Ooltewah vs. Cookeville

ImaOWL

I completely agree, stlrcoach.  You have to be completely ignorant to say that this game will not be close.  Both teams will go deep in the playoffs IMO, and both deserve to be on that field in two weeks.

You obviously don't know about Coach Joslin.  He is probably one of the most unpredictable coaches in the state, which is what makes him so good.  He may run a power I in the first half and try to pound it down the middle every time, but in the second half may come out in shotgun formation.  He will fool you.  Not to mention that our quarterback can scramble better than anybody except michael vick.  One more thing....Cookeville has the best offensive line they have had since 2002.  This may be the best in the state.  Don't expect to get any sacks.

825708457[/snapback]

The reason he can scramble so well is that he used to be a receiver. Right? By the way Fuggs, unless something big comes up between now and this game, I'll be coming down on Thursday night/early Friday morning and getting a hotel room near the stadium. It'll just be me, the younger boy, and my best friend. I'll give you my cell# via email, so you can call when you get near, and you can come by. We can all drive to the game together if you want. We will be staying that night after the game too.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I BELIEVE IT IS A SUPER 8 OFF EXIT 11

825708531[/snapback]

Thanks! Now, I just hope everyone in attendance, on our side and yours, will be as well behaved as we all have been here. I would hate to get run out of town after the game! :D I really don't see that as much of a problem, though. I rarely hear anything bad about either bunch.

I completely agree, stlrcoach.  You have to be completely ignorant to say that this game will not be close.  Both teams will go deep in the playoffs IMO, and both deserve to be on that field in two weeks.

You obviously don't know about Coach Joslin.  He is probably one of the most unpredictable coaches in the state, which is what makes him so good.  He may run a power I in the first half and try to pound it down the middle every time, but in the second half may come out in shotgun formation.  He will fool you.  Not to mention that our quarterback can scramble better than anybody except michael vick.  One more thing....Cookeville has the best offensive line they have had since 2002.  This may be the best in the state.  Don't expect to get any sacks.

825708457[/snapback]

WOW, next to vick?i did not know he was that good, i apologize! on the matter of no sacks, even vick gets sacked.

Should be a good game. both teams return a lot from last year. i think ooltewah will win this one by 2 tds late.

825708541[/snapback]

Yeah, they are. I don't know for sure about the Owls, but Cookeville is returning one of, if not the largest, senior class I've seen there. I don't know about the 2 td difference. I seem to think this one will be much closer than that. I can't wait to see the game! It may be the best game in 5A during the regular season. Maybe the DB Oak Ridge game can beat it, but who knows.

Yeah, they are.  I don't know for sure about the Owls, but Cookeville is returning one of, if not the largest, senior class I've seen there.  I don't know about the 2 td difference.  I seem to think this one will be much closer than that.  I can't wait to see the game!  It may be the best game in 5A during the regular season.  Maybe the DB Oak Ridge game can beat it, but who knows.

825708543[/snapback]

IT WILL BE A WAR THATS FOR SURE. OOLTEWAH HAS ITS ENTIRE O-LINE BACK ,ONE THAT WAS VERY GOOD LAST YEAR.COOKEVILLE ALSO HAS A TERRIFIC LINE.NOT SURE WHAT THE CAVS HAVE COMING BACK IN THE BACKFIELD BUT THE OWLS BRING CALDWELL BACK AND ADD CLARK GASTON WHO HAS COMMITTED TO SOUTH CAROLINA AS A FULLBACK AND ALSO ADD BRIAN MARSHALL (10.8 100 METER)NOT TO MENTION HUNTER HYDUS. BOTH DEFENSES WILL BE TOUGH.COME ON AUGUST 19TH!