Bradley Ties Knox Catholic

bradleybears2004

VolTN

Since I would be the "Idiot" you are referring to the answer is no. I'm from Knoxville and I don't really gove a darn about Bradley. Never seen them in Basketball and most probably never will. I just thought it silly that some "homer" was tooting his horns about a "tie" with a school that at best will go 5-5 in 3-A ball.

I will make this prediction for you right now. I don't know who Bradley plays in non region games and I don't really care. I do know who they play in region 2 5-A. I see no more than 2 possibilities for wins. OR, Oolt., Soddy and Farragut are losses. The only chances for wins are against McMinn, WB & Heritage. I'm gonna say WB has too much Offense ( but not much defense) so that leaves Heritage and McMinn.

If i'm wrong feel free to start a post when/if Bradley wins against a 5-A playoff calibre team.

Otherwise take a chill pill.

Edited by 5743

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, let me get this straight, you live in Knoxville so you never saw the scrimmage.

You have a glass ball that you look into and predict wins/loses.

Well here is the scoop number man. Bradley gave up two early touchdowns then stopped, according to you, a weak team that averaged around 30-40 points per game last year.

OK lets look deeper, it was the first chance to run a new offense against anyone but themselves. they scored twice and had long drives which ended in fumbles on two others. This against a poor team that only gave up an average of two TD's per game last year.

They also have a new defense to learn and gave up a 60 yard pass for 1 TD then gave up 1 run TD from their own 20 after going for 4th and not making it.

Now why would Bradley want to go take on top 5A schools during scrimmages when they play them during the season. After last seasons disaster, they need to learn the new system and build confidence which seems to be happening.

Do I think they can win against the Ool. Soddy's and OR. Eventually I think it will happen, just maybe not this year. But they will be much more competitive. There won't be anymore 70-0 blowouts.

Voltn, this might be a wrestler that got his behind whipped by some State Champions from Bradley.

Edited by BCrising

Well 5743 i will say catholic did play the easiest schedule but i dont think they will go 5-5. They do jump into the hardest region in 3-a so we will see how they do. i bet they make the playoffs and could pull of an upset. but who knows since they do play a harder scheadule and will be in a tough game each week instead of only being in 2 tough games in last season. therefore they may lose key players to injury. i bet catholic will go 7-3, or 6-4. this year.

MOfo

Look at catholic's schedule. A-E, Smith Co., Fulton, Anderson County. If they win ONE of those games it would be a small miracle. The jump from from where they have played in the past to 3-A is huge.

If Catholic had a roster of D-1 talent like Alcoa then a big jump would be no problem but this is Catholic. Opening with a 2004 3-A semifinalist took either guts or stupidity.

As for the Bear fans keep on drinking the Grape Kool-Aid it did wonders for the followers of Jim Jones.

Ohh, and one final thing if you get beat 35-7 or 70-0 what is the difference?