Gordonsville vs. Carthage

JimmyCash

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This "rivalry", as some people like to refer to it, does not go in cycles. Oh wait!! Yes it does. It's called a Unicycle and it's not going to be any different this year. I know Smith County lost alot of impact players off of last years team. So what, SC has lost a whole lot of "talented" players in the last three years. But the one important thing they have left with the rising Senior Class as they graduated was the will to win.

So you say the Tigers have some Seniors back that were good players as sophomores. Maybe they'll skip the fair this year. Or at least maybe they'll be mature enough this time around to pay for their mistakes and move on.

I am finished on here until Week 1 but I will let you nonbelievers in on a little secret of mine.......Smith County's two headed monster in the backfield will be too much for G-ville to handle.

And BTW.....How do you people think you're going to score when you've got the ball? Just a Question!?!?!

This "rivalry", as some people like to refer to it, does not go in cycles.  Oh wait!! Yes it does.  It's called a Unicycle and it's not going to be any different this year.  I know Smith County lost alot of impact players off of last years team.  So what, SC has lost a whole lot of "talented" players in the last three years.  But the one important thing they have left with the rising Senior Class as they graduated was the will to win.

So you say the Tigers have some Seniors back that were good players as sophomores.  Maybe they'll skip the fair this year.  Or at least maybe they'll be mature enough this time around to pay for their mistakes and move on.

I am finished on here until Week 1 but I will let you nonbelievers in on a little secret of mine.......Smith County's two headed monster in the backfield will be too much for G-ville to handle.

And BTW.....How do you people think you're going to score when you've got the ball?  Just a Question!?!?!

825713832[/snapback]

you score by crossing the other teams goal line with the football....time to get nervous... kc week 0.... carthage 0-2 after wk 1 :lol:

Big Reid took the words outta my mouth. You guys think your so hot just because you have a state championship over there. When did you win that? Wasn't there like only 2 or 3 regions back then. If you wanna talk like that then lets talk. Look at the SC and Gville records. SC-55 Gville 18. And yeah thats right I just looked it up. I think that says enough. Like Big Reid said this is a cycle game. A unicycle. But guess what, none of that matters this year. This is 2005, not 1, 2, or 50, 60 years ago. Lets focus on the year at hand. That is, The year the baby kittens gets swooped off the ground by the Owls.

they run a lot of gun but manily they just let the qb do all the work for them

825713949[/snapback]

Why not let the QB do all(or most) of the work when you have an excellent athlete at the position? What does it matter who does the work as long as it gets done?

And if you all insist that there is no rivalry between these two schools then explain why each school has a big bonfire each year before the game where students from both schools get pumped up for the big game...or is SMITH COUNTY having theirs before the Knox Catholic game this year???

I also see that the Dan the Man legacy still lives on...Go Gordansville!!!!

Edited by grasshopper

Speaking of never having, I believe Carthage will never win a State Championship. I believe that the last time that I checked Gordonsville has won one of those as well.

825713664[/snapback]

ohhh..congratulations on ur state title from the disco era....did they wear those leather helmets back then?? i bet u wake up everyday with a smile on ur face jus thinkin bout that title. i kno i would. :lol:

you score by crossing the other teams goal line with the football....time to get nervous... kc week 0.... carthage 0-2 after wk 1  :lol:

825713881[/snapback]

yeah but gettin to that goal line is gonna be a problem with no offense. :lol:

poor g-ville...maybe next year....maybe never. :D

Edited by sleep23

I really could care less about this game but it's 9:00 p.m. and i really have run out of posts to read. I was just reading how ignorant this sleep23 really is and bigreid and antwan with their 1st grade at best trash talk. Please stick to the curriculum and post only what the subject is. Oh, by the way, Gordonsville wins. (Didn't want to be a hypocrite)

Edited by jobran422