Adidas 7-on7 Tournament at UT

fhs_rebels05

Their were only three high schools for tn at the league. JCM franklin and faragut. I dont think that faragut won a game. Franklin either went 2-3 or 3-2 i know that they lost to byrnes high out of south carolina and haltom high out of texas.

JCM went 2-3 with losses to Lousivile Male and Dunbar and stone moutain. This league was loaded with talent i have never seen so many athletes in my life. Two of the top qbs in the nation were playing in the tournament. not sure who won though.

From how the coaches of Byrnes were talking they sounded like they will beat up pretty good on MBA. Byrnes has one 4 of the past 5 4aaaa state championships in s.c. and their passing game looked incredible at the adidas 7 on 7

825696634[/snapback]

I'm glad they think they way. I'm sure the 1999 Bolles (FL) team and 2003 Trinity (KY) team felt the same way, and they went back to Florida and Kentucky with their heads tucked between their tails. Trinity had a pretty good QB as well - some kid named Brian Brohm. And Bolles had about 12 or so guys off of their team go on to play DI ball.

So what exactly did the Byrnes coaches actually say?

MBA will have to play a phenomenal game to win as Byrnes is loaded with athletes and MBA has some holes to fill. But hey, give MBA credit - they don't duck good competition (and it's a shame that they've had to go out of state five of the last seven years to find a team to play).

Edited by rollredroll

There were more Tenn. teams there than that. Trousdale Co, Whites Creekand White Co. were all there. Whites Creek won their morning round robin bracket with a 7-1 record. Their only loss was to White Co. Trousdale won a 2 or 3 games but lost in the first round of the afternoon tournament. White Co. was about .500 in the round robin and one won game in the afternoon tournament before getting beaten by Byrnes. Trousdale could have one a few more but had a player go down in their first game and ended up having to forfiet the game.

Edited by eli

Their were only three high schools for tn at the league. JCM franklin and faragut. I dont think that faragut won a game. Franklin either went 2-3 or 3-2 i know that they lost to byrnes high out of south carolina and haltom high out of texas.

JCM went 2-3 with losses to Lousivile Male and Dunbar and stone moutain.  This league was loaded with talent i have never seen so many athletes in my life. Two of the top qbs in the nation were playing in the tournament. not sure who won though.

825696596[/snapback]

farragut went 1-4 beating cypress-creek from houston,tx who had already won an adidas 7on7 tournament. they lost to stone mountain 14-6 and to JCM 27-20. not bad for a team that ran the ball 70% of the time last year. byrnes from spartanburg and louisville male i think won their pools. i was impressed with the athletes and competition that was in the tournament and adidas did a great job of managing the event.