping up to the plate and doing the thankless work of staging this tournament. I think one of those baby faced 10 year olds at the table might actually have been Showtime 7...lol

It is a huge production to put on a tournament that large. It takes a tremendous effort to do something like that and you're not going to please everyone. I commend them and the teams that are seeking good competition for coming. I know the teams at this level are serious.... They expect things like the schedule to be correct and accessable. They also expect the table staff and refs to be experienced. Those are not unreasonable expectations. The Sport Shop is a good organization. I'm sure they will continue to work on the kinks.

The tournament had its bumps but went pretty smoothly considering the transition this group is going thru .There were some of the usual complaints u get at tournaments,such as home cooking, bracket fixing,playernapping and stale

popcorn but despite who was on the clocks I didn't witness or hear of any problems. <_<

825690734[/snapback]

My comment was not meant to criticize the tournament. Getting brackets up at the gym sites is something that I would recommend they do next time, but that's not a deal breaker for us. Actually, our biggest headache was having to stay in a hotel 40 or 45 minutes away from Shelbyville. Unfortunately, that circumstance led to our girls getting to bed after midnight and having to get up around 6:30 am to make morning games. There was nothing else available by the time we started looking. But I don't know what the tournament directors can do about that.

What was important to us, was the competition and I don't know if there is anyone else within reasonable driving distance that can draw that kind of competition - all Nationals calibre teams. In addition, the size of that tournament and the logistics involved must have been quite a challenge. Still, as far as I know, what was important was taken care of - shot clocks in place, high level competition, and decent gyms. We'll be back.