Brentwood Team Camp - 8-5 thru 8-7

PageMan

The outside for IHS is Liz Powell. She played for Page her freshman year and, at the time, I thought she would be the next Emily Perilli - she even wore Emily's old number 1. Times have changed, other schools have opened, and re-zoning has taken away many players who would have played for Page. Another loss to Independence was setter Andrea Smith who has some of the best hands I have ever seen. Her sister, Sara Smith, played for Page in the past. It's funny that I thought Page being open-zoned now would help attract players, but it appears the opposite has occurred as far as volleyball is concerned. With both Brentwood & Ravenwood also being open-zoned, several middle school prospects may choose to go to those schools instead of Page. Heritage Middle used to feed Page, but now those players are zoned for Independence.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The outside for IHS is Liz Powell.  She played for Page her freshman year and, at the time, I thought she would be the next Emily Perilli - she even wore Emily's old number 1.  Times have changed, other schools have opened, and re-zoning has taken away many players who would have played for Page.  Another loss to Independence was setter Andrea Smith who has some of the best hands I have ever seen.  Her sister, Sara Smith, played for Page in the past.  It's funny that I thought Page being open-zoned now would help attract players, but it appears the opposite has occurred as far as volleyball is concerned.  With both Brentwood & Ravenwood also being open-zoned, several middle school prospects may choose to go to those schools instead of Page.  Heritage Middle used to feed Page, but now those players are zoned for Independence.

825711980[/snapback]

That's right, and Independence continues to take Page Middle students from Page High, obviously seriously affecting the volleyball team. Everyone that was at BHS this past weekend saw with their own eyes how incredibly small in number our team is. Next year IHS will take 3 more volleyball players. I don't know how long Independence will take Page Middle students, but I know they are taking some this school year and next school year. I just don't think it's fair to Page High - only one feeder middle school and even some of those students go to IHS. Then this year, open zoning happens. JEEZ - Maybe the county is trying to put Page High out of business. That would be a shame cause PHS has some of the highest test scores in the county - higher than Brentwood in math!

ER is very solid but unfortunately 1 great player does not make the entire team "the best". They have great coaching and should make it to state and could even win state in A/AA but according to my schedule they will be playing Brentwood on Sat. Aug. 27, at Ooltewah and I don't know if they can win that one. I guess going undefeated, would make them one of the best ER teams ever.

It's just a guess, but I think ERidger was saying that nobody in Division A/AA will beat them in the dist./region/sectional/state competition.

East Ridge has every right to be confident about their chances in A/AA.

It is early, though, with much time to improve for all teams. If ER doesn't improve much more and other teams improve greatly, the scenerio at the end of the season could be very much a surprise.

I have seen some teams play well in the beginning of the season and then just not improve much. Don't know if that would ever happen with a Neeley team!?!