DB vs. ELIZABETHTON - WEEK '0' - AUG 19TH

GLee

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratz to the Tribe, Never would have thought you would spank the clones that bad.  Thought it would be a game.

825720414[/snapback]

Kicking game and turnovers plus the Cyclones inability to generate any offense. Credit DBs defense more than anything.

Well that was a little bit of a suprise. The DB Defense was really outstanding. The offense scored on the opening drive (54 yd drive) and that was about all they did in the first half. The TD was a 20 yd slant pass from McCord to Throp. The Indians had 2 nice TD Drive's in the 3rd qtr. The last one was with Bo Burton at QB, he had something like a 40 yd run in that drive.

Great games by

#20 JoJo Throp (the PA guy called him Thorp) 1 TD catch, 1 Int.

All of the DB Linebackers had big games. Led by Pappas, Brandon Thompson, Cody Burnette. Papps and Thompson ran the ball well when they were in on offense.

Halston Hale and C.J.Stabler (the 1 man gang) both played very good on Defense.

#90 Chris McGinn kicked 5 Kickoffs into the endzone and hit a FG

#3 Terrence Maxwell scored the 2nd TD and was without a doubt the best Tailback for the Indians, no question he should start.

#37 Matt Creech ran well at Tailback as well. Those 2 ran the best for the Indians and they should be playing alot sooner than the 2nd half.

Punter Cameron Tate is a real weapon.

#24 Jessie Alley made a great break on a Screen Pass to get the Int.

The offensive line was off and on, but I will give them a B- for the game, better than I was hoping for.

The Elizabethon Field was in great shape and it looked super. The stadium was so much better than I expected, really a nice Football Stadium.

DB fans came to support their Indians, I guess 4,000-5,000 DB fans. DB had 0 Turnovers and that is terrific for a 1st game.

Great job Indians. 1 Win in the bank and Sullivan South on the road next Thur.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

It was a great game and a great environment.  Skunk, #20 played great.  I was certainly a little stunned at the final score. 

Roll Tribe!

Go Cyclones!

825720461[/snapback]

#20 was outstanding. Great pass D and a good hands man on the O side. Guys, you've got something to work with over there. Great defense and your offense showed a great start to what it will take to 'get there' in your class. Great show, just wish we had taken care of business a bit better and made the score board look a bit better. We took ourselves out of a few opportunities. Oh yes, Roll Tribe. You've got a fan. Classy team.

Great show.

GO CYCLONES!!!! Grow and learn from this one.

Both offenses had trouble throughout the game, regardless of the score. Both defenses played really well. The kicking for DB was excellent. In my opinion, it was what won the game for DB....good field position throughout the entire game.

I love that DB band. It's a good way to get the players pumped up.

Edited by THSVikings2004