43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual!!  Ain't that right KWALKER :blink:

825692411[/snapback]

What do you mean, as usual?! If you want to go back to "ancient" history, then, yes, AE has won more games in the rivalry! BUT in recent years, who has come out victorious. . . .especially when it mattered MOST?! Go ahead & say it. . .here, I'll help you . . . . .the Back to Back State Champs - Fulton Falcons! :o

:D GO FALCONS! :blink:

If im not mistaken the last 2 times LA and Scott played Scott WON

825692688[/snapback]

Like I said "NO RESPECT" you guys went 3-7!!!...LA hasn't lost 7 games in the past 2 years combined!!! Just tighten up your little jocks and hold on for the ride... :P

Looks like that you did your homework a little bit...thats a good boy now why don't you hit the weights and improve from you horrible season last year

What do you mean, as usual?! If you want to go back to "ancient" history, then, yes, AE has won more games in the rivalry! BUT in recent years, who has come out victorious. . . .especially when it mattered MOST?! Go ahead & say it. . .here, I'll help you . . . . .the Back to Back State Champs - Fulton Falcons! :P

:o GO FALCONS! :P

825692669[/snapback]

Let me help you out....

The last 4 years the combine record for AE and Fulton games is

Fulton 3 AE 3

I'll help you out even more

2001 Fulton 13 AE 12 AE State Champs

2002 AE 20 Fulton 9 Fulton Runner Ups

2003 AE 20 Fulton 6 PO GAME Fulton 21 AE 14 Fulton State Champs

2004 AE 20 Fulton 6 PO Game Fulton 28 AE 21 Fulton State Champs

So the combine record for the last 4 years is 3-3. Yes Fulton has won in the PO's the last 2 years however this is 2005 and it changes this year...

What i dont get is how they set up the regions this year ok you got

fulton

AE

AC

Scott

Kingston

LA

Catholic

All these teams are probably best in the state besides Scott and Kingston these 2 teams are very good just outmanned in this region. LA prob will get a big wake up call to.

Then you got

Seymour

Carter

Gibbs

Pigeon Forge

Rutledge

Claiborne CO

Union Co

why dont they take Seymour, Carter, and Pigeon Forge and take out AC, Scott, and Kingston i jsut dont get it. Scott has a good team every 5 years or so. Kingston has a good team every 3 years or so. AC has a good team but always coming in 5th. They need to get new regions i knwo they just did them but i think them 3 teams got the shaft i mean i know it is prob better to be in this region because you dont have to play teams from this region until the 3rd round i think.

Edited by Cant Catch Me

I don't know about AC, and Kingston - as they are located a bit closer to the Knoxville area- but for sure Scott County got cheated in the deal. I can't understand that move to save my life!

In Scott you have players whose ride to school is anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes on back roads. Whereas in the other schools mentioned, boys can walk to school. The level of committment required is greater on a young man in a rural area, who has to add a couple of hours to his day (going and coming) just getting back and forth.

This is one tough region - in my book, the toughest. And this year it got a bit tougher, it seems. YET still - Scott has a few special athletes this year, and an improved coaching staff - which was already as good as you would find anywhere. I expect Scott to have a special year "slaying the giants" of the region, while they are "under the radar."

Let me help you out....

The last 4 years the combine record for AE and Fulton games is

Fulton 3  AE 3

I'll help you out even more

2001  Fulton 13  AE 12    AE State Champs

2002  AE 20  Fulton 9    Fulton Runner Ups

2003  AE 20 Fulton 6    PO GAME    Fulton 21  AE 14  Fulton State Champs

2004  AE 20  Fulton 6    PO Game  Fulton 28    AE 21    Fulton State Champs

So the combine record for the last 4 years is 3-3.  Yes Fulton has won in the PO's the last 2 years however this is 2005 and it changes this year...

825692745[/snapback]

That's all fine & good Roadrunner, but the fact of the matter is . . . . .AE got "knocked out" of the playoffs by Fulton the last three years . . . and . . . well we know how it ended up. . .just like you said - 2002 State Runner Up, 2003 State Champs, 2004 State Champs! That stings a little don't it?! ;) (had to get my daily dose in again)

On paper you have to pick Fulton to win who returns alot bit from last year's team and AE lost just about its entire defense and there's no way they have another McAlister over there, he's as good as they have had in a very long time. Its a rivalry game so name matter who is on the field for either team it will be laid out on the line and played close but Fulton will prevail w/ slightly better players this year ( Cobb, Hamilton & Rogan ) will be tough for AE to slow down

Fulton

AE

Catholic

AC

I don't know about AC, and Kingston - as they are located a bit closer to the Knoxville area- but for sure Scott County got cheated in the deal.  I can't understand that move to save my life! 

In Scott you have players whose ride to school is anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes on back roads.  Whereas in the other schools mentioned, boys can walk to school.  The level of committment required is greater on a young man in a rural area, who has to add a couple of hours to his day (going and coming) just getting back and forth. 

This is one tough region - in my book, the toughest.  And this year it got a bit tougher, it seems.  YET still - Scott has a few special athletes this year, and an improved coaching staff - which was already as good as you would find anywhere.  I expect Scott to have a special year "slaying the giants" of the region, while they are "under the radar."

825693100[/snapback]

Yes we have players that walk to practice from 45 or 50 minutes away but some parents wont let there kids play Scott CO has the athletes but they all cant play cause they live to far away but GREAT post JED but I think Scott CO could make the playoffs in any other region. They just are outmanned and outdepth in this region but still do good but I think with some of the new coaches and such they will do fairly well.