Who Would Win: Maryville vs. Oak Ridge

Guest rip25

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just go watch the scrimmage in August and be happy...next thread please. :lol:

825693883[/snapback]

Now Rebel, you and I both know there is a difference between a scrimmage and a game. There is no film study, gameplan, or home field advantage, a lot of times the starters aren`t even set. Now while a scrimmage can give you an indication if one team is far superior, it doesn`t mean the outcome of the scrimmage and the outcome of the game would be the same.

BTW, they would be some great games, same if Maryville hooked up with DB.

I went to 3 Oak Ridge games last year and 1 MHS game. Both teams looked very impressive. I thought Oak Ridge line was dominating. MHS finesse game and patience on offense was very efficient. Too close to call. Classificaitons doesn't mean much when you have about the same # of players on your rosters. Classifications are determined by school size not program stabiility.

Yeah. They are two different animals. But I see Maryville as an exceptional 4A team that can whip most 5A teams any friday night in the fall.

825693939[/snapback]

I`ll agree with that, Maryville would be in the same company as OR, DB, Riverdale and the others. They wouldn`t walk over 5A like they do 4A though.