In all seriousness, because I have no idea, but how were the Braves before they started dropping like flies?  They weren't exactly world-beaters then were they?

825700968[/snapback]

World beaters? NO! In first place? YES! And it is widely known that the Braves never play there best ball until the second half of the season!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

World beaters? NO! In first place? YES! And it is widely known that the Braves never play there best ball until the second half of the season!

825701048[/snapback]

Well 50-23 is a mighty tall order for a young team that is still fighting a lot of injuries. Well, make that 50-22 in their last 72 games after tonight. I'd say 95 wins would guarantee you the division, and 90-92 will probably do it.

As for the Cards, I wish they would just put Rolen on the 30 day DL and let that shoulder get completely healed up for the stretch run and then October.

the Cubs are fixin to crank it up a notch in the second half and take the NL wildcard. they've got their 2 aces back to their 2003 form, they've got Corey Patterson down in the minors gettin his game together cause he has the potential to be a superstar if he'd quit swingin at every thing, Nomar should be back sometime in August, and Derek Lee is in another world right now the way he's been playin. their bullpen is weak but Dempster has done a fine job closing so far. they will make a move for either a left fielder or setup/closer and they will be set for a playoff run, thats if they can finally stay healthy of course.

the AL wild card is gonna go to...not the Yankees or the O's...not the Twins...not the Rangers...........but the Indians are gonna win the wildcard. they are gettin overlooked right now but they are fixin to make some noise and play like they were expected to at the beginnin of the season and make a push for the Whitesox but they'll fall a few games short and end up with the wc.

the O's are gonna fade big time in the second half if they dont trade for an ace cause their rotation is very weak. the Nats arent gonna go away like yall think. gettin Preston Wilson was a great trade for them, no he's not the superstar he was a few years ago but he's just about the best bat on the block this year. i think they stay right were they are and the only way they miss the playoffs is if the Braves catch them, i dont see them fallin back to the Braves.

as far as players go i think Carlos Beltran, Adrian Beltre, and Todd Helton triple their power numbers from here on out while Morgan Ensberg and Cliff Floyd see their numbers slide in the second half. for pitchers Johan Santana will be the most improved while Jon Garland begins to look more like the back of the rotation pitcher he was before this season.

AL East- Bo Sox, AL Central- Chi Sox, AL West- Angels, WC- Indians

NL East- Nats, NL Central- Cards, NL West- Padres, WC- Cubbies

825700914[/snapback]

Some fan will rob there chances of anything......... :ph34r::D

Some fan will rob there chances of anything......... :D  :)

825701208[/snapback]

Or a goat or a cat!!! :lol:

825701290[/snapback]

:ph34r: .......it will probably be more of a shoulder or an elbow that robs their chances of winning the wildcard. ive just got a feeling that Prior and Wood can stay healthy for 3 more months and get them a first round butt whoopin by the Cards.

:ph34r: .......it will probably be more of a shoulder or an elbow that robs their chances of winning the wildcard. ive just got a feeling that Prior and Wood can stay healthy for 3 more months and get them a first round butt whoopin by the Cards.

825701333[/snapback]

I just don't see the cubbies getting in over the Marlins or Nationals ..........

Edited by Bledsoebtheboys

B) .......it will probably be more of a shoulder or an elbow that robs their chances of winning the wildcard. ive just got a feeling that Prior and Wood can stay healthy for 3 more months and get them a first round butt whoopin by the Cards.

825701333[/snapback]

WC can't play their division winner in the first round.

B) .......it will probably be more of a shoulder or an elbow that robs their chances of winning the wildcard. ive just got a feeling that Prior and Wood can stay healthy for 3 more months and get them a first round butt whoopin by the Cards.

825701333[/snapback]

Actually, I think the Cubs problem will be getting to the playoffs, they were injuried early and fell way behind! Now that they are getting healthy I think you will see a very good team and I think Prior, Wood, and Zambrano can beat anyone!

Actually, I think the Cubs problem will be getting to the playoffs, they were injuried early and fell way behind! Now that they are getting healthy I think you will see a very good team and I think Prior, Wood, and Zambrano can beat anyone!

825701660[/snapback]

ah no doubt they are gonna have to play some great ball since they fell so far behind early but with Wood and Prior healthy i dont think there is any team in baseball that can match the depth they have in their rotation...we seen that Zambrano can be an ace last year when he had an era under 3, we all know Prior and Wood have down right wicked stuff when they are healthy, no explanation needed for Maddux, he has seen his best years pass him by but there still isnt a team in the league that wouldnt love to have a veteran pitcher with his experience, and even their number 5 guy, Jerome Williams, has the potential to be a star in the near future. now they need to get Nomar healthy and get Corey Patterson playin to his huge potential and they should be fine. the Cubs always make a big move at the trade deadline too...Nomar last year, Aramis Ramirez the year before, i wouldnt be surprised if they came up with another big bat to play left field so they can send Murton back down here to Jackson where he needs to be.