TSSAA

NewNews

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a girl that played summer ball for me about 5 years ago that helped at a camp and received compensation for doing so. Her coach found out and went to the TSSAA and inquired about it. She had to repay the money and was suspended for 2 weeks. She missed about 6 games for her school team. But, to make it short, don't pay any players.

I had a girl that played summer ball for me about 5 years ago that helped at a camp and received compensation for doing so. Her coach found out and went to the TSSAA and inquired about it.  She had to repay the money and was suspended for 2 weeks. She missed about 6 games for her school team. But, to make it short, don't pay any players.

825692708[/snapback]

What if its a Highschool coach who is compensating players? What should be done now?

I had a girl that played summer ball for me about 5 years ago that helped at a camp and received compensation for doing so. Her coach found out and went to the TSSAA and inquired about it.  She had to repay the money and was suspended for 2 weeks. She missed about 6 games for her school team. But, to make it short, don't pay any players.

825692708[/snapback]

I think the penalty is 25% of scheduled maximum games for that sport.

It seems like this happened at Boyd awhile back. If I remember correctly, it was a camp that some of the girls got paid for. It wasn't a big deal but they did get some kid of penalty I believe.

Coaches need to be very careful about this. I don't think a coach or school should be paying anyone unless they are on staff, especially players.

It seems like this happened at Boyd awhile back.  If I remember correctly, it was a camp that some of the girls got paid for.  It wasn't a big deal but they did get some kid of penalty I believe.

Coaches need to be very careful about this. I don't think a coach or school should be paying anyone unless they are on staff, especially players.

825692851[/snapback]

Found out that You cannot get paid for teaching your athletic skills. Helping for free is Ok.

You guys are correct.

Don't understand why a coach, who knows better, would put a child or softball program in this situation.

Thank You Everyone

? Can Highschool girls get paid for helping in a softball Camp?

?Can College Players get paid for helping in a softball Camp?

What is the rule?

825692644[/snapback]

I dont think high school players can get paid for working at a softball camp...but college players can, and do it all the time...but I think there is a limit on how much they are allowed to earn.

I dont think high school players can get paid for working at a softball camp...but college players can, and do it all the time...but I think there is a limit on how much they are allowed to earn.

825693002[/snapback]

Not really sure but some of the college girls I have talked to in the past cant be paid either...