Who Would Win: Maryville vs. Oak Ridge

Guest rip25

Hey?!! Stat boy!! Calm down. Did I say YOU will accept the outcome??!! NO!! I said I will accept the outcome....since I seem to know more about the rivalry between these two teams than you.

First of all, your response is part of the reason that administrators at Maryville banned your flags. I wouldn't want people waiving a flag that to some symbolizes racism if they can't even refrain from calling names on a message board.

Second, what would make you think that you know more about the rivalry then me, you don't know me. Funny how you can make that assumption from my post. Oh! yeah I guess it's because you're a big Coacht member.

I must have struck a nerve. As for stats, thats what they are and until Maryville plays some of the big teams, then all we can do is go on is the past and all you or anyone else can do is speculate. That fact still remains that all of Maryvilles success has come at the lower division levels, and you nor anyone else can change that no matter how much you huff and puff.

With that being said, I have a lot of repect for Maryville program and coach Quarles. I've heard nothing but good things about them and him personally from Coach Lussier, Stevens, and Graham. Suprising that they are all either former coaches, current friends, high school and college teammates of mine. But you're right the great rebel nation knows a little more about the riverly then me. So before you go sprouting off at the mouth, I would make sure I knew what I was talking about.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The truth is they both are about the same and have been lucky to catch the dragons in a little down cycle.

Down cycle? Against Oak Ridge, Clinton has been on a down cycle forever. The series stands at 33 Wins for OR to 10 for Clinton. Everybody talks about a rivalry, our little leagues, basketball, baseball, maybe, but HS football hardly.

And OllieShaggnasty before you get all hot and stuffy, I'm just poking a little fun. I have a lot of friends from Clinton who give me the same hard time back. :lol:

Edited by extremefury

First of all, your response is part of the reason that administrators at Maryville banned your flags.  I wouldn't want people waiving a flag that to some symbolizes racism if they can't even refrain from calling names on a message board.

Second, what would make you think that you know more about the rivalry then me, you don't know me.  Funny how you can make that assumption from my post.  Oh! yeah  I guess it's because you're a big Coacht member.

I must have struck a nerve.  As for stats, thats what they are and until Maryville plays some of the big teams, then all we can do is go on is the past and all you or anyone else can do is speculate.  That fact still remains that all of Maryvilles success has come at the lower division levels, and you nor anyone else can change that no matter how much you huff and puff.

With that being said, I have a lot of repect for Maryville program and coach Quarles.  I've heard nothing but good things about them and him personally from Coach Lussier, Stevens, and Graham.  Suprising that they are all either former coaches, current friends, high school and college teammates of mine.  But you're right the great rebel nation knows a little more about the riverly then me.  So before you go sprouting off at the mouth, I would make sure I knew what I was talking about.

825695591[/snapback]

Sir, you have a point or two but when you said "Until Maryville plays some of the big teams", then maybe you’d respect the record? By the way just what big names has Oak Ridge beaten the past ten years if you got all those stats? 4A Lower division? Many, many 4A teams in the state of Tennessee could wipe the floor with some 5A teams and Oak Ridge is one of those. Oak Ridge is not on top of 5A like many like to think they are. A great program with history, but no longer any type of powerhouse IMO. They trade blows with DB year after year but DB win's their share of those. Jeff Co. has some history of beating OR back in the early 90's I think it was. Do these big names include Heritage, WB, Bradley Central and others that Oak Ridge beats every year as big names?

Get to a few late rounds of the play-offs in 5A for the next 6-8 years in a row then throw off on Maryville! It is silly to talk about match-ups that will not come to pass until some future point. I don’t know how Maryville will do this year but I do know this what has been accomplished by the Maryville program the past 30 years is in the books and the past 6 years is virtually unmatched in High School Football in any class. Now I got rings to get polished!

Edited by FBEmeritus

First of all, your response is part of the reason that administrators at Maryville banned your flags.  I wouldn't want people waiving a flag that to some symbolizes racism if they can't even refrain from calling names on a message board.

Second, what would make you think that you know more about the rivalry then me, you don't know me.  Funny how you can make that assumption from my post.  Oh! yeah  I guess it's because you're a big Coacht member.

I must have struck a nerve.  As for stats, thats what they are and until Maryville plays some of the big teams, then all we can do is go on is the past and all you or anyone else can do is speculate.  That fact still remains that all of Maryvilles success has come at the lower division levels, and you nor anyone else can change that no matter how much you huff and puff.

With that being said, I have a lot of repect for Maryville program and coach Quarles.  I've heard nothing but good things about them and him personally from Coach Lussier, Stevens, and Graham.  Suprising that they are all either former coaches, current friends, high school and college teammates of mine.  But you're right the great rebel nation knows a little more about the riverly then me.  So before you go sprouting off at the mouth, I would make sure I knew what I was talking about.

