Ooltewah vs. Cookeville

ImaOWL

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well what does Ooltewah think about that?  What, about 10 catches and 210 yards and a touchdown or so between them last year?  Think you could give them a little credit?

825720815[/snapback]

Eric Atchley is a great kid made a 33 on Act I think and Chris Ricketts is as well both are great kids and 10 catches 210 yards didn't help with momo in backfield and Gary Orr who is probably the best QB SD has had since Brent Maynor. This year they have no tailback and no real quarterback even though Dobbs is a heck of a kid too and great Baseball and Basketball player. Just don't see em matching up very well they couldn't handle Caldwell last year and he has changed alot as far as the way he runs knowing he's the man this year.

And BTW he's a pretty darn good defensive back )

oh and sorry Marshall is faster than Caldwell and tougher to bring down in my opinion.

ROFL that OHS almost lost to Cookeville.  Good games guys.

825720830[/snapback]

You been under a rock Cookeville returned 17 starters and 35 seniors from a team that played riverdale within a touchdown probably the toughest game Ooltewah will have til the playoff and if you were there it wasn't that close. Cookeville is very talented, very very well coached ( better than Ooltewah tonight I thought) and I wouldn't expect em to lose again til playoffs.

Last year Caldewell had like 130 yds. I think and 80 came on one play.....I won't say Soddy stopped him but they held him better than almost anybody did all year....Gary was a very good QB, but Ricketts and Atchley helped him out a ton all year and made him that much better....I know Dobbs is a newbie, but he is a very good athlete as shown by him coming out and helpin the basketball team last year....I saw the Baylor scrimmage and I couldn't believe how well he did....You may doubt him now, but don't be surprised if he does just as good as Gary did last year.

Last year Caldewell had like 130 yds. I think and 80 came on one play.....I won't say Soddy stopped him but they held him better than almost anybody did all year....Gary was a very good QB, but Ricketts and Atchley helped him out a ton all year and made him that much better....I know Dobbs is a newbie, but he is a very good athlete as shown by him coming out and helpin the basketball team last year....I saw the Baylor scrimmage and I couldn't believe how well he did....You may doubt him now, but don't be surprised if he does just as good as Gary did last year.

825720841[/snapback]

Jared is a heck of an athlete and a very very great kid all around but he's not in Gary's league Gary was a real QB and should have started as a junior in my opinion. Soddy-Daisy did "contain" Caldwell last year if you can call 130 yards containing but Zach Woods who is back did complete an 80 yard past to Landsden if I remember right. Difference is Zach is Senior QB this year and caldwell has 2 other tailbacks and a Fullback that you guys have to see to believe with him and he just ran different tonight than all year last year.

Cookville prolly held Caldwell to bout 130-140 yards but Brian Marshall had close to if not 100 and Gaston had bout 50 and caldwell had 3 runs called back on holding which was about as good as the pass interference calls .

Jared is a heck of an athlete and a very very great kid all around but he's not in Gary's league Gary was a real QB and should have started as a junior in my opinion.  Soddy-Daisy did "contain" Caldwell last year if you can call 130 yards containing but Zach Woods who is back did complete an 80 yard past to Landsden if I remember right.  Difference is Zach is Senior QB this year and caldwell has 2 other tailbacks and a Fullback that you guys have to see to believe with him and he just ran different tonight than all year last year.

Cookville prolly held Caldwell to bout 130-140 yards but Brian Marshall had close to if not 100 and Gaston had bout 50 and caldwell had 3 runs called back on holding which was about as good as the pass interference calls .

825720853[/snapback]

and the entire game Cookeville Knew Caldwell was getting the ball and his shortest carry was prolly 6 yards

Jared is a heck of an athlete and a very very great kid all around but he's not in Gary's league Gary was a real QB and should have started as a junior in my opinion.  Soddy-Daisy did "contain" Caldwell last year if you can call 130 yards containing but Zach Woods who is back did complete an 80 yard past to Landsden if I remember right.  Difference is Zach is Senior QB this year and caldwell has 2 other tailbacks and a Fullback that you guys have to see to believe with him and he just ran different tonight than all year last year.

825720853[/snapback]

I understand the doubt on your part, but I'm tellin you, he'll be just fine....Last year Soddy Daisy played better than Ooltewah did and I don't think there are many people that can deny it, BUT Ooltewah's speed got them on the long post, the run, and the field goal and Ooltewah pulled it out....I was at tonights game and actually left right before half time because Cookeville looked terrible and you guys were running all over them. I couldn't believe when I got home and saw the score, and I'm looking forward to week 10 when we meet again.

Edited by give'emsix

I understand the doubt on your part, but I'm tellin you, he'll be just fine....Last year Soddy Daisy played better than Ooltewah did and I don't think there are many people that can deny it, BUT Ooltewah's speed got them on the long post, the run, and the field goal and Ooltewah pulled it out....I was at tonights game and actually left right before half time because Cookeville looked terrible and you guys were running all over them.  I couldn't believe when I got home and saw the score, and I'm looking forward to week 10 when we meet again.

825720855[/snapback]

Hopefully it will be battle of the undefeateds again but we both have to beat oak ridge first

But Caldwell has chip on his shoulder with all the talk about guilmire being best tailback in town