FATHER RYAN

irishballer87

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a good start, as Coach Lussier had a nice tenure at Oak Ridge, but there are a lot of challenges. Restoring confidence/instilling enthusiasm is probably job number one, but some other factors are going to make that tough in the near term. Not having a home field is one of them, although that may be solved in time. Plus, the league already has some great coaches and coaching staffs as well, with the all-time wins leader in Tennessee at Brentwood Academy, a former NCAA and Super Bowl champion QB at MBA (not to mention the recent addition of a former Tennessee Titan, with 10+ years of NFL experience, as a full-time assistant coach), an MUS coach who has over 20 years experience at the school, and some other good, young coaches in Memphis in Chattanooga.

It's a uphill battle right now, but he seems like a good candidate to lead that fight.

Edited by rollredroll

I think you will begin to see improvement in the Father Ryan football program this year. That may not translate into a lot of wins, but let`s face it, the program had hit rock bottom so there`s no where to go but up.

Now that the outgoing principal Jack Langton is finally gone, I think there is going to be a renewed commitment from the incoming leadership to get the program moving in the right direction. Langton singlehandedly doomed the program to failure 4 years ago when he promoted Robert Jemison to the head coaching position. It was a knee jerk move at a time when the program was teetering on the edge after Kurt Page had stepped down after going over Langton`s head and complaining publicly to the Board of Trust about some problems the program was facing in competing in Division II.

Langton never had much use for Athletics during his tenure as principal. He never understood the traditions and importance of Father Ryan football to the Ryan community. It didn`t seem to bother him when the losses were piling up. Jemison was his choice and he was sticking with him.

It wasn`t until this past season`s end when the Board of Trust finally got tired of the death spiral and forced Langton`s hand. I can`t tell you the exact specifics but it was a matter of days after the final game when Robert announced his "resignation".

Fortunately, The Board appointed a search committee and Langton had very little to do with the search until it came down to the end. A recommendation was made and Langton and the incoming principal tendered the offer to Bruce Lussier.

We were extremely fortunate to be able to attract a person of Coach Lussier`s caliber to Father Ryan. He brings experience and credibility to the program

Coach Lussier fully understands the challenges that lie ahead of him. I think at the outset he will bring some much needed discipline to the program. In the next two years, he WILL have an on campus stadium in which to play home games. This will help tremendously, but until then the Irish will have to learn to improve while constantly being "on the road".

I think there is real reason for optimism for the first time in about 5 years.

Coach Lussier has seemed to help better, the football program is more organized and the players have a better sense of pride in our program as well. We are now having more and more things to make it better, and this is great because we do not have much, terrible equipment, no field, horrible weightroom, and they are just not facilities to field our team. I think he knows what he is doing though, it might take him a couple years for us to be a powerhouse again, but i think some people underestimate us and our talent, if this coach is the real deal, then we should surprise some teams this year...

Father Ryan got the most organized coach you ever saw. . He's almost scary he's got it so together. You will have the best defense in town. He will turn the program around if the school will let him. Bruce Lussier puts the kids first and they really matter to him.

He's my best friend and I sure hated to lose him to youall but all things change.

I heard at the Purlpe and White game there was only one holdout left to get the new statium. Good luck

yea coach lussier is a very good coach.....and i do seem him changing things around and making them a powerhouse again.....it might take some time, it might not, this year will not be a test it will just be a start-up for coach lussier but he can really have a good year this year with the athletes that coach lussier has, so look for father ryan to be very competitive this year............but it will be hard bc we are in one of the toughest division in the state if not the toughest will discipline, coaching styles, work ethic and athleticism. So don't count us out this year

Father Ryan got the most organized coach you ever saw. . He's almost scary he's got it so together. You will have the best defense in town. He will turn the program around if the school will let him. Bruce Lussier puts the kids first and they really matter to him.

He's my best friend and I sure hated to lose him to youall but all things change.

I heard at the Purlpe and White game there was only one holdout left to get the new statium. Good luck

825696101[/snapback]

bounder did you play for lussier? if so tell me how yall won soo many games... was it the teams speed, talent, size, strength, endurance, heart or what? just get back to me on that if ya would...

Edited by ryanboy06

No like I said He is my best friend. I've got grey hair. However, yes to evetything else. But one big plus Tradition and local fan support. The Oak Ridge fans won't accept anything but winning, we just don't like to lose and it carries over to the whole athletic program. Makes us mad as weeeelllll you know what I mean.

However I don't think Father Ryan is ready to be a giant killer. Lussier takes it one game at a time as it should be. They need a couple of years. Then folks will see a real difference.

No like I said He is my best friend. I've got grey hair. However, yes to evetything else. But one big plus Tradition and local fan support. The Oak Ridge fans won't accept anything but winning, we just don't like to lose and it carries over to the whole athletic program. Makes us mad as  weeeelllll you know what I mean.

However I don't think Father Ryan is ready to be a giant killer. Lussier takes it one game at a time as it should be. They need a couple of years. Then folks will see a real difference.

825696745[/snapback]

thanks bounder, we hate losing tooo but no one believes in us except for some of our team members and all of our coaches, and we just need to prove everyone wrong and get in that mentality like the oak ridge boys had, and their community had...

Hey I met some of the !2th man squad and they are getting fired up. They should be ready by the start of the season. Get the students and parents behind the football team and it will just get better. Then when you get a statium and can have home games you'll be ready to rock and roll.