Should Maryville and Melrose move up?

CountryBoy4Life

mlreb,

did check those stats. Murville and one other school were the largest two schools in 4a classification. Can't recall if it was Melrose or not, but both had numbers that were larger than some of the Williamson County schools. Those schools moved to 5a becaus it was easier completing their schedule and more economical to travel the trails of 5a than 4a.

Now don't get me wrong, Murville can compete at any level. Competing and winning the state 5 out of the last 7 years is entirely different.

I know I would pay my money to see Murville and Riverdale play in the "boro on Saturday night in December. Two excellent programs with super good coaching staffs and players.

If I told a lie, then I claim the debil and momma made me do it. I still love Vickie Valencourt and her $%$$&*(.

bbs

Edited by bobbybooshay

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote=bobbybooshay,Jul 24 2005 - 05:26 AM]

mlreb,

did check those stats. Murville and one other school were the largest two schools in 4a classification. Can't recall if it was Melrose or not, but both had numbers that were larger than some of the Williamson County schools. Those schools moved to 5a becaus it was easier completing their schedule and more economical to travel the trails of 5a than 4a.

Now don't get me wrong, Murville can compete at any level. Competing and winning the state 5 out of the last 7 years is entirely different.

I know I would pay my money to see Murville and Riverdale play in the "boro on Saturday night in December. Two excellent programs with super good coaching staffs and players.

If I told a lie, then I claim the debil and momma made me do it. I still love Vickie Valencourt and her $%$$&*(.

bbs

825704794[/snapback]

I left the quotes up that were incorrect from your previous post. You are correct that Maryville is the largest 4A school. Maryville will have to move to 5A in about 5 years, when the classifications are determined again.

I never said their size was the reason for their success. But I think there is more players to choose from with a school that has 1400. I'm no genius but it is kind of obvious that a school with 1400 students has a better chance of beating a school with 800 almost every time.

825704710[/snapback]

That 800 students school did not have to move up. They could have stayed in 3a. It was their choice.

I wonder how Murville stayed at the 4a level.  Clue:  they have a board of director as an ######'t. prinicpal.  Coincidence, maybe, maybe not.  But they are the largest 4A school in the state.

What would have happened if the entire county of Williamson had not moved their schools up to 5a for money  and travel reasons.

Have heard for two years that the next go round for classification that Murville will be 5a.

Only time will telll if they can dominate 5a the way they have 4a. 

bbs

825704666[/snapback]

I am pretty sure the classes were divided before anyone moved up. There are now:

5a 61

4a 60

3a 57

2a 57

1a 59

It didn't matter that anyone moved up to 5a. Maryville would have been in 4a anyway.

antwan,

Not so sure you are right. If 4-5 schools that moved up to 5a had stayed in 4a then the numbers would have had a great imbalance. With that having been said

Murville would have been the largest school (with someone else) and the TSSAA more than likely would move those two schools. Don't think for a second that the czar (Ronnie Carter) would let 5a have 55-56 schools and 4a have 64-65. Too much of a difference in numbers.

If the numbers were perfect (294 schools divided by 5 classes) there would be 58.8 schools in each class. Since that is impossible there would have to be would be 58 schools in each of three classes (total of 174 schools) and two classes with 60 schools (120 total) which would give you 294 total non-tution schools in the state.

mlreb, check these out to see if my Knoxville education of rithmitic is correct. If not I offer my most humble and sincere apology, because the debil made me do it.

bbs

antwan,

Not so sure you are right.  If 4-5 schools that moved up to 5a had stayed in 4a then the numbers would have had a great imbalance.  With that having been said

Murville would have been the largest school (with someone else) and the TSSAA more than likely would move those two schools.  Don't think for a second that the czar (Ronnie Carter) would let 5a have 55-56 schools and 4a have 64-65.  Too much of a difference in numbers.

If the numbers were perfect (294 schools divided by 5 classes) there would be 58.8 schools in each class.  Since that is impossible there would have to be would be 58 schools in each of three classes (total of 174 schools) and two classes with 60 schools (120 total) which would give you 294 total non-tution schools in the state.

mlreb, check these out to see if my Knoxville education of rithmitic is correct.  If not I offer my most humble and sincere apology, because the debil made me do it.

bbs

825704805[/snapback]

If that's true...why not 58...59...59...59...59? A few teams moved up from 2a to 3a. 3a to 4a...4a to 5a. Maybe the tssaa tried to anticipate who would move up. I don't remember. I am still pretty sure classes were assigned before the move up.

Maybe someone remembers for sure.

That 800 students school did not have to move up.  They could have stayed in 3a. It was their choice.

825704798[/snapback]

They have always been 4A(Eliz.). They have never played in 3A. They have always challenged every team in 4A so they never thought of moving down. If they did move down, they could challenge Fulton for the state title every year.

It came across like I was complaining and whining, but I'm not. I was just curious what others thought about it. I personally love watching Maryville play, and I would like to see how they would fare against the top 5A schools.

country boy,

I didn't think you were whining. Your team has always been 4a, for as long as I can remember. Maybe by going 4a they are looking for the same things as the Williamson County schools, scheduling and economical factors.

I believe what I and antwan were talking about was numbers in the differnet classes.

Another question to ponder - what if TSSAA said you MUST play where you enrollment puts you, no moving up. How would that impact all schools and classes?

bbs

country boy,

I didn't think you were whining.  Your team has always been 4a, for as long as I can remember.  Maybe by going 4a they are looking for the same things as the Williamson County schools, scheduling and economical factors.

I believe what I and antwan were talking about was numbers in the differnet classes. 

Another question to ponder - what if TSSAA said you MUST play where you enrollment puts you, no moving up.  How would that impact all schools and classes?

bbs

825704813[/snapback]

That's what Kentucky does. It would be a huge factor. I wonder why it is not done. I would like to see 2 or 3 public classes...and two private classes (1 aid...1 nonaid).

mlreb, check these out to see if my Knoxville education of rithmitic is correct. If not I offer my most humble and sincere apology, because the debil made me do it.

bbs

825704805[/snapback]

[/color]

Sorry if I offended you Bobby by correcting your statements that were offered as facts. You know and I know that you were taking shots at Maryville. I have no problem with you being critical but make sure when you make a statement as fact, and when they can be taken as criticism, that they are correct. Oterwise expect to be called......

Again.....sorry for offending you and your Knoxville education. That was not my intention.