Oakland / Cookeville / Brentwood scrimmage

4walls

strlcoach,

Cookeville will be fine. I am a Oak Ridge fan and a parent of a couple of their players and Cookeville looked like a good team. Our scrimmage with them was pretty equal, 1st vs 1st was close, final score nowhere near an indication of the scrimmage. Most observers tend to look through rose colored glasses and have slanted views. I was really impressed with your coaching staff and the drills they were putting their players through b4 the game. Hopefully we will see you guys again this year!

Edited by Tnbreakers

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scrimmages are a diificult barometer for what will actually happen in the regular season. Although, I have not seen Cookeville play this season, no on should underestimate a team that went deep into the playoffs and returns 35 seniors. That is a HUGE number of seniors.

Brentwood returns with good players every year and it is no surprise to see them come in with a strong team.

Oakland might be down a little, but I can't imagine that they were horrible or "weak".

This Friday will clearly tell us what Cookeville really has... they will be playing an Ooltewah team that returns about 28 seniors and the teams leaders and skill players. I plan to see that game.

I'm a little surprised that football players are put out by a little smack, because intimidation is much of what the game is about. However, I think it can get a little out of hand, and the BHS quarterback must have been pretty bad for other football players to comment on it.

Scrimmages are a diificult barometer for what will actually happen in the regular season.  Although, I have not seen Cookeville play this season, no on should underestimate a team that went deep into the playoffs and returns 35 seniors.  That is a HUGE number of seniors.

Brentwood returns with good players every year and it is no surprise to see them come in with a strong team.

Oakland might be down a little, but I can't imagine that they were horrible or "weak". 

This Friday will clearly tell us what Cookeville really has... they will be playing an Ooltewah team that returns about 28 seniors and the teams leaders and skill players.  I plan to see that game.

I'm a little surprised that football players are put out by a little smack, because intimidation is much of what the game is about.  However, I think it can get a little out of hand, and the BHS quarterback must have been pretty bad for other football players to comment on it.

825716533[/snapback]

While he was very talented and quick, his mouth was extremely hard to take. Even some of the BHS fans that I was talking to there agreed as well. We were already used to Thomas from Riverdale ...so smack talking QB's are nothing new. It is part of the game. But it really makes a guy want to drill him.