Who is some of the best QB's this year

adidas23

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well as i said cody maxed out at 295 i saw it and four of our coaches saw it. I know thats tough to believe and i probably wouldn't beleive it either so i can completely understand if u dont buy it and i won't argue but at any rate we can all agree that the kid is strong and that a 4.4 is fast. he put up some very impressive rushing and throwing stats last year and with the likes of brandon thrower (16 to 19 catches and 8 tds) and lee smith to throw to he could make a mr football run.

who cares how much you can bench press!  the only time you bench press in a football game is when you are pushing someone off you when you are lying on the ground! not a position you would want to be in i dont think!

825701976[/snapback]

College coaches care. It's one of the indications of physical conditioning, which is something they look for. It also is an indication of work habits in the training room.

who cares how much you can bench press!  the only time you bench press in a football game is when you are pushing someone off you when you are lying on the ground! not a position you would want to be in i dont think!

825701976[/snapback]

True for quarterbacks, which in this case we are talking about. But bench press is definitely important for offensive linemen, especially if you play for a passing team. So for a quarterback that may be the only time you use bench press, but not the only time it is used at all in a football game.

to echo the brilliant htv lol college coaches look at bench press during recruiting. But regardless of that if u dont want to look at weight room numbers just look at his stats from last year. The kid is a player at qb in hs and is a prospect at db or wr or anywhere he sets his mind on playing. He's been making plays his whole life and this year will be no different. Ill take him on my team over any qb in the state.

the ramsey kid from morristown east he will be a jr. threw for around 1200 yrds.his sophmore year. he should be a standout player this year. watch for him this year

825701271[/snapback]

Agree, If Ramsey gets some protection from a rebuilt line he should be the class of the IMAC. He needs to spend more time in the weightroom, but has a good arm, a good head for the game, and will be one of the fastest QB's in East Tennessee.