Gordonsville vs. Carthage

JimmyCash

Antwan didn't Carthage just beat Gordonsville 24-8 last year. Wasn't that the year Carthage made it to the semi-finals in MIGHTY 3-A. Thats pretty bad. A semi-Finalist in 3-A beats the third place team in region 4-1A by 16 points. Not a huge difference is it. Not the huge difference that Carthage people try to play it as. Gordonsville will hand Carthage a loss this year.

Is Gordonsville that much better? I'd say yes they are. They have around sixty kids on the team that are ready to play some football. They aren't preparing in the blazing heat for Knox Catholic. Their minds are set on Carthage. A Carthage team that lost alot from last year whether their fans want to accept it or not. They return a couple of recievers from a dominant running team, a couple of offensive lineman, and a tight end on offense. That is not impressive. Nor the fact that they have one coach for every player on the team. With all of the negatives looking at Carthage and the positives looking at Gordonsville, it is hard not to see a victory for the Tigers. I'm just glad you guys are coming down to 1A to get some good competition like Gordonsville and Trousdale County. We know you won't get it in Region 4-2A aka AFC (Amish Football Conference).

I know now that all Carthage people will try to rip me in half and that is ok. Most people dont like to hear the truth especially people from Carthage. But while you guys are focused on Knox Catholic, Gordonsville is focused on Carthage and no other. And when you guys cross that river and see our Beautiful Brand New (not renovated) school and then see the Tigers in Blue and White hand Carthage their first or second loss of the season, I don't want to see any tears. I know it will be hard to take. A butt kicking and the knowing that consolidation will never happen. Thats ok. Good luck against Knox Catholic because the next week you will definitely need it.

Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Antwan didn't Carthage just beat Gordonsville 24-8 last year. Wasn't that the year Carthage made it to the semi-finals in MIGHTY 3-A. Thats pretty bad. A semi-Finalist in 3-A beats the third place team in region 4-1A by 16 points. Not a huge difference is it. Not the huge difference that Carthage people try to play it as. Gordonsville will hand Carthage a loss this year.

Is Gordonsville that much better? I'd say yes they are. They have around sixty kids on the team that are ready to play some football. They aren't preparing in the blazing heat for Knox Catholic. Their minds are set on Carthage. A Carthage team that lost alot from last year whether their fans want to accept it or not. They return a couple of recievers from a dominant running team, a couple of offensive lineman, and a tight end on offense. That is not impressive. Nor the fact that they have one coach for every player on the team. With all of the negatives looking at Carthage and the positives looking at Gordonsville, it is hard not to see a victory for the Tigers. I'm just glad you guys are coming down to 1A to get some good competition like Gordonsville and Trousdale County. We know you won't get it in  Region 4-2A aka AFC (Amish Football Conference).

I know now that all Carthage people will try to rip me in half and that is ok. Most people dont like to hear the truth especially people from Carthage. But while you guys are focused on Knox Catholic, Gordonsville is focused on Carthage and no other. And when you guys cross that river and see our Beautiful Brand New (not renovated) school and then see the Tigers in Blue and White hand Carthage their first or second loss of the season, I don't want to see any tears. I know it will be hard to take. A butt kicking and the knowing that consolidation will never happen. Thats ok. Good luck against Knox Catholic because the next week you will definitely need it.

Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!

825713188[/snapback]

That's funny. Yeah...there's no way we can compete with the Kitties. I guess the Owls will show up anyway. Yeah...that mighty region you are in is way tougher than ours. Is it Mt. Juliet Christian...or RBS that puts you over the top? I would argue...but with your post...I don't think it would get through. ;) I don't think there's much fear on this side of the river.You are right about one thing...Catholic will be the best team on our schedule. They are tough. We'll see soon enough if the Kitties are.

Edited by Antwan

Is Gordonsville that much better? I'd say yes they are. They have around sixty kids on the team that are ready to play some football. They aren't preparing in the blazing heat for Knox Catholic. Their minds are set on Carthage. A Carthage team that lost alot from last year whether their fans want to accept it or not. They return a couple of recievers from a dominant running team, a couple of offensive lineman, and a tight end on offense. That is not impressive. Nor the fact that they have one coach for every player on the team. With all of the negatives looking at Carthage and the positives looking at Gordonsville, it is hard not to see a victory for the Tigers. I'm just glad you guys are coming down to 1A to get some good competition like Gordonsville and Trousdale County. We know you won't get it in  Region 4-2A aka AFC (Amish Football Conference).

Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!

825713188[/snapback]

A lil over confident aren't you?? Going out and saying that your going to whip a team that you havn't beat very much at all in the past...Smith went to the semi finals and only beat yall by 16...But Friendship Christian and Monterey put a whippen on yall last year...For a rivalry game that has been played for a long time you would expect the score to be close no matter the teams talent...

A lil over confident aren't you?? Going out and saying that your going to whip a team that you havn't beat very much at all in the past...Smith went to the semi finals and only beat yall by 16...But Friendship Christian and Monterey put a whippen on yall last year...For a rivalry game that has been played for a long time you would expect the score to be close no matter the teams talent...

825713231[/snapback]

It was 24-0 when Gordansville blocked a punt late for their only score. I really wouldn't call that too close. SC probably played their worst game of the year...besides the Trousdale game. Anyway...that was last year. Most of our starters from that game are gone. It's good to get someone from the other side of the river to talk a little. They've been in the witness protection program the last few years. ;)

Is Gordonsville that much better than last year ?? Yes they are.. ... They return a few seniors that decided not to play there Junior year that where important players there sophmore year ... This team is the hardest hitting team ive seen come through Gville in years... Think what u want... Keep talking about last year... I see you know your stats.. but this is this year and its gonna be one heck of a game... I never said Smith Co's D would drop off any... Their D is tough.... I think we are in for a 14-13 game... And I'll give the advantage to the "kitties" this year as they can get well prepared and they are playing at home!

It was 24-0 when Gordansville blocked a punt late for their only score.  I really wouldn't call that too close.  SC probably played their worst game of the year...besides the Trousdale game. Anyway...that was last year.  Most of our starters from that game are gone. It's good to get someone from the other side of the river to talk a little.  They've been in the witness protection program the last few years.  :lol:

825713243[/snapback]

Carthage was only up 12-0 at the half and they scored them 12 points in the last 2 mins of the the 2nd Quarter.

Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!

825713188[/snapback]

And I've taken that vow to be nice...sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh...

Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!

825713188[/snapback]

:lol: ur too much. the mighty tigers r feelin good after their big win over JC. the 3 TD loss we'll give ya this year will calm ya'lls hopes down. every year is g-ville's year but they can never seem to win. :lol:

Is Gordonsville that much better than last year ?? Yes they are..  ...    They return a few seniors that decided not to play there Junior year that where important players there sophmore year ... This team is the hardest hitting team ive seen come through Gville in years...  Think what u want... Keep talking about last year...  I see you know your stats.. but this is this year and its gonna be one heck of a game... I never said Smith Co's D would drop off any... Their D is tough....  I think we are in for a 14-13 game... And I'll give the advantage to the "kitties" this year as they can get well prepared and they are playing at home!

825713256[/snapback]

You're the one that brought up last year. Nah...a win over JC in a scrimmage doesn't put too much fear in the Owls. It might be a game for a half as usual. The outcome won't be in doubt after that. That's all I have to say about that. Catholic is up first. I am sure our guys haven't thought about the Kitties yet.

Edited by Antwan

Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!

825713188[/snapback]

lets see another person mad becase they dont have a good coaching staf

and your right we havent been geting ready for G-ville we have been geting ready for one long.............ride 2 knox