Politics in Powell

allamerican

How recent is that news HTV? Cause I heard this yesterday and I am about 75% sure it's correct, but you never know I could be wrong! But I do know for a fact that they have interviewed for the position while the old AD was still there. Now whether Mark Majors is going to re interview or not I'm not sure.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How recent is that news HTV?  Cause I heard this yesterday and I am about 75% sure it's correct, but you never know I could be wrong! But I do know for a fact that they have interviewed for the position while the old AD was still there. Now whether Mark Majors is going to re interview or not I'm not sure.

825708767[/snapback]

My information came earlier this afternoon from one of those involved directly in the process. No coach has been hired or formally interviewed. That's from a rock solid source.

Edited by HTV

Sounds good, I guess I was wrong thanks for clearing it up! However does that mean that the interviews that were done with the previous AD mean nothing?  And the only reason I ask, is cause I know someone that was interviewed for the position by the former AD at Powell.

825708866[/snapback]

I understand that there were some preliminary interviews conducted, but nothing official. From what I have been told, the job wasn't even officialy posted until mid June, which means that by law it has to be posted for two weeks before interviews can be conducted. Coach Duff was named the principal at Halls about the second week of July, so not much could have been done.

Thank you for the information! I hope that they get someone that is well suited for the job and that is willing to take the time with the players to build the program to where is once was! This could be a great opportunity for a young enthusiatic coach!

Please keep me posted if you here anymore news! Thank Again!

I heard that it was down to two people, Mike Cox the softball coach at Knoxville Central, and also another candidate that hasn't been interviewed but would like to be is Gibbs baseball asst. Chris Jones. 

Anybody else know anything newer than this, or can confirm if this is true?

825709153[/snapback]

Not true, according to what I was told yesterday. See previous post.

It won't be Mike Cox from Central because I heard they could not give him a PE job in the Powell school system. But I did here that Central is wanting him to take the Central baseball job. In that case the Central Softball would be available.

I know that HTV continues to say it is still in the air, but I continue to here that Keith Jones, Jefferson County's Assistant coach last year, is the likely candidate.

Only Time Will Tell!!!

It won't be Mike Cox from Central because I heard they could not give him a PE job in the Powell school system.  But I did here that Central is wanting him to take the Central baseball job.  In that case the Central Softball would be available. 

I know that HTV continues to say it is still in the air, but I continue to here that Keith Jones, Jefferson County's Assistant coach last year, is the likely candidate.

Only Time Will Tell!!!

825709215[/snapback]

I understand that a coach has been hired this morning, and it's not a name that has been mentioned on this forum.

I'll share more as I get details.

BREAKING NEWS! POWELL HIGH SCHOOL HAS A NEW BASEBALL COACH. JEFF INMAN FORMER POWELL PLAYER AND COLLEGIATE PLAYER. JEFF IS A POWELL BOY WHO WILL BRING FUNDAMENTALS AND OLD SCHOOL TO THIS TEAM. CONGRATULATIONS COACH INMAN

825709561[/snapback]

Yep. That's the new coach at Powell. He'll be teaching PE at Powell Elementary and coaching baseball at Powell High.

Inman played under Danny Maples at Powell on some of the better Panther teams in memory. Some of the players he played with were Stanton Cameron, Lee Payne, and former Powell coach Cale Lawson.

Edited by HTV