Camden/Union City scrimmage

black&gold

I heard one of the players got hurt.... Just wondering what happened?

825714994[/snapback]

Yes we had another player injured last nite...that makes a total of 4 starters out...3 are now questionable for weeks 0, and 1 and the other will be out for longer I think...at this point the Lions just want to get past Westview and Huntingdon and into the region games without losing anyone else...Its time to see some senior leadership and some are going to really have to focus and turn up the intensity or it'll be a long season for us. On a good note the 2nd and third string was able to move the ball with ease so the future looks good...our starters just haven't gotten it together as a team like they were in the spring...it'll all come together and we need to start focusing on one game at a time. Go LIONS we believe!

Edited by Lions4ever

Basically, we have no depth, especially on the lines. Our starting offensive line is pretty much our starting defensive line as well. So when you're playing every down for an entire game in the trenches, you're gonna get tired and wore down, then you're gonna get lazy, then you can't block or tackle. Plus we have had a few injuries as well. Wilbanks, our best LB, has a seperated shoulder, he'll be out at least 3 weeks. Also, I have heard Busby is out for possibly a week or two. Some people are definitely gonna have to step up BIG TIME, or these first two weeks will be very ugly. And it would not be good at all going into 8 straight region games winless with a couple of blow out losses.