Temple Football

Beene_Coliseum

You people from Temple are talking it up pretty good so far. What are you going to have this year? I know you have a good passing game, or so it has been said. Just how good is your QB? How are your receivers? RBs? Line? What is your defense going to look like? What offense do you run? Here's your chance. Your own topic to let us all know how good you are. I am not trying to run you down or anything if it sounds that way. These are actually questions I was wondering about. Everyone seems to think that you are going to give SP a run and are putting you on top of everyone else in the region so I am just wanting to know what you have.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people from Temple are talking it up pretty good so far.  What are you going to have this year?  I know you have a good passing game, or so it has been said.  Just how good is your QB?  How are your receivers?  RBs?  Line?  What is your defense going to look like?  What offense do you run?  Here's your chance.  Your own topic to let us all know how good you are.  I am not trying to run you down or anything if it sounds that way.  These are actually questions I was wondering about.  Everyone seems to think that you are going to give SP a run and are putting you on top of everyone else in the region so I am just wanting to know what you have.

825695729[/snapback]

Were athletic and we have good skill players. thumb Our line needs work but were actually goin to have some size this year on the line.

Edited by bigbody1220

How many players do you have?

825695794[/snapback]

Prob. have about 25-30 when the season starts. How bout yall? Most of us have to go both ways off. and def. so were gonna have to be in good shape. Which we will be when we play Sequatchie.

what pos. you play south memphis playa?

Edited by bigbody1220

As I read things on here, I don't think Temple is saying all that much. We know that we have a tough road to hoe. SP will be good, and so will Copper, Whitwell and LV. If we stay healthy and are in great shape, (8-9 guys going both ways) we will be very competitive, if not, then we will be very average. We have some very good skill position people...very good. But they will be playing on both sides of the ball and that can wear you down. Our QB and one of our receivers is as good as anyone in the area. Our FB, at 230 is also extremely talented. If the line shapes up we will make some noise...that is where it is at, up front...time will tell, but we know that we can take NO ONE for granted.

Played against Temple last season. The receivers and defensive ends were some of the best that we saw all season long. Quarterback was decent. Got hit hard somewhere in the second half, stayed down for a while and didnt seem to recover after that. Dont remember the runningbacks but that is probably because the passing game was so prevalent. The younger Skogens has some big shoes to fill. Only weakness that could keep them from competing is the weakness of the line. They are small, but being small doesnt make you weak. Their entire O-Line, and their interior D-Line will need to get stronger or the entire team will suffer.

Played against Temple last season. The receivers and defensive ends were some of the best that we saw all season long. Quarterback was decent. Got hit hard somewhere in the second half, stayed down for a while and didnt seem to recover after that. Dont remember the runningbacks but that is probably because the passing game was so prevalent. The younger Skogens has some big shoes to fill. Only weakness that could keep them from competing is the weakness of the line. They are small, but being small doesnt make you weak. Their entire O-Line, and their interior D-Line will need to get stronger or the entire team will suffer.

825695863[/snapback]

CoachLogan just gave a lesson on how to write on this thing. He was clear, knowledgable without being insulting. I feel a little guilty cuz I was going to say temple ain't gonna do anything, period. But I like the way he puts it better. temple will once again beat the bad teams, grace, Silverdale, like that, but they will be lucky to be 4th in the region and get stomped first playoff game, if they make it. And coahc is right, the O and D line aint very big and they aint vey good, and they aint got that many players. it will be a disappointing year for them.