825695591[/snapback]

fury...what's the all time record in the Maryville vs. Oak Ridge series?? Show us all how much you know big boy...

Racist...hahahaha :lol: whatever.... name calling...WHO struck the nerve....hahaha

It's all good fury...don't come after me or anything :lol:

fury...what's the all time record in the Maryville vs. Oak Ridge series?? Show us all how much you know big boy...

You should know that already. I think you're the one who stated

since I seem to know more about the rivalry between these two teams than you.

But if you have to know 4-4. It could be 3-4 in Maryville's favor since one of those schools was some school called Maryville Everrett. Never heard of them, that was before my time. No shame here. I tell it like it his good or bad.

Like you say it's all good. I give mad props to Maryville for representing the East.

What they have done in the last 6 years is impressive and second to none. If any that would be Riverdale.

You should know that already.  I think you're the one who stated

But if you have to know 4-4.  It could be 3-4 in Maryville's favor since one of those schools was some school called Maryville Everrett.  Never heard of them, that was before my time.  No shame here.  I tell it like it his good or bad.

Like you say it's all good.  I give mad props to Maryville for representing the East.

What they have done in the last 6 years is impressive and second to none.  If any that would be Riverdale.

825695753[/snapback]

Maryville Everrett was shut down in the late 70's and comined with several other schools to form Heritage

FBEmeritus

I agree with some your your assessments. But you can say the same about Maryville. Who do they besides Central. They are the only team that really competed at the higher levels. Morristown west maybe.

As far as your comments about Oak Ridge being at the top of 5A, I disagree. They are still a top 5A team. As far as the arguement goes, it's been argued that DB and Oak Ridge are the best teams not to have played in the state, they just happen to have Riverdale on their side. I've also argued the same point as you, when all the people in OR were in an up roar about the coaching situation.

They talked about expectations and that Stevens wasn't a good choice because he coached at the 3A level. We shouldn't be thumping our chest saying look at big bad Oak Ridge, since we hadn't won anything in the last 14 years besides some district and region championships.

The big problem is neither Maryville or Oak Ridge. The problem is the TSSAA and their water downed classification system. At the most TN should only have 4 classifications.

Maryville Everrett was shut down in the late 70's and comined with several other schools to form Heritage

Thanks Rebelman70.

FBEmeritus

I agree with some your your assessments.  But you can say the same about Maryville.  Who do they besides Central.  They are the only team that really competed at the higher levels.  Morristown west maybe.

As far as your comments about Oak Ridge being at the top of 5A, I disagree.  They are still a top 5A team.  As far as the arguement goes, it's been argued that DB and Oak Ridge are the best teams not to have played in the state, they just happen to have Riverdale on their side.  I've also argued the same point as you, when all the people in OR were in an up roar about the coaching situation. 

They talked about expectations and that Stevens wasn't a good choice because he coached at the 3A level.  We shouldn't be thumping our chest saying look at big bad Oak Ridge, since we hadn't won anything in the last 14 years besides some district and region championships.

The big problem is neither Maryville or Oak Ridge.  The problem is the TSSAA and their water downed classification system.  At the most TN should only have 4 classifications.

Thanks Rebelman70.

825695772[/snapback]

Who do they besides Central???? Well whoever shows up at the state game the past 7 years, that's who. Maryville will be ready this year should they get a few breaks.

Who do they besides Central????  Well whoever shows up at the state game the past 7 years, that's who.  Maryville will be ready this year should they get a few breaks.

825695809[/snapback]

Well I know OR was great in the early 90's, but the past few yrs have been just decent! They can't get over the hump, and in my opinion the Rebs would win at least 3 of 5!! I still respect the wildcats though!! :P

• 7 years later...

First of all, your response is part of the reason that administrators at Maryville banned your flags. I wouldn't want people waiving a flag that to some symbolizes racism if they can't even refrain from calling names on a message board.

Second, what would make you think that you know more about the rivalry then me, you don't know me. Funny how you can make that assumption from my post. Oh! yeah I guess it's because you're a big Coacht member.

I must have struck a nerve. As for stats, thats what they are and until Maryville plays some of the big teams, then all we can do is go on is the past and all you or anyone else can do is speculate. That fact still remains that all of Maryvilles success has come at the lower division levels, and you nor anyone else can change that no matter how much you huff and puff.

With that being said, I have a lot of repect for Maryville program and coach Quarles. I've heard nothing but good things about them and him personally from Coach Lussier, Stevens, and Graham. Suprising that they are all either former coaches, current friends, high school and college teammates of mine. But you're right the great rebel nation knows a little more about the riverly then me. So before you go sprouting off at the mouth, I would make sure I knew what I was talking about.

Thanks for the Memories there Olhick .... after reading this again I'm not sure if Maryville has a Chance this week .... Hey Extremefury ..... How ya Like me NOW ??!! Oh ya , I guess you're still wishing Stanton Stevens was there too .... lol