Gibson Co.

GCPioneer

Just a question...and don't take this wrong.....How many games have all these seniors everyone is talking about won during their careers??...It is still to be seen when games are close in the 4th quarter(if they actually are close in the 4th quarter) if these guys really know "how to win"....Also,isn't both Fayette Acd. and West Carroll Single A teams??....Just a little perspective... :lol:

825713554[/snapback]

yes your right if a is weaker than aa then aa is weaker than aaa where gc just came out of. and if iam right gc beat obion last year are you saying obion is weaker than a single a team. dont take this the wrong way . this is a new year and gc has a few new players playing. i think we can count on at least one win when we play obion. just a little perspective!!!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't understand your reasoning and I knew you would bring up last year,which means nothing......The 3A region GC left is much stronger now than last year...Partly because GC is gone...You trade GC and Brighton for Haywood,Dyersburg and Crockett Co. and I would say top to bottom the 3A region is stronger than the 2A region GC is in now...But,as far as GC is concerned beating Fayette Acd and West Carroll is not like beating Huntingdon,Milan and USJ.I know winning anything in football is a new experience to GC,but you have to keep scrimmage wins in perspective... thumb

Edited by occhsfanviachattanooga

yes your right if a is weaker than aa then aa is weaker than aaa where gc just came out of. and if iam right gc beat obion last year are you saying obion is weaker than a single a team. dont take this the wrong way . this is a new year and gc has a few new players playing. i think we can count on at least one win when we play obion. just a little perspective!!!!

825713758[/snapback]

Yes...we all know that Gibson Co. got their first win in nearly four years agaisnt the Rebels last year.Considering the way we played,we deserved to lose that game.There were several factors that went into that loss.First,you have the distractions of homecoming.Second,we simply got outplayed that game.Third,we lost our starting QB.I still believe if Garrett wouldn't have gotten hurt,we would've won that game.Finally,they simply overlooked Gibson Co. because of the losing streak.I don't think the Rebels need much motivation to get up for this game.If GC does beat OC again,it won't be because the Rebels overlooked them this time.

I really don't understand your reasoning and I knew you would bring up last year,which means nothing......The 3A region GC left is much stronger now than last year...Partly because GC is gone...You trade GC and Brighton for Haywood,Dyersburg and Crockett Co. and I would say top to bottom the 3A region is stronger than the 2A region GC is in now...But,as far as GC is concerned beating Fayette Acd and West Carroll is not like beating Huntingdon,Milan and USJ.I know winning anything in football is a new experience to GC,but you have to keep scrimmage wins in perspective...

I agree with you man, but the thing is they didnt even beat Fayette...let me say this again..jv/varsity whatever...score was 3-2..

I really don't understand your reasoning and I knew you would bring up last year,which means nothing......The 3A region GC left is much stronger now than last year...Partly because GC is gone...You trade GC and Brighton for Haywood,Dyersburg and Crockett Co. and I would say top to bottom the 3A region is stronger than the 2A region GC is in now...But,as far as GC is concerned beating Fayette Acd and West Carroll is not like beating Huntingdon,Milan and USJ.I know winning anything in football is a new experience to GC,but you have to keep scrimmage wins in perspective... thumb

825713862[/snapback]

i have a good feelin that winnin might start gettin scarce down in troy...u better worry bout ur own team and worry bout week 0 thumb...i still think ur a little upset that gibson co. ended their streak to ur team last year and u just dont wanna live with it...but thats just my opinion

825713758[/snapback]

All of this will be settled on Sept. 9th.....Then we'll see who's weaker then....

i have a good feelin that winnin might start gettin scarce down in troy...u better worry bout ur own team and worry bout week 0 thumb...i still think ur a little upset that gibson co. ended their streak to ur team last year and u just dont wanna live with it...but thats just my opinion

825714162[/snapback]

Winning might get scarce,but I promise we won't go 38 games without a win.

we lost to a good lake co team tonight 13-0 and tied w/ d-burg 6-6

thumb

825714886[/snapback]

yes gc offensive looked good moved down to 11 with the run just passing when we had to . then just like in past years bad play calling started passing on every down. need to keep doing what moved you down the field. minyard passes were right on time but we have no hands to catch the ball. gc defense cant cover the pass. hope they get better.

titansfans how many passes were completed in the jamboree by lake co/dyersburg?  1? what do you mean they cant cover the pass?

825715059[/snapback]

they didnt pass the ball all that much but when they went out the were wide open . they could of hit them all day long. they did complet more than one pass.

yes gc offensive looked good moved down to 11 with the run just passing when we had to . then just like in past years bad play calling started passing on every down. need to keep doing what moved you down the field. minyard passes were right on time but we have no hands to catch the ball. gc defense cant cover the pass. hope they get better.

825715044[/snapback]

i wouldnt exactly say bad play calling....b/c with 30 somethin seconds against d-burg left we started passin and look what happened we scored :lol: also bout the receivers i think everyone was real nervous last night as u could tell with hauke...he didnt exactly have the best game but redeemed himself in the end against dyersburg