dyersburg vs milan

mg

dyersburg and milan squared off for a HOT AS HECK scrimmage thurs afternoon...

i will not say anything bout milan, i'll let their fans give that report...

varsity score was 3-2 dyersburg....dyersburg varsity had two other scoring drives stoped inside the 5 yard line..

when dyersburg was on defense, they rotated so many people in on every play, i don't ever recall seeing what would even be considered a starting unit....i am sure that milan was doing the same thing because of the heat....the only thing i will say bout dburg defense was that dburgs austin lyons was double teamed, and sometimes tripled and quad teamed...i guess they had a lot of respect for him....

dyersburg came into todays scrimmage with what was the 3rd string qb 2 weeks ago.....the first string qb is out with lower back problems and the second string qb is no longer on the team....

IMO, you have to feel pretty good anytime you go into milan and play your 3rd string qb and come out on top...if dburg gets their 1st string qb healthy and back into the mix, could result in a very strong and deadly offense.....

Edited by mg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dyersburg and milan squared off for a HOT AS HECK scrimmage thurs afternoon...

i will not say anything bout milan, i'll let their fans give that report...

varsity score was 3-2 dyersburg....dyersburg varsity had two other scoring drives stoped inside the 5 yard line..

when dyersburg was on defense, they rotated so many people in on every play, i don't ever recall seeing what would even be considered a starting unit....i am sure that milan was doing the same thing because of the heat....the only thing i will say bout dburg defense was that dburgs austin lyons was double teamed, and sometimes tripled and quad teamed...i guess they had a lot of respect for him....

dyersburg came into todays scrimmage with what was the 3rd string qb 2 weeks ago.....the first string qb is out with lower back problems and the second string qb is no longer on the team....

IMO, you have to feel pretty good anytime you go into milan and play your 3rd string qb and come out on top...if dburg gets their 1st string qb healthy and back into the mix, could result in a very strong and deadly offense.....

825709719[/snapback]

On top of what? Scrimmage is all about finding players.

don't be so sensitive....my last statement was a compliment to the milan program...

anytime you start a 3rd string qb against a quality program, and score points, then i am sure that dburg coaches were happy that they found a player in their 3rd string qb...

hey DMS.....i bet it was hotter in milan yesterday than it was OVER THERE............but at least i did not have to DUCK AND COVER!

rashad taylor is 3rd string.....the second string qb had to make a choice, and probably made the wrong choice ..... had something to do with AAU or team camp

if dyersburg gets the quarterback situation resolved, they should be good offensively...... the O line is solid.... eakin and miles toted the ball and both looked good IMO......then the sophomore caldwell came in and had 5 carries for about 180 yards...and 2 td's...(better remember that name...in two freshmen games last year he had over 600 yards and 10 touchdowns....)

although the "O" did not look good against milan, i think everyone senses that they have the potential to be better than the 97 team that made it to the semi-finals against pearl cohn (aka at time santonio beard and big john henderson high)..... the missing piece is the qb....can the first string qb get healthy or will the 3rd stringer have to get it done?

dburg's defense has a lot of work to do up front and at linebacker.... the secondary is solid.....

DMS we will keep you posted ......remember, DUCK AND COVER......

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND OUR TROOPS! thumb

Edited by mg

THE PLAYER IN QUESTION IS JUSTIN BLAKE ..THIS KID HAS PLAYED FOR THE 2ND RANKED NATIONAL AAU TEAM IN THE NATION AND IS CURRENTLY IN ORLANDO FLORIDA. THERE WAS NO CHOICE MADE BY JUSTIN, HIS FATHER MADE THE CHOICE FOR HIM. AFTER TRAVELING FOR THE ENTIRE SUMMER AND PRACTICING ALL SUMMER HE SHOULD NOT BE PUT IN THAT POSITION.

I'M SURE IF THE COACHES SON WAS PLAYING FOR ONE OF THE BEST TEAMS IN THE COUNTRY HE WOULD HAVE MADE THE SAME DECISION.

THE NATIONAL EXPOSURE THIS KID IS ATTAINING WILL ONLY HELP THE DYERSBURG TEAM AS A WHOLE. NO OTHER TEAMS IN OUR AREA WOULD PUT A 10TH GRADER IN THAT KIND OF SITUATION. WE NEED TO STOP BEING SO PETTY.

IF HE DOESN'T ALLOW JUSTIN TO PLAY THEN SHAME ON HIM!!!!!!!

AS EVERYONE KNOWS,I POST FOR LAKE CO AND THIS IS HIS UNCLE C.J. POSTING UNDER MY NAME BECAUSE I AM ALREADY REGISTERED..C.J.WORKS WITH ME AND READ THIS ARTICLE AND WANTED TO RESPOND..PLUS C.J SAID THAT JUSTIN'S PARENT'S HAD ALREADY HAD THIS TRIP PLANNED ,WITH ROOMS ALREADY BEING RESERVED..IN MY OPINION...HOW COME THIS KID COULDN'T DO BOTH?

I KNOW THERE ARE GOING TO BE SOME PEOPLE RESPOND THAT IT ISN'T RIGHT FOR JUSTIN TO NOT BE IN CAMP AND EVERYONE ELSE IS..AND I WOULD AGREE IF HE WAS JUST SITTING AT HOME WATCHING TELEVISION OR OUT PLAYING AROUND...BUT THIS KID IS OUT SWEATING AND TRYING TO DO BETTER FOR HIMSELF.....JUST HE IS DOING IT IN ANOTHER SPORT...LIKE I SAID.I SUPPORT LAKE CO..LAKE CO HAS A STAR QUARTERBACK IN BRANDON SPRINGER...I BELIEVE THE COACH WOULD WANT HIM AT FOOTBALL CAMP,BUT IF BRANDON WAS ON A NATIONAL TEAM LIKE THIS,I DOUBT THE COACH WOULD NOT LET HIM PLAY FOOTBALL...SAME FOR ANDRE FLOWERS AT DYER CO..I WOULD BET MONEY IF HE WERE PLAYING ON THIS SAME BASKETBALL TEAM,THAT THE COACH WOULD NOT LET HIM PLAY FOOTBALL

i hate it for the young man, but there is more to the story than what has been said here... but lets make sure that the facts are known:

there was the summer work outs....

then there was the summer throwing sessions....

then there was team camp......

so yes, a choice was made by someone....and the choice was to play AAU basketball...sometimes innocent people have to suffer for choices made for them.....that is life and we have to live with it......life is and will always be about choices....

i wish justin all the luck ....he will play an important role on the trojan basketball team this fall...

don't even begin to criticize the coach at dburg or his program, .....he is well respected by his peers, past and present players, and the people of dyersburg...heck, he could be mayor....

the coach is the coach....end of story...

Edited by mg